80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

@Paradis @RoadFan @Barry McCockinner since I'm not doing JN FF this year I figured I'd share my big board and positional ranks for your perusal/criticism.  

0.5 point PPR, 10 teams, and it looks like this year we're going with no Kickers and an extra flex.  Thus, QB, RB, WR1, WR2, TE, FLEX, FLEX, D/ST will be the starting positions each week.

Barring injury I am keeping Pitts for a 4th round pick.

QB

image.png.6c63c0fb2d9d61d383ea6ee167c3cd53.png

RB

image.thumb.png.58c4a8bfc2cdddedb9cdf2876840e57a.png

WR

image.thumb.png.3ca89535ed9d97ce3d684b6e35d88875.png

TE

image.png.e30ecd9729221925afd917025b24deff.png

Overall Big Board

image.thumb.png.39b5efe29490f249c65a83834daf6345.png

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @RoadFan @Barry McCockinner since I'm not doing JN FF this year I figured I'd share my big board and positional ranks for your perusal/criticism.  

0.5 point PPR, 10 teams, and it looks like this year we're going with no Kickers and an extra flex.  Thus, QB, RB, WR1, WR2, TE, FLEX, FLEX, D/ST will be the starting positions each week.

Barring injury I am keeping Pitts for a 4th round pick.

QB

image.png.6c63c0fb2d9d61d383ea6ee167c3cd53.png

RB

image.thumb.png.58c4a8bfc2cdddedb9cdf2876840e57a.png

WR

image.thumb.png.3ca89535ed9d97ce3d684b6e35d88875.png

TE

image.png.e30ecd9729221925afd917025b24deff.png

Overall Big Board

image.thumb.png.39b5efe29490f249c65a83834daf6345.png

Surprised you aren't keeping Tiki Barber.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Matt Ryan overachieves this year. Trey Lance is a disaster. 

I definitely think you're right on that one.  But in a 10-team league where I'm likely only going to draft 1 QB I'll be leaving him undrafted but as a priority streamer.

• 2 weeks later...

@Paradis @RoadFan @Barry McCockinner @RobR here's how I did at my draft yesterday (Pitts was my keeper):

image.png.50f62646cf7fd5f194a61161fe2c402c.png

Rationale:

• I didn't want to go WR-WR in Rd 1/2 but it was between Lamb or Aaron Jones and I had Lamb several spots higher.  I don't like to reach in the early rounds.  So I ended up in a bit of a "Zero RB" situation, which is fine in a 10-team league.
  • Since I went WR heavy early I didn't draft another WR until Rd 14.  There's still plenty of interesting options on the waiver wire at the moment so I think I made the right call there.
  • I haven't drafted Jets in a long time so lest you think Breece or Carter were "homer picks", they were rather values I didn't think I could pass up at the time I took them.  Also, you know, Zero RB:  Beggars can't be choosers.
  • It probably wasn't necessary to take two QB's in a 1-QB league but I had Russ way higher than anyone else on my board at the time I took him.  Also, I correctly guessed one of the stronger players in the league was targeting him a few picks away from me.  Thus, he was well worth the 9th rd pick in my mind.  Plus, Hurts' bye week falls on Week 7, the same week Russ is due to face the Jets.  He's gonna go off and may even win me that week.  And I'm 1-2 QB injuries away around the league from a trade partner opening up.

Here are my "best available".  I'm gonna pick up Rondale Moore and drop Bass, then see if any of my "questionable" guys are out this week to stash in our lone IR spot:

image.png.77cf8867f1444238fbf40a6b148d1cab.png

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @RoadFan @Barry McCockinner @RobR here's how I did at my draft yesterday (Pitts was my keeper):

Rationale:

• I didn't want to go WR-WR in Rd 1/2 but it was between Lamb or Aaron Jones and I had Lamb several spots higher.  I don't like to reach in the early rounds.  So I ended up in a bit of a "Zero RB" situation, which is fine in a 10-team league.
  • Since I went WR heavy early I didn't draft another WR until Rd 14.  There's still plenty of interesting options on the waiver wire at the moment so I think I made the right call there.
  • I haven't drafted Jets in a long time so lest you think Breece or Carter were "homer picks", they were rather values I didn't think I could pass up at the time I took them.  Also, you know, Zero RB:  Beggars can't be choosers.
  • It probably wasn't necessary to take two QB's in a 1-QB league but I had Russ way higher than anyone else on my board at the time I took him.  Also, I correctly guessed one of the stronger players in the league was targeting him a few picks away from me.  Thus, he was well worth the 9th rd pick in my mind.  Plus, Hurts' bye week falls on Week 7, the same week Russ is due to face the Jets.  He's gonna go off and may even win me that week.  And I'm 1-2 QB injuries away around the league from a trade partner opening up.

Here are my "best available".  I'm gonna pick up Rondale Moore and drop Bass, then see if any of my "questionable" guys are out this week to stash in our lone IR spot:

I’m sorry.  Haven’t had a lot of time for extra fantasy thoughts.  

What is the scoring format for receptions?

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I’m sorry.  Haven’t had a lot of time for extra fantasy thoughts.  

What is the scoring format for receptions?

0.5 point PPR.  Also there are 3-point yardage bonuses (100+ yards rushing/receiving and 400+ passing yards).  

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

0.5 point PPR.  Also there are 3-point yardage bonuses (100+ yards rushing/receiving and 400+ passing yards).  

My honest opinion is that you’re RBs probably  aren’t good enough.  I see the concept of locking up the Jets and Jaguars.  But those aren’t  projected to be very good teams.  Teams that are ahead run the ball more. 

You could give it a couple of weeks to see if one of them is a hit?  If not don’t wait too long.    Look to flip one or a combo of; Lamb or Williams, Russ or Hurts, maybe throw in Cook to the guy who has Singletary, Walker to the guy who has Penny,  something to try to acquire a three-down back.  You don’t have to shoot for the stars with a top 6 guy that the other owner wouldn’t trade anyway.  Perhaps, a guy like James Conner who isn’t as sexy as some of the guys above him but will consistently produce good numbers.   

Or stay with the same plan?  Explore acquiring Penny cheaply and lock up Seattle since both are unlikely to play 17 games?

I think MVS was a smart move.  On a passing team that you don’t know who is going to get the ball… best to wait and take the last one available.   He is also likely to hit a few 3-point bonuses with long TDs.

I don’t like Cook simply because the best RB on the roster is Josh Allen.  It is a committee with all having limited TD potential.  The Bills even went to Breida late last season until he fumbled.  

I like Nico Collins a lot.  Houston will be throwing a ton and he had exactly the type of rookie season you like to see to project future success.   I like Pickens too but Pittsburgh receivers are a question mark just like the Chiefs.   

I felt that Hamler got more separation than any other WR in his draft class.  Bad injury.  Not worthy of a roster spot but keep an eye out for signs of life.  If the speed has returned, he could fit Russ’ scramble and chuck it real well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

My honest opinion is that you’re RBs probably  aren’t good enough.  I see the concept of locking up the Jets and Jaguars.  But those aren’t  projected to be very good teams.  Teams that are ahead run the ball more. 

You could give it a couple of weeks to see if one of them is a hit?  If not don’t wait too long.    Look to flip one or a combo of; Lamb or Williams, Russ or Hurts, maybe throw in Cook to the guy who has Singletary, Walker to the guy who has Penny,  something to try to acquire a three-down back.  You don’t have to shoot for the stars with a top 6 guy that the other owner wouldn’t trade anyway.  Perhaps, a guy like James Conner who isn’t as sexy as some of the guys above him but will consistently produce good numbers.   

Or stay with the same plan?  Explore acquiring Penny cheaply and lock up Seattle since both are unlikely to play 17 games?

I think MVS was a smart move.  On a passing team that you don’t know who is going to get the ball… best to wait and take the last one available.   He is also likely to hit a few 3-point bonuses with long TDs.

I don’t like Cook simply because the best RB on the roster is Josh Allen.  It is a committee with all having limited TD potential.  The Bills even went to Breida late last season until he fumbled.  

I like Nico Collins a lot.  Houston will be throwing a ton and he had exactly the type of rookie season you like to see to project future success.   I like Pickens too but Pittsburgh receivers are a question mark just like the Chiefs.   

I felt that Hamler got more separation than any other WR in his draft class.  Bad injury.  Not worthy of a roster spot but keep an eye out for signs of life.  If the speed has returned, he could fit Russ’ scramble and chuck it real well.

Thanks!

Trust me, I had no plans walking into that draft of locking up the Jets' and Jaguars' run games, lol.  Even though I of course love me some James Robinson.  It was an unfortunate combination of my pick slot and some quality RBs getting kept that put me in that position.  

Any currently available RBs (or some I might not have listed) that you like off the waiver wire?  

And do you like MVS better than Rondale Moore and the other WRs you listed?  Moore seems like a Year 2 breakout candidate to me.  And I do like Hamler too of course.  He could very well be Russ' Tyler Lockett in Denver.

Considering adding one of my top WRs and dropping Carter since it seems no one else in my league was very interested in him to begin with, and he'll probably sit on waivers/free agency unless there's an injury to Breece.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rationale:

stacked...  Most of my rosters are loaded with these names. If think we differ on B. Hall expectations this year.... i think the whole fantasy/NFL community has inflated his year 1 impact signicantly... if you weren't aiming to keep Hall, i would have taken D. Pierce 7/7 days a week a head of Hall. Carter will still 45-60% of the snaps, especially early on with PP.. i also don't trust Cook's useage this year. we're talking depth now, but that's me looking for holes to poke. Gainwell is a better in 2022 imo. Like Collins Pickens more to...  Also the second McGuire or Wilson (*hearts*) gets hurt, and they will, you jump on TDP and never look back. 

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

stacked...  Most of my rosters are loaded with these names. If think we differ on B. Hall expectations this year.... i think the whole fantasy/NFL community has inflated his year 1 impact signicantly... if you weren't aiming to keep Hall, i would have taken D. Pierce 7/7 days a week a head of Hall. Carter will still 45-60% of the snaps, especially early on with PP.. i also don't trust Cook's useage this year. we're talking depth now, but that's me looking for holes to poke. Gainwell is a better in 2022 imo. Like Collins Pickens more to...  Also the second McGuire or Wilson (*hearts*) gets hurt, and they will, you jump on TDP and never look back. 

Yeah, I really wasn't planning on ending up with Breece Hall.  But once my draft headed down a "Zero RB" path I needed to take some big swings here and there at RB, and he was one of them.  And Rd 6/Pick 51 was certainly a good bit later than his ADP and my expectations of where he'd go.

We only keep 1 player each year and I probably won't ever end up keeping a RB unless I can bring back an absolute monster for a 4th (the minimum round you can give up in our format).  Pitts will likely end up my keeper again next year, at which time I'd be giving up a 3rd rounder.  That would also be my last year I'd be able to keep him (can only keep a player 2 straight years).

Pierce was sitting on the board when I took Hall so I shoulda gone that route....oh well, can't change it now!

Gainwell, Davis Price, Pickens....these are all guys I want to add for sure but I'm not sure who to drop to make room.  I guess Cook and MVS?  I already dropped my Kicker for now and we do have an IR spot (figure I'll add someone like Jameson Williams to fill it if I don't end up having any guys out for Week 1).

The nice thing about 10-team leagues is there's always useful talent available.  The bad thing about 10-team leagues is you often have to drop useful talent to make room...

One additional thing:  I'm leaning towards starting Rhamondre (@ MIA) over Breece.  Based on what you said about Hall above, probably a good call I imagine?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, I really wasn't planning on ending up with Breece Hall.  But once my draft headed down a "Zero RB" path I needed to take some big swings here and there at RB, and he was one of them.  We only keep 1 player each year and I probably won't ever end up keeping a RB unless I can bring back an absolute monster for a 4th (the minimum round you can give up in our format).  Pierce was sitting on the board when I took Hall so I shoulda gone that route....oh well, can't change it now!

Gainwell, Davis Price, Pickens....these are all guys I want to add for sure but I'm not sure who to drop to make room.  I guess Cook and MVS?  

The nice thing about 10-team leagues is there's always useful talent available.  The bad thing about 10-team leagues is you often have to drop useful talent to make room...

I have Hall in a league because he was the best value at that point of my draft there.  Carter will still get 35-40% of snaps, but that's not that much bigger of a dent than many other RB #1s in the NFL. Even with a possible smaller snap percentage, I believe Hall will be more productive in terms of long runs and receptions.  He's going to be a big-play guy.  It's a solid pick. 

• Upvote 1

@Paradis @RoadFan I went ahead and picked up Kenneth Gainwell with my empty roster spot (I had dropped my Kicker).  I'd also added Jameson Williams just to be able to stash someone in my IR slot for now.

I'm leaning towards dropping James Cook a little before tonight's TNF game so I can delay my Kicker pickup as long as possible.  I don't want to drop anyone else at this time so he's the one to let go of for now.  Hopefully if Ken Walker indeed can't go on MNF he gets ruled out ahead of time so I can stash him in my IR spot and add someone else like Pickens or Tyrion Davis Price.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis down goes Elijah Mitchell!  While everyone else will be targeting Wilson, I’ll be making TDP my # 1 waiver claim. 

Or both? At this point, if you can afford the roster space i would grab him and Jordan Mason. Wilson will be a bidding war, but as i love him, he has a farts chance of playing 16 more games.

Just now, Paradis said:

Or both? At this point, if you can afford the roster space i would grab him and Jordan Mason. Wilson will be a bidding war, but as i love him, he has a farts chance of playing 16 more games.

Oh for sure I’ll be going after both but I imagine someone else will end up with Wilson. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Paradis I’m 3-0 baby!

Cook and Montgomery both got hurt today.  Guess who has both Mattison and Herbert in his roster already?  This guy.  

My RBs are now looking at least a little better than they did on draft day:  Robinson, Herbert, Carter, Mattison, Etienne, Breece, Rhamondre, Walker, with TDP in my IR spot. 

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Jetsfan80 Keenan Allen is killing me in a league were we start 3 WR's.  So, now I need to start 1 of 3 WR's.  I've got a good start/lead on the my opponent, really, I just need a 12-15 point outing from one of these dudes in a full point PPR.

Gabe Davis, Josh Reynolds, Zay Jones.  I've currently got Davis in but I dont feel like he's trust worthy.  JR has been on fire and St. Brown could be out again, DJ Chark is, but they have NE.  I dont feel great about ZJ but he delivered for me a few weeks ago in a pinch.

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@Jetsfan80 Keenan Allen is killing me in a league were we start 3 WR's.  So, now I need to start 1 of 3 WR's.  I've got a good start/lead on the my opponent, really, I just need a 12-15 point outing from one of these dudes in a full point PPR.

Gabe Davis, Josh Reynolds, Zay Jones.  I've currently got Davis in but I dont feel like he's trust worthy.  JR has been on fire and St. Brown could be out again, DJ Chark is, but they have NE.  I dont feel great about ZJ but he delivered for me a few weeks ago in a pinch.

I like Zay but he has too much competition  for targets at the moment.  One WR injury and he becomes a really solid option but just not this week.

So it’s between Davis and Reynolds.  I agree that Davis hasn’t been trust worthy but with Isaiah McKenzie out (concussion) as well as Crowder dealing with a multi-week injury, Allen has to feed him.  Stick with Gabe, I’d say.

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like Zay but he has too much competition  for targets at the moment.  One WR injury and he becomes a really solid option but just not this week.

So it’s between Davis and Reynolds.  I agree that Davis hasn’t been trust worthy but with Isaiah McKenzie out (concussion) as well as Crowder dealing with a multi-week injury, Allen has to feed him.  Stick with Gabe, I’d say.

Hope you went with Davis!  lol