80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

*** NOTE:  THE TEAM BELOW IS FROM 2020 ***

Had my money league draft last night.  10 team, 0.5 point PPR, each team selects 1 keeper. 

We decided to add an IR spot and 2 extra bench spots this year to play it safe, hence why it was 18 rounds instead of the traditional 16.

Position Player Team Round Pick
RB Christian McCaffrey CAR 1 1
WR Michael Thomas (KEEPER) NO 2 20
TE George Kittle SF 3 21
WR Odell Beckham CLE 4 40
RB Melvin Gordon DEN 5 41
QB Kyler Murray ARI 6 60
RB Raheem Mostert SF 7 61
RB J.K. Dobbins BAL 8 80
RB Jordan Howard*  MIA 9 81
WR Deebo Samuel SF 10 100
WR Diontae Johnson PIT 11 101
RB Ryquell Armstead*  JAC 12 120
WR Preston Williams MIA 13 121
RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn*  TB 14 140
TE Noah Fant DEN 15 141
D/ST Patriots D/ST NE 16 160
K Wil Lutz NO 17 161
WR Anthony Miller*  CHI 18 180

* Replaced post draft with RB James Robinson, RB Joshua Kelley, RB Damien Harris and RB Darrel Williams

Current Roster (as of Oct 12)

QB:  Kyler Murray

RB:  Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Robinson, Damien Harris, Joshua Kelley, J.K. Dobbins, Malcolm Brown

WR:  Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Odell Beckham, Diontae Johnson, Deebo Samuel, Marvin Jones

TE:  George Kittle, Noah Fant

D/ST:  Colts

K:  Wil Lutz

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ahh. I guess if you tie it to round that impacts decisions. That’s not the case for the league I’m in. 

Yep.  The rule we agreed to was you give up the pick you used for the player.  However, if the player was later than a 4th rounder, you give up a 4th rounder regardless.  No 10th rounder for Lamar Jackson, for instance.  It was a 4th for him.  

I seriously considered a 4th for Jacobs rather than a 2nd for Michael Thomas.  But with how often RBs get hurt, in the end I decided to go with the safer choice in Thomas.  It worked out very well for me, I think. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

thats one banged up roster

Yeah.  The Saquon Barkley owner is in worse shape because he's out the full season, but I have the most injuries of any team by far.  All of my top 3 picks, and 4 of my top 7, are injured.  lol.  

But I should be in good shape in the long run.  

Still racked by injuries, and with the uncertainty over that Steelers game impacting Diontae Johnson, I've opted to start both of my TE's this week:  Kittle and Fant.   

I'd love to be able to deploy Jeff Wilson, who I picked up this week, but with Jerick McKinnon healthy and the Eagles run D pretty good, I can't pull the trigger on that.  

The team I'm facing is loaded.  Zeke, Aaron Jones, Calvin Ridley, Josh Allen, Kelce, Robert Woods, Bucs D.

I'm gonna get destroyed.  Ugh.

I traded Raheem Mostert straight up for Adam Thielen today.  That leaves me with a shortage of quality RB's until McCaffrey comes back, but I couldn't pass up that kind of value.  

Hopefully one of the "lottery ticket" type RBs on my team (like Dobbins, Joshua Kelley or Damien Harris) emerges as a guy I can start with confidence in the next few weeks.  Otherwise it'll be Melvin Gordon and James Robinson holding it down for me there.

• 6 months later...

@Paradis and @RoadFan I need some fantasy guidance from you two.

As I mentioned, briefly, earlier in this thread, my money league allows us to keep 1 player next year.  My choices are as follows:

1.  Keep Christian McCaffrey for a 1st round pick.

2.  Keep James Robinson for a 4th round pick.

3.  Keep no one, and instead use all of my picks like a regular re-draft. 

I will need to make a call on this prior to finding out my pick slot, which will be established on draft day. 

I am going to you two only on this for advice since you found Robinson for me.  No one else will understand my current dilemma like you both.

With the Jags taking Etiene, I am unsure how that impacts his value except it can only go down.  Just not sure if it’s a slight ding, a major blow, or somewhere in between. My initial thought is it’s not a huge deal, as most teams have 2 backs and Etienne will keep Robinson fresh. But that kind of investment in Etienne, plus Urban Meyer’s presence...it’s still scary for Robinson’s future workload. 

If you say I should keep Robinson, I will. If you choose door 1 or 3, that will carry much weight in my thought process as well. 

I have time on this, of course, but wanted to get this out there early while it was fresh on my mind.  Thanks fellas!

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis and @RoadFan I need some fantasy guidance from you two.

As I mentioned, briefly, earlier in this thread, my money league allows us to keep 1 player next year.  My choices are as follows:

1.  Keep Christian McCaffrey for a 1st round pick.

2.  Keep James Robinson for a 4th round pick.

3.  Keep no one, and instead use all of my picks like a regular re-draft. 

I will need to make a call on this prior to finding out my pick slot, which will be established on draft day. 

I am going to you two only on this for advice since you found Robinson for me.  No one else will understand my current dilemma like you both.

With the Jags taking Etiene, I am unsure how that impacts his value except it can only go down.  Just not sure if it’s a slight ding, a major blow, or somewhere in between. My initial thought is it’s not a huge deal, as most teams have 2 backs and Etienne will keep Robinson fresh. But that kind of investment in Etienne, plus Urban Meyer’s presence...it’s still scary for Robinson’s future workload. 

If you say I should keep Robinson, I will. If you choose door 1 or 3, that will carry much weight in my thought process as well. 

I have time on this, of course, but wanted to get this out there early while it was fresh on my mind.  Thanks fellas!

If it were me, I keep McCaffrey.

I find the Etienne pick to be extraordinarily strange.  I have serious doubts about Urban Meyer.  We already know Schittenheimer is a turd.

I think you'll be able to redraft Robinson at a far better value than a 4th.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If it were me, I keep McCaffrey.

I find the Etienne pick to be extraordinarily strange.  I have serious doubts about Urban Meyer.  We already know Schittenheimer is a turd.

I think you'll be able to redraft Robinson at a far better value than a 4th.

Thanks!  Oh, and I assume you think CMC’s productivity won’t be destroyed by Darnold’s presence?  

That’s tough man. I honestly don’t know if Cmac plays 16 games in a season again. He fits the classic mold of a player who’s been overused (Stanford + Carolina) 400+ touch seasons... he’s gonna blew a tire. 

On the other hand - total gamble on what the hell happens in Jacksonville. Who knows with Urban and company. Shotty will lean on talent

cmac?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks!  Oh, and I assume you think CMC’s productivity won’t be destroyed by Darnold’s presence?  

One more note.  The Falcons offense is going to score a lot of points.  Mike Davis has basically no competition in that backfield.  He has the opportunity, skill set, relatively low mileage, and durability for a very big season.

The hype machine will unfortunately ramp up on him, but believe it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis:  I can keep Kyle Pitts in my 10-team, 0.5 PPR league for a 4th round pick.  Yay or nay?

I think I know your answer to this question but thought I'd check just to make sure.

10 team? aye... 0.5... how many people are keeping players? if people are keeping 2 backs and WR, TE will be first up and Pitts will be top choice

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

10 team? aye... 0.5... how many people are keeping players? if people are keeping 2 backs and WR, TE will be first up and Pitts will be top choice

Everybody just keeps 1 player, giving up no later than a 4th rounder to do so.  Most end up keeping a WR in this league given the RB injury risk and lack of QBs or TEs worth ever giving up a 4th to keep.

My guess is Pitts goes in the late 5th and I dunno if I want to take the risk that I’d miss out on him.  Draft order is decided AFTER keepers are selected so id try to get a pick as early as possible so Pitts would require a late 4th for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis:  I can keep Kyle Pitts in my 10-team, 0.5 PPR league for a 4th round pick.  Yay or nay?

I think I know your answer to this question but thought I'd check just to make sure.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:44 PM, Paradis said:

On 7/26/2022 at 11:29 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Everybody just keeps 1 player, giving up no later than a 4th rounder to do so.  Most end up keeping a WR in this league given the RB injury risk and lack of QBs or TEs worth ever giving up a 4th to keep.

My guess is Pitts goes in the late 5th and I dunno if I want to take the risk that I’d miss out on him.  Draft order is decided AFTER keepers are selected so id try to get a pick as early as possible so Pitts would require a late 4th for me. 

@Paradis sorry to pester but just circling back to this so I can start finalizing my draft strategy.  

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis sorry to pester but just circling back to this so I can start finalizing my draft strategy.  

Sorry dude, missed this....

I would let him go and scoop him up later then -- assuming you have a reasonably good choice at WR or RB. I don't like letting him go in any format - but when you consider it's 1 keeper (meaning that people will still place a premium on RB/WR early), the QB situation in ATL is blagh, and you can likely still snag Pitts and re-evaluate whether you want to let him go next offseason. 

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would let him go and scoop him up later then -- assuming you have a reasonably good choice at WR or RB. I don't like letting him go in any format - but when you consider it's 1 keeper (meaning that people will still place a premium on RB/WR early), the QB situation in ATL is blagh, and you can likely still snag Pitts and re-evaluate whether you want to let him go next offseason. 

Sounds like a good plan.  I think I can grab him in Round 5 potentially, depending on where my pick slot ends up.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, Paradis said:

On 8/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds like a good plan.  I think I can grab him in Round 5 potentially, depending on where my pick slot ends up.  

@Paradis Pitts' ADP is sneaking up and I'm getting spooked.  I think I'll go ahead and keep him for that 4th.  I think that's the round he ends up getting taken now so I don't want to take the risk of leaving it up to my pick slot.  

Still time to reevaluate over the next few days so I'm not making it official yet, but I'm leaning in that direction.

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis Pitts' ADP is sneaking up and I'm getting spooked.  I think I'll go ahead and keep him for that 4th.  I think that's the round he ends up getting taken now so I don't want to take the risk of leaving it up to my pick slot.  

Still time to reevaluate over the next few days so I'm not making it official yet, but I'm leaning in that direction.

Guess i'm ignorant to how your keeper system works. That 52 yard bomb was heard around the world. He lined up outside... i've got him secured in every league imaginable - so i'm speaking from a spot of security lolol

If your keeper has more than 2 keepers, then yea, he needs to be claimed.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Guess i'm ignorant to how your keeper system works. That 52 yard bomb was heard around the world. He lined up outside... i've got him secured in every league imaginable - so i'm speaking from a spot of security lolol

If your keeper has more than 2 keepers, then yea, he needs to be claimed.

It's 1 keeper.  I'm just worried that if I don't keep him, someone else will snag him before I can on draft day.