Jump to content

How did I do?


Recommended Posts

Had my money league draft last night.  10 team, 0.5 point PPR, each team selects 1 keeper. 

We decided to add an IR spot and 2 extra bench spots this year to play it safe, hence why it was 18 rounds instead of the traditional 16.

 

Position Player Team Round Pick
RB Christian McCaffrey CAR 1 1
WR Michael Thomas (KEEPER) NO 2 20
TE George Kittle SF 3 21
WR Odell Beckham CLE 4 40
RB Melvin Gordon DEN 5 41
QB Kyler Murray ARI 6 60
RB Raheem Mostert SF 7 61
RB J.K. Dobbins BAL 8 80
RB Jordan Howard*  MIA 9 81
WR Deebo Samuel SF 10 100
WR Diontae Johnson PIT 11 101
RB Ryquell Armstead*  JAC 12 120
WR Preston Williams MIA 13 121
RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn*  TB 14 140
TE Noah Fant DEN 15 141
D/ST Patriots D/ST NE 16 160
K Wil Lutz NO 17 161
WR Anthony Miller*  CHI 18 180

 

* Replaced post draft with RB James Robinson, RB Joshua Kelley, RB Damien Harris and RB Darrel Williams

 

Current Roster (as of Oct 12)

QB:  Kyler Murray

RB:  Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Robinson, Damien Harris, Joshua Kelley, J.K. Dobbins, Malcolm Brown

WR:  Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Odell Beckham, Diontae Johnson, Deebo Samuel, Marvin Jones

TE:  George Kittle, Noah Fant

D/ST:  Colts

K:  Wil Lutz

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ahh. I guess if you tie it to round that impacts decisions. That’s not the case for the league I’m in. 

Yep.  The rule we agreed to was you give up the pick you used for the player.  However, if the player was later than a 4th rounder, you give up a 4th rounder regardless.  No 10th rounder for Lamar Jackson, for instance.  It was a 4th for him.  

I seriously considered a 4th for Jacobs rather than a 2nd for Michael Thomas.  But with how often RBs get hurt, in the end I decided to go with the safer choice in Thomas.  It worked out very well for me, I think. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’d be lying if I said I could give you more than a C+ 

Also, 10 team league or not, how the hell did he end up at 20?

Yes, 10-team.  Michael Thomas was my Rd 2 keeper.

Would my grade go up if I told you I picked up James Robinson post-draft?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

thats one banged up roster

Yeah.  The Saquon Barkley owner is in worse shape because he's out the full season, but I have the most injuries of any team by far.  All of my top 3 picks, and 4 of my top 7, are injured.  lol.  

But I should be in good shape in the long run.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still racked by injuries, and with the uncertainty over that Steelers game impacting Diontae Johnson, I've opted to start both of my TE's this week:  Kittle and Fant.   

I'd love to be able to deploy Jeff Wilson, who I picked up this week, but with Jerick McKinnon healthy and the Eagles run D pretty good, I can't pull the trigger on that.  

The team I'm facing is loaded.  Zeke, Aaron Jones, Calvin Ridley, Josh Allen, Kelce, Robert Woods, Bucs D.

I'm gonna get destroyed.  Ugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded Raheem Mostert straight up for Adam Thielen today.  That leaves me with a shortage of quality RB's until McCaffrey comes back, but I couldn't pass up that kind of value.  

Hopefully one of the "lottery ticket" type RBs on my team (like Dobbins, Joshua Kelley or Damien Harris) emerges as a guy I can start with confidence in the next few weeks.  Otherwise it'll be Melvin Gordon and James Robinson holding it down for me there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

@Paradis and @RoadFan I need some fantasy guidance from you two.

As I mentioned, briefly, earlier in this thread, my money league allows us to keep 1 player next year.  My choices are as follows:

1.  Keep Christian McCaffrey for a 1st round pick.

2.  Keep James Robinson for a 4th round pick.

3.  Keep no one, and instead use all of my picks like a regular re-draft. 
 

I will need to make a call on this prior to finding out my pick slot, which will be established on draft day. 

I am going to you two only on this for advice since you found Robinson for me.  No one else will understand my current dilemma like you both.

With the Jags taking Etiene, I am unsure how that impacts his value except it can only go down.  Just not sure if it’s a slight ding, a major blow, or somewhere in between. My initial thought is it’s not a huge deal, as most teams have 2 backs and Etienne will keep Robinson fresh. But that kind of investment in Etienne, plus Urban Meyer’s presence...it’s still scary for Robinson’s future workload. 

If you say I should keep Robinson, I will. If you choose door 1 or 3, that will carry much weight in my thought process as well. 

I have time on this, of course, but wanted to get this out there early while it was fresh on my mind.  Thanks fellas!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis and @RoadFan I need some fantasy guidance from you two.

As I mentioned, briefly, earlier in this thread, my money league allows us to keep 1 player next year.  My choices are as follows:

1.  Keep Christian McCaffrey for a 1st round pick.

2.  Keep James Robinson for a 4th round pick.

3.  Keep no one, and instead use all of my picks like a regular re-draft. 
 

I will need to make a call on this prior to finding out my pick slot, which will be established on draft day. 

I am going to you two only on this for advice since you found Robinson for me.  No one else will understand my current dilemma like you both.

With the Jags taking Etiene, I am unsure how that impacts his value except it can only go down.  Just not sure if it’s a slight ding, a major blow, or somewhere in between. My initial thought is it’s not a huge deal, as most teams have 2 backs and Etienne will keep Robinson fresh. But that kind of investment in Etienne, plus Urban Meyer’s presence...it’s still scary for Robinson’s future workload. 

If you say I should keep Robinson, I will. If you choose door 1 or 3, that will carry much weight in my thought process as well. 

I have time on this, of course, but wanted to get this out there early while it was fresh on my mind.  Thanks fellas!

If it were me, I keep McCaffrey.

I find the Etienne pick to be extraordinarily strange.  I have serious doubts about Urban Meyer.  We already know Schittenheimer is a turd.

I think you'll be able to redraft Robinson at a far better value than a 4th.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If it were me, I keep McCaffrey.

I find the Etienne pick to be extraordinarily strange.  I have serious doubts about Urban Meyer.  We already know Schittenheimer is a turd.

I think you'll be able to redraft Robinson at a far better value than a 4th.

Thanks!  Oh, and I assume you think CMC’s productivity won’t be destroyed by Darnold’s presence?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s tough man. I honestly don’t know if Cmac plays 16 games in a season again. He fits the classic mold of a player who’s been overused (Stanford + Carolina) 400+ touch seasons... he’s gonna blew a tire. 

On the other hand - total gamble on what the hell happens in Jacksonville. Who knows with Urban and company. Shotty will lean on talent

cmac?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks!  Oh, and I assume you think CMC’s productivity won’t be destroyed by Darnold’s presence?  

One more note.  The Falcons offense is going to score a lot of points.  Mike Davis has basically no competition in that backfield.  He has the opportunity, skill set, relatively low mileage, and durability for a very big season.

The hype machine will unfortunately ramp up on him, but believe it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...