Saints open to trading Kamara - any interest?

predator_05

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What we have learned the last few years is that RBs don't matter. (see the Chiefs winning with Damian Williams) 

What we have also learned is that no matter what the data tells us, teams will still waste draft/cap capital on RBs (see the Chiefs with Edwards-Helaire). 

He's the perfect modern day RB. Great pass catcher, lines up in multiple spots and creates mismatches. 

I'm guessing the Saints know something that others don't. He played last season with a torn MCL. Wouldn't surprise me if that's a factor in these negotiations. 

Remember, these guys traded Jimmy Graham for a lineman, and that was when he was one of the best TEs in the league. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Never mind. Unreasonable salary demands. 

It's like David Johnson and Todd Gurley never happened...

Kamara, when healthy is an absolute weapon and a top-5 RB in the NFL.  But so were Gurley and Johnson.  And RBs (other than Frank Gore) do not have a long shelf life.  Sad but true.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I'd say BB is trying to find a way to get Fournette and Kamara in NE.

Harris can run laps around Fournette. A healthy Michel too. 

kamara might be the most over valued RB since... Bell? He had meh year last year and staves off injuries too often it seems. 

You don't give up resources for an RB that will want to be paid north of $15MM per year.  Great player when healthy, but no.  Draft RBs.  Pick one in R2-R4 every year or two.  Use them on rookie contracts, let someone else sign them to 2nd contracts for big bucks.  And get a comp pick when they leave, so you can pick the next one.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

You don't give up resources for an RB that will want to be paid north of $15MM per year.  Great player when healthy, but no.  Draft WRs.  Pick one in R2-R4 every year or two.  Use them on rookie contracts, let someone else sign them to 2nd contracts for big bucks.  And get a comp pick when they leave, so you can pick the next one.

Exactly my philosophy on running backs.  Draft them, use them up, and draft some more.  Paying RBs rarely, if ever works out.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2