WR radar

Integrity28

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

DaeSean Hamilton potentially on the block in Denver

No doubt.   The really disappointing aspect of looking to see who these teams are going to cut is the realization of just how deep some of these teams are at the skill positions.  We’re looking at two teams in Arizona and Denver who just drafted their QBs last year, and what did they do?  Loaded up on talent to put around them.  Sam is in year 3 and he is begging for scraps from other teams right now.   Sad situation.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 4

9 hours ago, RobR said:

Not far fetched but I still think Berrios is a lock because of his PR ability and those hamstrings.

Agreed. I think they'd keep Berrios over Hogan, even, if they were planning on picking up two or more WRs off the street. He's got a lot of value as a punt returner and as a backup in the slot. If something happened to Crowder, we'd be very, very happy to have Berrios on the team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

No doubt.   The really disappointing aspect of looking to see who these teams are going to cut is the realization of just how deep some of these teams are at the skill positions.  We’re looking at two teams in Arizona and Denver who just drafted their QBs last year, and what did they do?  Loaded up on talent to put around them.  Sam is in year 3 and he is begging for scraps from other teams right now.   Sad situation.  
There has to be a balance ... those teams suck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Not that it entirely exonerates Douglas, but this highlights what a tragedy it was to give Maccagnan one last YOLO offseason to save his ass. I’d be curious to see what Douglas could have done with those resources as it relates to helping Darnold. 50/50 he trades the third pick instead of picking Quinnen.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not that it entirely exonerates Douglas, but this highlights what a tragedy it was to give Maccagnan one last YOLO offseason to save his ass. I’d be curious to see what Douglas could have done with those resources as it relates to helping Darnold. 50/50 he trades the third pick instead of picking Quinnen.

Totally agree, I’m not placing this all at the feet of JD, mostly the ineptness of the franchise overall to recognize the need to support a highly drafted QB.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He would have drafted Allen at 3.  Tbh I’m a Mac hater and was one before it became cool but the rest of the 2019 draft was actually good and the jury is still out on QW

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Deep draft, huge need, we had the picks, bad asset management.

We only had the picks we ended up with because of Douglas' awesome trade down capabilities.  We essentially ended up with Mims + free picks.  

He used 3 of those "free picks" on a RB, a G, and a potential QB2.  That's not poor asset management.  Those were all needs.  

Let's postpone the whining until we see how all those midround WRs and our picks work out, shall we?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

With Josh Gordon returning to Seattle, it increases the chances of Phillip Dorsett not making the cut.

Jets were interested in him in FA, so they might go after him again if Seattle lets him go.

That would be a good pickup.  He's a poor man's Robby Anderson with a better career catch rate (58.5 % > 54.2 %). 

Though of course he played with Luck (when healthy) and Brady, so that obviously has to get factored in.

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

It will be interesting to see who shakes loose from Arizona.   I absolutely loved Butler coming out of Iowa State.   I would absolutely snatch him off of waivers.   You could also see Keesean Johnson get released as well, I’m not sure both get cut from Arizona, but most likely one of them does.  

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How glorious would that be if we signed him!

Yes, but only if we can get him the damn ball!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh man.  The crow people would have to eat if we landed Tyler Johnson essentially for free.....

I'd offer TB a conditional 6th rounder for him right now.  

There’s a reason he lasted till the 5th round, he was being vastly over-hyped pre draft.   I guess there’s no harm in bringing him in for a look, but I don’t think it’s some great get if he is brought in.   

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I see that as a list of teams that will be cutting starters or getting their Practice Squads poached!

#Douglasplaynchess

I know you all see this as a joke, but I agree.  The Jets needed a starter or two.  They already have guys with potential.  A 5th or 6th rounder isn't going to really solve the problem.  He's just going to be another practice squad/developmental guy.  They can actually poach those guys.  I think he probably also had a list of guys he liked and the fact that there may have been a bunch left for his final pick may have factored into it.  If he really likes Cager and a few others, it makes sense to hold out since he could end up with a good UDFA class.  This may have contributed at CB as well.  The injuries make it look like a bad philosophy, but you have to take a risk somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh man.  The crow people would have to eat if we landed Tyler Johnson essentially for free.....

I'd offer TB a conditional 6th rounder for him right now.  

That's almost as bad as us cutting a 3rd round pick last year (Polite) without ever playing a regular season game for us.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That would be a good pickup.  He's a poor man's Robby Anderson with a better career catch rate (58.5 % > 54.2 %). 

Though of course he played with Luck (when healthy) and Brady, so that obviously has to get factored in.

More like a homeless man’s Clowney.  Dorsett totally sucks 

• Upvote 1