WR radar

Integrity28

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

You don’t have to be fast to make plays.  That’s why Sanu has been in the league 10 years.  Jerry Rice ran a 4.75

Sanu was one of the least effective WRs in the league last year.

He's banged up and it has robbed him of the ability to separate.

Jerry Rice is the all-time greatest, and Sanu is a guy who just got cut by a team in desperate need of WRs.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Sanu was one of the least effective WRs in the league last year.

He's banged up and it has robbed him of the ability to separate.

Jerry Rice is the all-time greatest, and Sanu is a guy who just got cut by a team in desperate need of WRs.

Sanu is a decent possession receiver.  60 catches for 520 yards playing on 2 teams last year 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You don’t have to be fast to make plays.  That’s why Sanu has been in the league 10 years.  Jerry Rice ran a 4.75

You didn’t actually bring up rice as comparison to Sanu.  Sanu doesn’t compare to Our scrubs, never mind the GOAT

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sanu isn’t better than Hogan and Moncreif? Lol

No, he isnt.

Neither one of those players is a lock tome the team

And back to the point you made, Sanu and Rice?  Sanu has played with two productive QBs and still has done little to nothing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

There’s a reason he lasted till the 5th round, he was being vastly over-hyped pre draft.   I guess there’s no harm in bringing him in for a look, but I don’t think it’s some great get if he is brought in.   

Isn't that potentially the case for a lot of those mid/late round WRs?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

@Paradis Do you know anything about Jody Fortson? @Paradis He’s supposedly 6’5” and has looked good in camp but may get squeezed out

i confess to knowing very little beyond he was a div-II name - long shot type. A quick peek on the beat tells me he's not expected to make the make the roster but they don't think he'll clear waivers to revert to PS... 

6'6/230...?  OK, i'm listening. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They should.  This is a results-based business.  If Douglas passed on a bunch of WRs that don't work out, that should play into how people feel about the draft in hindsight.

So because Tyler Johnson might get cut, the people who wanted JD to draft multiple WRs should eat crow?  Lol...come on now.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So because Tyler Johnson might get cut, the people who wanted JD to draft multiple WRs should eat crow?  Lol...come on now.  

No.  I'm saying if a bunch of other WRs (or all of them) in the Tyler Johnson "group" don't end up working out, THAT would be a reason to eat crow.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i confess to knowing very little beyond he was a div-II name - long shot type. A quick peek on the beat tells me he's not expected to make the make the roster but they don't think he'll clear waivers to revert to PS... 

6'6/230...?  OK, i'm listening. 

I thought KC was trying to make him a TE?   I don’t think he has the speed necessary to play WR.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

There’s a reason he lasted till the 5th round, he was being vastly over-hyped pre draft.   I guess there’s no harm in bringing him in for a look, but I don’t think it’s some great get if he is brought in.   

I think Tyler had as many doubters as he did lovers. Good natural talent, zero burst and no top gear. 

Speed is everything for these roster fringe guys. Guys like Tyler, (last year Anthony Johnson) are let go while no name jobbers hang on... for what i assume is usefulness on ST where speed gets you gunner job. 

Just posted in the cuts/STB thread

Eagles waived WR Deontay Burnett.

Burnett, in his third season, started one game for Philadelphia last year after spending his rookie season with the Jets. Eagles beat writers have raved about Burnett in training camp, so it's no surprise the team wants to put the wideout on their practice squad if he clears waivers. Waiving Burnett could be a sign that Alshon Jeffrey is healthy enough to start the season for the Eagles after undergoing foot surgery during the offseason. 

I was only 1/2 kidding. I liked what I saw from him and would like to see us bring him back. I'm sure most want to hold out for a bigger name who has been more productive, but he's still young. The Eagles waiving him seems odd given they are thin at WR

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Tyler had as many doubters as he did lovers. Good natural talent, zero burst and no top gear. 

Speed must be overything for these roster fringe guys, but like Tyler, last year about of those natural gifted types like Anthony Johnson were let go too, while no name jobbers hang on... for what i assume is usefulness on ST where speed gets you gunner job. 

I agree about the speed thing.   I think unless you are just a supremely gifted and natural receiver who runs great routes, if you don’t posses the sub 4.5 speed, teams don’t want to develop you.   

Good list @Paradis  I selected Robert Davis and Stanley Morgan in their respective JN mocks.   I think Morgan provides some value on cover teams, but a fairly low ceiling.  I also think that he is Stanley Morgan Jr, but I'm pretty sure that Stanley Morgan Sr isn't Stanley Morgan, if you know what I mean.  Davis is high level athlete, but hasn't done much in his 3 years. Plenty of injury issues.