WR radar

Integrity28

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Paradis Do you know anything about Jody Fortson? @Paradis He’s supposedly 6’5” and has looked good in camp but may get squeezed out

I'm not Paradis, but I remember looking at Fortson.  His wingspan was huge.  That was something I know the Seahawks always took to, but I was picking for the Ravens that year, so I didn't look too hard.  As I recall, he was kind of a slug, but I think those small school guys (Valdosta State) aren't going to get the kind of sprint training SEC players have for their pro days. 

FWIW, here is a Giants-centric article on guys that might shake free.  They include Devin Smith, but not Chad Hansen.  https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/8/4/21354074/2020-ny-giants-roster-bubble-wide-receiver-tim-patrick-devin-smith-analysis  I have little to no interest in Hansen or Burnett because they are primarily slots with limited to no special teams value.  I think Smith was a highly regarded gunner, so he might have a Heyward Bey type long career ahead of himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not Paradis, but I remember looking at Fortson.  His wingspan was huge.  That was something I know the Seahawks always took to, but I was picking for the Ravens that year, so I didn't look too hard.  As I recall, he was kind of a slug, but I think those small school guys (Valdosta State) aren't going to get the kind of sprint training SEC players have for their pro days. 

FWIW, here is a Giants-centric article on guys that might shake free.  They include Devin Smith, but not Chad Hansen.  https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/8/4/21354074/2020-ny-giants-roster-bubble-wide-receiver-tim-patrick-devin-smith-analysis  I have little to no interest in Hansen or Burnett because they are primarily slots with limited to no special teams value.  I think Smith was a highly regarded gunner, so he might have a Heyward Bey type long career ahead of himself.

I was literally typing a post asking you about him but I stopped halfway to look up his name lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was literally typing a post asking you about him but I stopped halfway to look up his name lol

I think he is really 6'4" not 6'6" but his wingspan is 83".   The only guy I remember being that big was Billy Brown a TE from Shepherd a few years back that got into a couple of camps.  I think Metcalf. Boykin and  Keenen Brown, a TE prospect from Texas State were the only guys in the past 2 years I remember being within an inch of him.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If a guy like Butler (I don't like him as much as others) gets cut, is he subject to waivers?  Is everyone cut this weekend subject to waivers?

I think everybody that is not a vested vet is subject to waivers.  If they have four or more years of service time they become immediate free agents.  Guys like Coutee and Butler would be subject to waivers.

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, Paradis said:

Ok lets try that again -- 1 WR from every team to target who may find themselves available. 

• BUF - Robert Foster (BUF)... ex-Bama UDFA who came out of nowhere in his rookie year, but mysteriously fell out of favor in yr 2. 
  • NE - no one. dumpster fire at WR
  • MIA - no one, roster is decimated.
  • NYJ - lol
  •  
  • BAL -  Jaleel Scott.... more of errant dart throw on talent. More likely a PS candidate for 2021 TC
  • CIN - Stanley Morgan.... priority target IMO. high on talent, from Nebraska - made some plays in 2019. Odd man out 
  • CLE - Taywan Taylor... health has been an issue, but he's got talent mileage to offer.
  • PIT - Anthony Johnson... former Buffalo Bull standout is inexplicably on his 3rd team in 12 months 
  •  
  • HOU - K. Coutee for obvious reasons, but i think he'll have suitors lined up. Chad Hansen is looking sexy tho.
  • IND - nope
  • JAX - Keelan Cole - get him! FFS just get him!! 
  • TEN - no. nope.
  •  
  • DEN - Desean Hamilton could be had for a 6th, and he should be... Joe.
  • LVR - Keelan Doss... don't argue with me. Just get him. 
  • KC - no depth looking at
  • LAC - former Buckeye KJ Hill if the gods are feeling generous.
  •  
  • DAL - nerp
  • PHI... Robert Davis is an interesting name, and will likely be cut. If healthy - yes please.
  • WSH - ahhhhh no.
  • NYG - x2
  •  
  • CHI - fck you CHI... Give me Javon Wims. Or Riley Ridley. Or even Alex Wesley... stop hogging the draft darlings
  • DET - has like 3 wrs on the roster.
  • GB - Seriously consider a late pick for EQ St. Brown... like for real. 6'4, great profile, a true X downfield guy to shore up Mims
  • MIN - gross
  •  
  • ATL - What have you bastards done to Justin Hardy
  • CAR - as others have said, Curtis Samuel is need of a fresh start, is perfect for Gase's anemic dink and dunk offense
  • NOS - Cross your fingers, and testicles - if the Saints cut Emmanuel Butler, and Joe wants to impress me. Boom. 
  •  TB - Tampa No
  •  
  • ARZ - I guess H Butler, but it's not looking good. 
  • LAR - I like Josh Reynolds, but you'd be looking at a mid round pick to pry him out, no thanks
  • SF - obviously no
  • SEA - i just want to know why. Why no Jazz Ferguson. Good camp. Good preseason. gone. 

How many times during the draft zoom party did I talk about KJ Hill in the late rounds? no idea how he's done during camp, but his route running was really nice.  Only issue is he's basically a great slot guy and we have a good one in crowder and a guy i was high on coming out in Berrios. 

Feel you on keelan cole and Doss though.  Too bad Hurd messed up his knee, would be interesting to see what happened with him in San Fran. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Official: AZ waives Hakeem Butler

5 hours ago, Stark said:

Get that claim in JD. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He seems to me to be a bit of a Lawrence Cager clone in some ways but absolutely worth a look.

hakeem-butler-ras-19878.png?resize=806,5

The Hakeem dream is dead.

I know he had his fans here, but talk about a dark look, not even a 2nd season? 1 year on IR? 

That's ArDarius Stewart level suck right there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

How many times during the draft zoom party did I talk about KJ Hill in the late rounds? no idea how he's done during camp, but his route running was really nice.  Only issue is he's basically a great slot guy and we have a good one in crowder and a guy i was high on coming out in Berrios. 

Feel you on keelan cole and Doss though.  Too bad Hurd messed up his knee, would be interesting to see what happened with him in San Fran. 

KJ Hill shoulda got more love. I spent a little of time after he impressed at the Reese SB, and yea, he's got moves. A gift in the 7th or whenever LAC drafted him... Hard to see the Chargers cutting him. 

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

KJ Hill shoulda got more love. I spent a little of time after he impressed at the Reese SB, and yea, he's got moves. A gift in the 7th or whenever LAC drafted him... Hard to see the Chargers cutting him. 

yea, I mean you knew the body of work at Ohio state so that was the first step for me, but what I saw him do route wise at the SB was what sold me.  When your breaks are that crisp, youll have a shot in the league definitely. 

I agree, I believe he's been running with the 2s at camp, and prob getting first team reps with Williams banged up. Id be very surprised if he's cut. 

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I know he had his fans here, but talk about a dark look, not even a 2nd season? 1 year on IR? 

I was probably his biggest cheerleader.  I think he still has value, he’s just not a fit with what Kingbury likes to do with his receivers and missing all of last year he was out of sight, out of mind in Arizona.  He’ll get picked up by someone and put on a practice squad most likely.  

• Upvote 1

At this point isnt it more valuable to have a guy like Chesson who knows the playbook and has at least some chemistry with Sam and the rest of the offense then it is to bring in someone like Butler who is gonna need at least a few weeks to get acclimated?

Just now, BCJet said:

At this point isnt it more valuable to have a guy like Chesson who knows the playbook and has at least some chemistry with Sam and the rest of the offense then it is to bring in someone like Butler who is gonna need at least a few weeks to get acclimated?

You’re not wrong.   Given the injuries the Jets have at the position, and the fact that Mims isn’t close being ready for prime time, it would be best served to bring in a more experienced player.   If everyone was healthy and you had a deeper group you could take a chance on a guy like Butler and see what he can do.  

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

You could be right. But since we are hanging our hopes on Perriman I’m fine putting a claim on him. I don’t keep up with anything from AZ so I don’t know what the issue is/was there. I thought the reports were he was doing decent before the injury last year. 

WR. Jake Kumerow released by Packers

WR, Trey Quinn released by Washington

WR, Jeff Thomas released by Patriots

I'd at least bring Kumerow in for a workout. Every year he's been in Green Bay he's generated pre-season buzz. Worth a look.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

You could be right. But since we are hanging our hopes on Perriman I’m fine putting a claim on him. I don’t keep up with anything from AZ so I don’t know what the issue is/was there. I thought the reports were he was doing decent before the injury last year. 

He was. That said, the league can get ahead of a player pretty quick when they miss a year. 

• Upvote 2