How long before owners are gone?

22 minutes ago, OverByTheBye said:

Would there be much possibility the Jets have new owners anytime soon?

From a blissfully unaware fan in Scotland.

Not unless there are multiple eye witness testimonies and clear video evidence direct from Old Blighty of the US ambassador to the UK acting in a way that he and his brother insist he has not.

JohnnyEnglish.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, OverByTheBye said:

Having a NFL team is a like having a license to print money.

The Johnsons are not going away any time soon.

• Upvote 2

I think there's a pretty good chance you won't ever see Woody back in the role he was. I think it's pretty obvious that Christopher Johnson has done a much better job.

I think they have read their own press clippings and you won't see any more Brett Favre or Tim Tebow Splash moves.

Also I know Jets fans are very used to complaining about everything, but everything in the last year and a half has been changed from the top down. I mean everything!

Christopher Johnson, the president, the GM, the head coach, the entire coaching staff, the assistant GM, the pro and college scouting director, all of the scouts, just about everybody involved with media, security, public relations, contracts, concessions, and right down to the trainers.lol

There is literally nobody left here from 2 years ago except for the clown who does the interviews on the team website.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Very few people can own nfl teams, nfl teams make a ton of money and are worth billions, most of these guys are already rich so they like the idea of a high end 'toy'

In most cases either an owner has to die or do something really bad and be forced to sell.

Even that doesn't work. Dan Snyder isn't selling anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Very few people can own nfl teams, nfl teams make a ton of money and are worth billions, most of these guys are already rich so they like the idea of a high end 'toy'

In most cases either an owner has to die or do something really bad and be forced to sell.

The Johnsons will not sell any time soon.

As for being owners, I have no issue with them spending money or wanting to win.  If they did one thing to the orgnaization they would in fact be good owners.

If they hired a smart president of football operation (a guy like mike shanahan for instance) and stepped back and had the organization look like this:

Coach reports to the GM

GM reports to the President

President reports to the owner.

Mike Shanahan sucks.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike Shanahan sucks.

Perhaps, but simply pick a long time NFL guy past the point of wanting to coach you favour to run a team as opposed to Woody and Chris choosing the two most important people on a teams front office, the gm an the coach on the phone call of an ex player or charlie casserly or korn ferry.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Perhaps, but simply pick a long time NFL guy past the point of wanting to coach you favour to run a team as opposed to Woody and Chris choosing the two most important people on a teams front office, the gm an the coach on the phone call of an ex player or charlie casserly or korn ferry.

How about Joe Douglas?  Crazy thought, I know.

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How about Joe Douglas?  Crazy thought, I know.

Joe Douglas is the 1st good looking hire we have had for years, for every joe douglas we have had an idzik or mccganan.

Also Adam Gase can stab douglas in the back any time he wants since he has the exact same power as douglas.

If you are fine with Gase and Douglas being on the exact same footing an having the johnson brothers running it all more power to you.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas is the 1st good looking hire we have had for years, for every joe douglas we have had an idzik or mccganan.

Also Adam Gase can stab douglas in the back any time he wants since he has the exact same power as douglas.

If you are fine with Gase and Douglas being on the exact same footing an having the johnson brothers running it all more power to you.

No I am saying I think Joe Douglas should be named VP of some sort, and should have complete say over the next HC hire.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, OverByTheBye said:

If you were aware of current events you’d know that Christopher Johnson has been doing a great job and executing a rebuild in record time.  

Instead, you’re trolling. Not good. 

SAR I

I really have no issue with Christopher Johnson. He has written the checks, been supportive or everyone, and stayed out of the way. The issue is that they haven’t found the right football people to run the day to day....hopefully JD fixes that. I am bullish on our owners.

7 hours ago, Titan24 said:

Exactly.....

however I’ll never understand some of these billionaires why stay around here?  Go to Aruba,  get off the grid....

Woody wants to be a famous important guy.  No one is going to be famous and important in Podunkland or the Carribean. Crazy thing is if he sold the jets to a competent owner he would make $2 billion profit — by far the greatest business deal of his life.  But he has to stick around and tolerate suckage

• Haha 1