Newest Manish Hit Piece

kdels62

The other beat writers are outwardly knocking Manish’s storylines now.

The ‘CJ cut JD’s budget’ and ‘Gase hates meetings’ stories are getting crushed down. Couple that with Manish’s lost credentials and it’s hard to see how this guy still has a job... insane

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Very well done. Honest, forthright and informative. Opinions, but not from a preconceived agenda standpoint.

Yeah I like what he said about camp. Said the story about virtual meetings is insane but wasn't the 2nd most insane thing he has hear. With the story about ownership handcuffing Joe Douglas being first. Gives real good information about that. He is fair, admits that CJ is flawed and has made some bad moves.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

It's all about the DN. Cimini was our most hated reporter when he worked there, since he's left fans are much more receptive to his articles. Manish was well-liked when he first hit the scene because he wasn't as negative as Cimini had been, but he's since gone ridiculously over the top. The DN is the common denominator, and this McDonald dude is probably the next man up for them. 

Mehta was a totally different reporter when he worked for the Newark Star-Ledger.  100% different.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marshmello said:

Connor Hughes pretty much going in on Manish

https://youtu.be/tYlkcEJafDs?t=135

He also completely nullifies the idea that Christopher Johnson is cheap, saying it's one of the most absurd things he's ever heard in his life, lol.  He also says the Jets felt Jack Conklin was not worth $15M a year (and rightly so), and that next year's FA class will be the time to strike.

Not a great day for the collective credibility of @bitonti, @AFJF or @FidelioJet.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mehta was a totally different reporter when he worked for the Newark Star-Ledger.  100% different.

He was good when he started for sure. Somewhere along the lines he switched over and decided to play the villian

I think Bar Stool should hire him, perfect fit.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also completely nullifies the idea that Christopher Johnson is cheap, saying it's one of the most absurd things he's ever heard in his life, lol.  He also says the Jets felt Jack Conklin was not worth $15M a year (and rightly so), and that next year's FA class will be the time to strike.

Not a great day for the collective credibility of @bitonti, @AFJF or @FidelioJet.

Or...

1) Connor Hughes is now afraid of getting his credentials pulled, he'll say whatever it takes.  Can't question the Gase anymore or your gone.

2) They can say that about Conklin but then tell me George Fant is worth $10mm? Please! 

That's just all cover for the organization.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, kdels62 said:

Manish wrote a hit piece which I won’t link. In the piece he claims that Adam Gase did not fight to get in- person meetings with his players throughout camp. Manish cites anonymous sources claiming there are 2 reason for this. 

1) Ownership did not want to change the layout at 1 Jets Drive since the arrangements would cost around $1 million dollars in order to be compliant with regulations. 

2) Gase doesn’t care about having meetings and would rather not speak to players or coaches. 

This led to Gase being asked questions about the set up the Jets employed during training camp. Gase stated that Jets rented out an entire hotel for their players for the last month. That their team plan was to create a dorm room for the players to live in and build relationships. Gase also stated that the when their roster is trimmed they will begin with in-person meetings. 
All of this then lead to pointed tweets from Jets beat writers clearly aimed at Manish.

In conclusion, Gase hates Manish, the beat writers hate Manish, Manish does not have credentials.

And add one more conclusion that would have already been apparent to anyone with some knowledge about Gase and his past performance and interpersonal relationship skills

Gase is a horrible coach

Gase is not a likable personality. 

• Thumb Down 3

It's ridiculous that we are less than a week away from opening day and Jets fans are okay with looking at the bounty of the 2021 free agency period next March

There's a whole season to live through. Let's see if the pessimists are wrong. Connor Hughes saying it's a great plan and the Johnsons are actually super spendy doesn't prove anything.

He's the company man who gets where he is by praising the company. Give him another two decades on this beat and Connor Hughes becomes rich cimini

Not a great day for the collective credibility of [mention=5358]bitonti[/mention], [mention=5388]AFJF[/mention] or [mention=28455]FidelioJet[/mention].

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, bitonti said:

It's ridiculous that we are less than a week away from opening day and Jets fans are okay with looking at the bounty of the 2021 free agency period next March

There's a whole season to live through. Let's see if the pessimists are wrong. Connor Hughes saying it's a great plan and the Johnsons are actually super spendy doesn't prove anything.

He's the company man who gets where he is by praising the company. Give him another two decades on this beat and Connor Hughes becomes rich cimini

Gase sucks.  FACT

Wood has made mistake after mistake.  FACT

Woody is not cheap.  He will and does spend $$$ FACT

None of us need Manish to state facts or obfuscate them

• Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Gase sucks.  FACT

Wood has made mistake after mistake.  FACT

Woody is not cheap.  He will and does spend $$$ FACT

None of us need Manish to state facts or obfuscate them

your statement 3 conflicts with your statement 1

there's a reason why this team is run by Adam Gase and Todd Bowles 

you get what you pay for 

coaches salaries are secret but there's a list of about 8 guys over 10 mil per year. the Belly, Andy Reids of the world. There's a tier down the Tomlins and Matt Rhules at 7-8 mil and there's minimum HC money at 3-4 mil 

Of course Todd Bowles is not a HC. Of course Gase is a moron, somehow a worse offensive coach than Kotite

Joe douglas is a real GM. But they haven't paid for a HC in a long time  

it's like buying a Kia and wondering why it's not a Tesla 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Or...

1) Connor Hughes is now afraid of getting his credentials pulled, he'll say whatever it takes.  Can't question the Gase anymore or your gone.

2) They can say that about Conklin but then tell me George Fant is worth $10mm? Please! 

That's just all cover for the organization.

Who pulled his credentials, the NFL or the Jets? If the NFL, the writers can say whatever they want.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Thats because most fans understand that theres nothing that could have been done so are looking to next FA and draft. The team lacks talent from a decade of bad drafting. Throwing money around at average players in one single FA period would not have helped. Maybe would have brought up from 6-10 to 7-9? There is no magic wand. A lot of people made a lot of bad decisions to get us to this point and it will take time. And yes its been 10 years of garbage but that has nothing to do with JD. Its not his responsibility to step in and empty our cap space on mid tier FAs to make the fans happy. Thats what Maccacgnan did and he stunk. His job is to build a long term winner

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You are unwell and I hope you get help.  I said he has (now had) sources.  I was right.  It made you sad.  Move on.

You are unwell and I hope you get help.  I said he has (now had) sources.  I was right.  It made you sad.  Move on.

We are all unwell for rooting for this franchise. But hitching your wagon to Manish and not being able to take a joke about it is just straight looney tunes, buddy.  

You don’t get your credentials taken away by being a quality journalist. Whatever you were “right” about doesn’t justify your undying loyalty to the guy. Truly strange stuff.

I wish you and your special friend well.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

He was good when he started for sure. Somewhere along the lines he switched over and decided to play the villian

I think Bar Stool should hire him, perfect fit.

It really is hard to remember the days when we openly wished that Manish would take over the NYDNs gig from Cimini.  Manish always was the fair, unbiased voice in the room.  

Have to think the NYDNs is a big part of the problem.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Because 1 year $10 mil is the same as $20 mil?  Do you not see a difference?

A $42 mil deal?  $30 mil guaranteed?  

For someone injured in 18, not the same in 19.  

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We are all unwell for rooting for this franchise. But hitching your wagon to Manish and not being able to take a joke about it is just straight looney tunes, buddy.  

You don’t get your credentials taken away by being a quality journalist. Whatever you were “right” about doesn’t justify your undying loyalty to the guy. Truly strange stuff.

I wish you and your special friend well.

I didn't hitch any wagons to anyone.  I said he had sources inside the building.  That was the beginning, middle and end of my point.  Because people are insane, they interpreted my "Manish has sources" comment to mean "Manish is god himself".   It's as if sports has become politics.  If you aren't wishing death on somebody, it must mean you love everything about that person. 

I was right about him having sources.

Manish lost his credentials. 

One has nothing to do with the other.

Edited by AFJF

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because 1 year $10 mil is the same as $20 mil?  Do you not see a difference?

A $42 mil deal?  $30 mil guaranteed?  

For someone injured in 18, not the same in 19.  

The way is see it.  Having a good player for multiple years is a good thing.  

having a bad player for one year, not so good.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The way is see it.  Having a good player for multiple years is a good thing.  

having a bad player for one year, not so good.  

But you brought up money.  You made it sound like it was a choice of Fant at $10 mil or Conklin for $15.  

Not even close to being the truth.  For one Conklin costs double for 2020 at $20 mil, not even close.  Then its $45 mil, $30 guaranteed.  For a player who was injured in 2018 and not close to worth that kind of money in 2019. 

We have no clue what kind of player Fant will be in 2020.  I'll leave it to JD for now.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But you brought up money.  You made it sound like it was a choice of Fant at $10 mil or Conklin for $15.  

Not even close to being the truth.  For one Conklin costs double for 2020 at $20 mil, not even close.  Then its $45 mil, $30 guaranteed.  For a player who was injured in 2018 and not close to worth that kind of money in 2019. 

We have no clue what kind of player Fant will be in 2020.  I'll leave it to JD for now.

Conklin is a good player - you need good players to win.  Good players want to get paid.  That's the way the league works.  

Signing bad players on one year deals, for less money, is not how you win games.

Stop with the injuries - he missed 7 games two years ago.  So of the 64 games that he's been a pro - he's started in 57 of them.  He is by no means injury prone - it's absurd you keep stating that ridiculous untruth.

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Conklin is a good player - you need good players to win.  Good players want to get paid.  That's the way the league works.  

Signing bad players on one year deals, for less money, is not how you win games.

Stop with the injuries - he missed 7 games two years ago.  So of the 64 games that he's been a pro - he's started in 57 of them.  He is by no means injury prone - it's absurd you keep stating that ridiculous untruth.

Sorry, he wasn't that good last season.  I gave him the rehab excuse, he just wasn't a $20 mil player, not a $30 mil min investment.  

Did I say he was injury prone or did I say he was injured in 2018?  He wasn't?  We know the answers to each question.  Who's being absurd.

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

I didn't hitch any wagons to anyone.  I said he had sources inside the building.  That was the beginning, middle and end of my point.  Because people are insane, they interpreted my "Manish has sources" comment to mean "Manish is god himself".   It's as if sports has become politics.  If you aren't wishing death on somebody, it must mean you love everything about that person. 

I was right about him having sources.

Manish lost his credentials. 

One has nothing to do with the other.

This is a relief.

I will chalk up to coincidence the writing style of:

1. Forming a personal opinion of a subject.

2. Then creating a false narrative in order to support that personal opinion.

3. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Upvote 1