Season Prediction thread

EM31

Put your predictions here for the 2020 campaign  

89 members have voted

1. 1. In 2020 the NY Jets will end up with....?

• Four or fewer wins - We will be in the race for Trevor Lawrence (or the haul of picks that the #1 overall would bring)
    • 5-7 Wins - The same limbo we seem to have been in forever
    • 8-9 Wins - Mathematically in the playoff picture until the end. Overall team is on an upswing but still more to do
    • 10-11 Wins - Playoff football baby!
    • 12+ Wins - AFC East winners. Max receives reports of Jetsnation posters going over to New England to pee on the grave of the Patriots losers
    • Other - The season gets curtailed in some form or fashion
    • Jets go 0-16, Cheats face Brady in Super Bowl, then everyone dies
  2. 2. If you think that we will have four or fewer wins.....

• Gase gets fired after the 2020 season
    • Gase stays at least through the 2021 season.

Time for posters to put on their Nostradamus hats and tell us what our NY jets will do this year.

Personally I think we will be s borderline playoff team and many on this board will spend the last few weeks understanding the remaining match ups and NFL tiebreaker rules.

9 wins.

• Sympathy 1

8-9 wins. Darnold takes a step forward but has a few hiccups. Defense stays roughly at par with last year, but facing some tough offenses takes its toll. National media led by Manish and Cimini take a victory lap because the defense now sucks without Adams. The standard take becomes; jets regressed, even with improved record.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I didn’t see the “ crush our souls” option. 

I call bullsh!t

You are a moderator and therefore all powerful and wise (anyone buying this?).  If you truly feel that the poll is incomplete in some fashion you could have edited it directly to correct the problem.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I call bullsh!t

You are a moderator and therefore all powerful and wise (anyone buying this?).  If you truly feel that the poll is incomplete in some fashion you could have edited it directly to correct the problem.

Honestly I never read the actual choices you gave before guessing the correct option wasn’t there. Thanks for confirming my suspicion. 

18 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I call bullsh!t

Taken care of. 

2020 New York Jets 12-4

2020 Division Champs - first since 2002.

Half the Jets wins (6) come from AFC EAST for the sweep.

Adam Gase gets in the coach of the year discussion.

Sam Darnold earns a trip to the Pro Bowl with 3 other Jets: Mekhi Becton, Chris Herndon, and Quinnen Williams.

Jets host first playoff game since January 3rd, 2003 during the opening Wild Card weekend of the 2002 NFL Playoffs. That was the game the Jets massacred Peyton Manning's Colts 41-0.

No fans will be in attendance for the Jets first home playoff game in 18 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

jetschamps.jpg

10-6 AFC East Champions.

Every year there's a team that's overlooked whose QB plays above his paygrade and whose HC is better than people thought.  This year, that's us.

Bills grossly overrated, Patriots pesky but crippled, Dolphins rebuilding.  Jets get a break with the early part of the schedule, 49ers (11AM after not traveling at all in the preseason), Broncos (Thursday Night Football) and Cards (11AM and back to back trips East for them).  Middle of schedule is soft.  End with Browns and Pats.  Clinch division in Foxboro, quite delicious.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm not optimistic. A lot of turnover with a lot of unproven players and no preseason to see them in live action situations. Their top three picks will all have prominent roles this season. Gonna be some serious growing pains, and probably some personnel shuffling over the first quarter/half of the year. This isn't a new position for me, my hope is that Darnold and the team have another strong finish, one that sets them up well to build upon for 2021, but I'm not expecting a lot of wins or huge statistical gains. 

• Upvote 3

I've been on the 7-9 boat for awhile, and although that was our record last year I think we will feel better about the direction of the team after this season.  I expect the young players to make a difference, see moderate improvement from Darnold, and an Oline that is not in shambles.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I think it will be a 5-11/6-10 type season. The defense will be decent (top 15) and the offense will be bottom 5 again. 

Gase will be fired and the Jets will try to find a CEO type coach in the mold of 2020 COTY Joseph Judge. 

Improved offensive line, Sam presumably with immunity to another bout with Mono, and in year-3.  Healthier TE group.... I am just not sure how that translates into bottom 5 again for the offense unless you are in the "Sam sucks" camp.  I know the WRs are a huge question but depending on how things shake out they could be anywhere from no change or a little worse all the way up to much better depending on Mims.  Since we were not very good in the WR department last year anyway I do not see how uncertainly at the WR position offsets the other things which should be improvements for the offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I voted 10 wins, but I think we might go 10-6 or 9-7 and win the division., The funny thing about hard schedules is that everyone in our division has it too, and Buffalo and NE have harder schedules. With Cam instead of Deflator, injuries and opt outs NE being formidable is very iffy. If they are then Belicheat is an even better coach than we think. We just need to take care of business in our division and all will fall into place. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not optimistic. A lot of turnover with a lot of unproven players and no preseason to see them in live action situations. Their top three picks will all have prominent roles this season. Gonna be some serious growing pains, and probably some personnel shuffling over the first quarter/half of the year. This isn't a new position for me, my hope is that Darnold and the team have another strong finish, one that sets them up well to build upon for 2021, but I'm not expecting a lot of wins or huge statistical gains. 

I tend to think the same as you outlined.  A brand new OL plus a shortened preseason (with no games) sounds like a recipe for early struggles.  I do think Sam takes a step forward and I'm optimistic that our team will improve as the season progresses (assuming no Covid-related craziness).  Our schedule definitely seems more difficult than last year (though I guess it'll be tough to say considering there won't be fans in opposing stadiums -  or very few).  It's also incredibly bizarre that we're playing the Dolphins twice in a row (with a bye week in between games).  Has that ever happened before in regular season? 

image.thumb.png.f3632127fc8e1e9aaff4dcb8c54e6fb3.png