Jetsfan80

Connor Hughes: Quinnen Williams finished Training Camp with 1 sack, 2 TFLs

It's only training camp, and his place on the team is assured.....but still not looking good from what we've seen.

• Upvote 1

I’m going to reserve judgement until the regular season. Unlike many here I don’t read much into the TC camp tweets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You've been praising Joe Judge all offseason based on Training Camp tweets.  

Joe Judge is a proven commodity. He helped build the foundation of the Pats the last few years with his disciplined, no-nonsense approach. There is a lot of nonsense with Gase-No nonsense with JJ

• Thumb Down 11
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

"Proven"

Disciplined teams win in this league. Joe Judge brings with him that discipline that players need. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Disciplined teams win in this league. Joe Judge brings with him that discipline that players need. 

Totes, yo.  Definitely no examples in history to prove that assumption wrong.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I’m going to reserve judgement until the regular season. Unlike many here I don’t read much into the TC camp tweets. 

Generally agree, let’s see in a week or so how he looks.

Just like the positive TC tweets can be ridiculous (i.e. Pennington’s arm is so much stronger, Sanchez is making better decisions, Geno is a leader), the negative stuff can also be bullsh*t as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Generally agree, let’s see in a week or so how he looks.

Just like the positive TC tweets can be ridiculous (i.e. Pennington’s arm is so much stronger, Sanchez is making better decisions, Geno is a leader), the negative stuff can also be bullsh*t as well.

I mean, if the media just wanted to be negative just to be negative about him, there would have been a bunch of negative tweets/articles about QW.  There weren't.  There's just been a whole lot of....nothing.  Which tells me QW's disappearing act wasn't a lie.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

For a good (condomless) time, see here--

surprising in hindsight how many JN members were not drinking the koolaide ala Leo Williams

• Upvote 1

You try not to jump to conclusions... But a guy with minimal college track record, surrounded by superstars, underachieves early... Really feels like we whiffed on this one.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

You try not to jump to conclusions... But a guy with minimal college track record, surrounded by superstars, underachieves early... Really feels like we whiffed on this one.

+ it was a Macc pick.  Safe bet there.

• Upvote 1

Hughes also pointed out that no one on the team talked a bigger game than QW prior to camp.  Based on talk alone he was expecting QW to play like a beast this summer, and it was far from the case.

"Unstoppable".  lol.  Thanks Macc!

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

We get it, Maccagnan sucked. Pretty sure that was a factor in his getting fired. I’m gonna go ahead and root for this kid to succeed regardless of who picked him, anyway. 

I'd like for him to succeed too.  He just isn't going to.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hughes also pointed out that no one on the team talked a bigger game than QW prior to camp.  Based on talk alone he was expecting QW to play like a beast this summer, and it was far from the case.

"Unstoppable".  lol.  Thanks Macc!

If he talked more than Bell, it wasn’t by much. 

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Joe Judge is a proven commodity. He helped build the foundation of the Pats the last few years with his disciplined, no-nonsense approach. There is a lot of nonsense with Gase-No nonsense with JJ

Really?

Off of those two seasons he coached in NE?

What would Bill do without his help building that foundation of 8 SBs and 5 SB wins before he joined the Pats.

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, if the media just wanted to be negative just to be negative about him, there would have been a bunch of negative tweets/articles about QW.  There weren't.  There's just been a whole lot of....nothing.  Which tells me QW's disappearing act wasn't a lie.  

Curious, what were the stats for the rest of the DL?

• Upvote 1