Connor Hughes: Quinnen Williams finished Training Camp with 1 sack, 2 TFLs

Jetsfan80

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

How many sacks did Khalil Mack have in training camp? 

Dumbest thing I’ve heard today.

This is an apt comparison, for sure!

And no doubt, its totally fine that a # 3 pick who had a disappointing rookie season then claimed he'd be "unstoppable" in year 2 completely disappeared during training camp, against a weak Jets OL no less.  He's gonna be a beast, no doubt.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Last year Nate Shephard was Mr. Bust-O-Rama, then he wasn't. Expect Q to do well this year and make strong contribution to our D. He will rank about 92nd out of 100 reasons Jets are mediocre this year.

Shepherd is a rotational DL with 2 career sacks, 11 Solo Tackles and 6 TFLs.  He also turns 27 in September.  He's a lot closer to a bust than a "hit" for an early 3rd round pick.

Poor example to use to try to claim Quinnen Williams will end up a not-bust.  Quinnen is a run-stuffing DT who struggles to put pressure on the QB.  That's what a bust looks like.

• Upvote 3

It was no secret that the New York Jets were fielding calls and open for business ahead of the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday. But one player they weren't willing to deal was 2019 first-round defensive tackle Quinnen Williams despite receiving serious interest from a mystery team.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It was no secret that the New York Jets were fielding calls and open for business ahead of the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday. But one player they weren't willing to deal was 2019 first-round defensive tackle Quinnen Williams despite receiving serious interest from a mystery team.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

Any guesses what team Schefty is talking about?

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Joe Judge is a proven commodity. He helped build the foundation of the Pats the last few years with his disciplined, no-nonsense approach. There is a lot of nonsense with Gase-No nonsense with JJ

WT ???  Unreal ! What Koolaid are you drinking ? Asking for a friend. He was the ST coach not Bill Beliprick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Thai Jet said:

That's the old positive attitude we all love to see.     :rolleyes:

Better than raising my expectations on him only to be massively disappointed.  There's not one thing that can be pointed to to suggest QW will come close to living up to his draft slot.  

I'm optimistic about quite a few things about this team.  QW is not one of them.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

what?

For those who are of an age this is a famous moment from the cult movie classic "Animal House".  That moment and "Did we surrender after the Germans attacked Pearl harbor?" moments among several others.  Never mind, it is one of those you had to be there type things. 

Congratulations on being young enough so that you have no clue what I was referring to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You try not to jump to conclusions... But a guy with minimal college track record, surrounded by superstars, underachieves early... Really feels like we whiffed on this one.

Agreed. 

I need to see him in year 2 before going too nuts, but I don't see any convincing argument for realistically expecting him to suddenly be awesome. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

For those who are of an age this is a famous moment from the cult movie classic "Animal House".  That moment and "Did we surrender after the Germans attacked Pearl harbor?" moments among several others.  Never mind, it is one of those you had to be there type things. 

Congratulations on being young enough so that you have no clue what I was referring to.

I'm not that young - but I've only seen this movie once and think it is fairly overrated. 

• Thumb Down 1