Connor Hughes: Quinnen Williams finished Training Camp with 1 sack, 2 TFLs

Jetsfan80

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is an apt comparison, for sure!

And no doubt, its totally fine that a # 3 pick who had a disappointing rookie season then claimed he'd be "unstoppable" in year 2 completely disappeared during training camp, against a weak Jets OL no less.  He's gonna be a beast, no doubt.

It’s training camp!!! It’s for training!!! Our horrible beat guys are fishing for clicks, and people like you are eating it up with a spoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

understand the argument against drafting a DL, however guy was widely regarded as a certified beast coming out. You couldnt find anyone pre-draft saying anything other then "best DL to come out in at least several years". That being said....i am also wondering who you guys wanted at 3 outside of maybe Josh Allen? if you want to make the argument for Allen vs QW...fine...but thats a very different argument from he was a horrible pick. anyways...as i said....practice reports mean nothing....pulling for QW to make people eat crow.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not that young - but I've only seen this movie once and think it is fairly overrated. 

You need to watch it again.  It's a classic in the genre of Used Cars and Ferris Bueller.  A true national treasure.  Cinematic art like Animal House is for all practical purposes priceless. 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And no doubt, its totally fine that a # 3 pick who had a disappointing rookie season then claimed he'd be "unstoppable" in year 2 completely disappeared during training camp, against a weak Jets OL no less.  He's gonna be a beast, no doubt.

He had a disappointing rookie season, we get it.

What I dont get is the idea that it will define his career.  

Repeating the unstoppable comment is pointless and I dont even get the point. How about waiting for some, oh, I dont know, actual football games before we start calling someone the biggest camp loser and posting yet another thread about QW.  

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It was no secret that the New York Jets were fielding calls and open for business ahead of the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday. But one player they weren't willing to deal was 2019 first-round defensive tackle Quinnen Williams despite receiving serious interest from a mystery team.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

Wow ... i wonder what a "blockbuster of picks" included?

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It was no secret that the New York Jets were fielding calls and open for business ahead of the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday. But one player they weren't willing to deal was 2019 first-round defensive tackle Quinnen Williams despite receiving serious interest from a mystery team.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

A year ago?

Because we all know JD lets everyone know what's being offered, what he turned down, etc.  Hes an open book.  

What else you got?

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Huge fail by Douglas that's what i got.  Quinnen is going to be Leo 2.0  He actually had a chance to correct the grievous mccagnan error and he too thought quinnen was going to be some kind of beast.

Leo 2.0.  The lazy mans evaluation.  

No one agrees with your evaluation apparently,.  Not whoever rated that years draft, not whoever wanted to trade for QW and apparently not JD.

Hes ours, whether we like it or not.  Trading high pick players for lower picks isnt the way to use the draft to its best 

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Huge fail by Douglas that's what i got.  Quinnen is going to be Leo 2.0  He actually had a chance to correct the grievous mccagnan error and he too thought quinnen was going to be some kind of beast.

Because if Shefter says it, it has to be true.  There was a magical trade offer for QW and JD turned it down.

Fits right in with his no one other than Darnold is untraceable line

It’s training camp!!! It’s for training!!! Our horrible beat guys are fishing for clicks, and people like you are eating it up with a spoon.

This was buried 55 minutes into a dumb zoom session. It wasn’t the headline of an article.

Q is a bust. The sooner we all accept it the quicker we can move forward.