SNY’s Jets on the chopping block lists suckbag Chuma Edoga

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you actually watch him play? He was awful. Just because the Jets didn't target a pass rusher in years doesn't mean it wasn't an all time bad pick. I could only imagine the outcry around here if Mac had made that pick. It would be comical to say the least.

The only legit attempt to acquire a pass rusher in a 14 year period for this franchise. Gholston wasn’t nearly as bad of a pick as it gets labeled, particularly when given the lack of talent in the 1st round that year.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine if Macc drafted Jachai Polite

On this episode of Where are they now? Macc Picks... Jachai Polite still plagued by COVID hamstring, received multiple disciplinary actions for tardiness, has since failed 2 physicals, and missed 3 meetings. It appears he's not cut out for bag boy at the Kroger's checkout line.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Yet you have some sick fascination where you have to tag my name everytime Edogas name comes up because I liked the player coming out of college. 

End of line you still can't refute one word I said. 

Its called humor. I thought we were "buddies" after talking O Line etc over the last year, and we disagreed about Chum Dog. Is he your cousin or something? 

Whatever dude. I won't bother you anymore.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rosters need to be in by 4 p.m. on Saturday

Joe Douglas has been on the job for more than a year now, but in many ways he’s just beginning his reconstruction of the Jets roster. This isn’t his team yet. And there are surely players on the roster that just don’t fit into his plans.

That makes it possible that there could be a few surprises over the next few days as the Jets cut their roster down to 53 players. They’re hard to predict without the benefit of seeing preseason games, which can often be a tell for which players just don’t fit into a team’s plans. But there have been enough practices and press conferences to at least guess at which “names” could be on the bubble.

Here’s a look at a few of them, and why:

QB David Fales – His history with Adam Gase won’t be enough to earn him the backup job, even temporarily. First, the job is Joe Flacco’s as soon as he’s healthy, though he’s expected to spend at least the first few weeks of the season on injured reserve. The Jets probably aren’t going to cut James Morgan, their fourth-round pick, but he’s also not likely to serve as the only insurance for Sam Darnold. Who will be? Don’t be shocked if it’s Mike White, the former Cowboys fifth-round pick, at least until Flacco is ready to go.

DL Nathan Shepherd – Shepherd was considered a reach when the Jets took him in the third round of the 2018 draft, and he’s never done a lot to prove otherwise. He was OK as a rookie and not much more than that in his second season after he returned from a six-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs. The D-line spot is a little more crowded than it used to be, and since Shepherd is about to turn 27 he could easily be pushed aside to give a younger player a shot.

T Chuma Edoga – He was a third-round pick just two years ago, but he wasn’t Douglas’ pick. And since Douglas rebuilt the starting offensive line and didn’t include Edoga who started eight games last season, that’s not a particularly good sign. He could be kept around for depth, and maybe the injury issues for rookie Cam Clarkthis summer will make Edoga necessary. But at this point it seems clear that he’s not in the Jets’ long-term offensive line plans.

CB Nate Hairston – Cornerback remains the weakest spot on the Jets roster, so maybe it’s not smart to dump a player who started six games for them last year. But if Pierre Desir is healthy, it looks like he, Bless Austin and Brian Poole are the top three corners and Quincy Wilsonand Arthur Maulet are the next two. Hairston would be the sixth and they’ll probably keep six, but don’t count out Douglas acquiring another corner somewhere, either via the waiver wire or in a trade. So if Hairston is still on the final 53 on Saturday, his stay there could be short-lived.

TE Daniel Brown – He may be a former Raven, which is relevant to Douglas, and he’s an excellent blocker too. But with Chris Herndon's return to health, the tight end room is crowded. Herndon and Ryan Griffin are locks to make the team, and it sure looks like Gase is carving out a limited role for Trevon Wesco. Brown has been a valuable special teamer, and that may be enough. But he seems like the kind of insurance policy the Jets would want to stash on the expanded practice squad, which could be where he ends up.

I would gladly sh*tcan everybody on that list except for Nathan Shepherd he's the only guy worth anything-

Chuma Edoga sounds like something from Taco Bell.

They can all hit the bricks. Tell your story walking. Kick rocks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its called humor. I thought we were "buddies" after talking O Line etc over the last year, and we disagreed about Chum Dog. Is he your cousin or something? 

Whatever dude. I won't bother you anymore.  

We're good, don't read into it too much since it's just a message board. I was only pointing out that it gets old when someone keeps tagging you about ONE player you supported being drafted and still hold out hope that they turn into a decent starter. Not even @T0mShane does that.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

We're good, don't read into it too much since it's just a message board. I was only pointing out that it gets old when someone keeps tagging you about ONE player you supported being drafted and still hold out hope that they turn into a decent starter. Not even @T0mShane does that.

Thats true. I bet that would REALLY annoy @T0mShane.

• Haha 2

I don't agree about Shephed. He got a shot last year, produced, and they continued to give him reps. I think he's a near lock to make the team and I'd be shocked if he was cut. The question is will they bring on Franklin-Meyers and carry 7 D-linemen instead of 6 (but I think its unlikely). 

Could be wrong though, they did just cut Harrison and Burgess, who I also thought were near locks to make the roster as backups. 

12 hours ago, RobR said:

He became a starter last year on purpose. You do realize that our healthy starting RT last year got benched for Edoga? 

Not only that, when Beachum was out and they had to pick between Shell or Edoga to play LT, they picked Edoga. I was under the impression that the coaches liked Edoga. This doesn’t seem to make sense to me, but, it is the Jets.?

13 hours ago, RobR said:

13 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thats true. I bet that would REALLY annoy @T0mShane.

Me, on cutdown day, waiting to reply to these comments...

jimmy snuka wrestling GIF

• Haha 4