OL Jonathon Harrison released

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I don't remember him being that bad but you might be right.....It was brutal for Sam last year just less so once Harrison started.  

I saw a lot of big NT’s bullrush and Harrison is jacked but just wasn’t big enough to anchor near the LOS. He didnt give up sacks but made Sam shift often and generally be uncomfortable by the push in his face 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

He never had enough junk in his trunk as Parcells would say. Got toppled over way to much, or sled like he was on skates into Sam's lap. Great sign regarding the overall talent improvement on the Oline. 

My thoughts exactly.  If they're cutting guys like Burgess and Harrison then this team must be better than I thought.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

This one is surprising. He is a solid back up and you know he can start if needed and do a decent job.  In addition, he seems like a great teammate and solid guy, which seems to be harder to find these days.  Wish him well. 

Don't worry Belichick will call him soon...

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

He can also play guard.

They have Andrews who can play C/G and Clark who can play G. 

With McDermott injured they only have (3) guys on the OL who can play tackle (Edoga, Fant, and Becton)

As of now they have (1) guy who can backup at Center and (2) guys that can backup at guard. If you are going to keep 9 OL wouldn’t you add depth to the tackle position?

Well it will be interesting to see if JD try's to bring Burgess and Harrison back to be on the practice squad since they can carry 4 veterans this year with the expansion,   With that said it seems to be a league of versatility with player use, so it makes sense in that regard he was released.