Deshaun Watson gets paid ???

Rhg1084

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Didn't we pass on him for a strong safety?  

Yes, but if it's any consolation, at least they didn't take John Ross or Mike Williams...could have been worse!!

EhKKB7bWoAIoxFl?format=png&name=medium

I don't know how a GM could live with the memory of drafting John Ross over Patrick Mahomes/Desean Watson. 

And i liked Ross as a prospect, btw. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Yes, but if it's any consolation, at least they didn't take John Ross or Mike Williams...could have been worse!!

I don't know how a GM could live with the memory of drafting John Ross over Patrick Mahomes/Desean Watson. 

The Bears have it the worst. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Eh, forget John Ross...a bust is a bust. Imagine being the guy looking for a QB in that draft and passing on Mahomes and Watson for...Trubisky. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

I didn’t say that. He just needs to prove himself more then just one decent season to get that kind of deal. 

Watson and Mahomes both got paid after year 3. Maybe they wait till year 4 to pay Sam? But then that could creat some issues a la Dak 

Maccagnan passed on an entire draft class of QBs because he fell in love with Darnold. He wanted guys he felt could change the losing culture here. That’s why little dinger said he had a horseshoe up his ass when darnold was there at 3  

the Jets passed on mahomes and Watson for Darnold 

dont believe the propaganda 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A foresee a bright future for him with the kind of playoff and Super Bowl success that Aaron Rodgers has enjoyed following his team tilting the entire salary cap in his direction.

Key is to ensure your QB is married to a supermodel/singer that could realistically out-earn him. 

37 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Good for Watson. He sure does deserve to be paid like a top quarterback.

Watson hasn't done sh*t to deserve a $40 million a year contract.

The NFL has gone full blown INSANE with contracts these past three seasons.  This will come back and bite the owners yet again.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Maccagnan passed on an entire draft class of QBs because he fell in love with Darnold. He wanted guys he felt could change the losing culture here. That’s why little dinger said he had a horseshoe up his ass when darnold was there at 3  

If that were actually true, we would have ensured a 0-16 season to get him.  But it wasn't true, so....

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I don't like this. 

I'd prefer to believe that Mahomes wouldn't be half as good on the Jets (a slightly better Geno), and Darnold would be a bonafide superstar w/ Andy Reid. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

The NFL has gone full blown INSANE with contracts these past three seasons.  This will come back and bite the owners yet again.

Do you realize how much money the NFL/owners make. The fact that players are getting paid should not upset people 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

He's a top 5 QB in the league, and contracts are supposed to be about what a player WILL do rather than what he HAS done.  A lot of great years are ahead for him and he deserves every penny.  

Who gives a sh*t whether the NFL will be in trouble financially?  The owners have enough money.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1