Official Jets cuts/cut down day thread

Jetlife33

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Alright, I’m ready to be angry as hell at the Jets again.

Why? Cager is banged up and will probably clear waivers to be picked up to the PS. This move makes a ton of sense. Furthermore, there are going to be a number of options for the Jets as teams shed back-end WRs if they want to pick someone up for depth last minute. They will probably cut Campbell as well and try to bring him back to PS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, PepPep said:

Why? Cager is banged up and will probably clear waivers to be picked up to the PS. This move makes a ton of sense. Furthermore, there are going to be a number of options for the Jets as teams shed back-end WRs if they want to pick someone up for depth last minute. 

Because I’m a Georgia fan & I really liked Cager.

• Upvote 3

Just now, PepPep said:

Why? Cager is banged up and will probably clear waivers to be picked up to the PS. This move makes a ton of sense. Furthermore, there are going to be a number of options for the Jets as teams shed back-end WRs if they want to pick someone up for depth last minute. 

True and there might be some surprise WR cuts. 

49ers cuts

1. LB Joey Alfieri
  2. CB Jermaine Kelly
  3. S Derrick Kindred
  4. OL Ray Smith
  5. QB Broc Rutteer
  6. DL Willie Henry Jr. 
  7. WR Chris Finke
  8. DE Alex Barrett
  9. OT Leonard Wester
  10. DB Chris Edwards
  11. DB D.J. Reed
  12. EDGE Alex Barrett
  13. TE Daniel Helm
  14. WR Chris Thompson
  15. DB DeMarkus Acy
  16. LB Jonas Griffith
  17. RB Salvon Ahmed
  18. WR Jaron Brown
  19. EDGE Jonathan Kongbo 
  20. G Kofi Amichia
  21. TE Erik Swoope
  22. EDGE James Lockhart
  23. CB Jamar Taylor

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Injuries killed this kid.  From a possible top 10 pick before the injuries and now not even making it through his first training camp.  I hope he made the most out of that UW education.

He looked like he was 50 years old at the combine.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

DAMN

I think you can expect the WRs to be Perriman, Crowder, Mims, Hogan, Berrios and Moncrief unless they claim someone they like from another team's roster cuts.

Guys like Chesson, Malone, Campbell, Cager, Montgomery, J.Smith were long shots to make the team from the get go. I guess they saw something in J.Smith and he may have had a real shot but he got hurt. Maybe they IR him.

I think Jets will try to bring back Cager and Campbell via PS, IR J.Smith. Not sure if Chesson and Malone are PS eligible. Remember, we still have V.Smith who was supposed to be a contributor this season. 

If the Jets carry 7 WRs that changes things a bit. But I think they roll with 6 and in general I think this will be a ground and pound team by design.