Official Jets cuts/cut down day thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, Robbie made the team as an UFA with a traditional training camp and 4 preseason games. This years UFAs really were robbed of true opportunity.

I'm convinced 50% of the posters on this board think David Fales is Luke Falk

Eff you buddy.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Rare speed. Rare size. Guidry is tough but tiny. You have to think that limits him not only to the slot but in general as a coverage corner in the NFL. I bet he clears waivers and Jets have an opportunity to bring him onto PS if they choose to do so. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

We rebounded rather nicely now that Fromm has left for the league. I like the Newsome transfer, gotta like the 5 star QB recruit, Mathis is another 5 star & JT Daniels isn’t too shabby.

Newman opted out.  Looks like Daniels will be our QB this season.  Or maybe Dwan Mathis -- would be a great story if he could give us something, even as a change of pace QB this season.

Just now, Lith said:

Newman opted out.  Looks like Daniels will be our QB this season.  Or maybe Dwan Mathis -- would be a great story if he could give us something, even as a change of pace QB this season.

Didn’t realize Newman opted out. I was looking forward to a duel threat QB in this offense. Would of been very different looking than what we’re use to. JT Daniels doesn’t excite me as a starter so much, but he does have game experience and I think he’s talented.

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

You guys are much better off without Newman, Daniels can play.  I don’t think Newman was beating out Daniels anyway.   Not a big loss IMO.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
30 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

While someone may claim this kid (more likely a PS candidate), i would like Rich Cimini to explain why he thinks that Guidry, who went undrafted, and has not had a single pre season game to show his skills, and is cut by a team that the league views as having one of the worst CB rosters,will draw interest? Just looking for his explanation?

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

While someone may claim this kid (more likely a PS candidate), i would like Rich Cimini to explain why he thinks that Guidry, who went undrafted, and has not had a single pre season game to show his skills, and is cut by a team that the league views as having one of the worst CB rosters,will draw interest? Just looking for his explanation?

cimini is garbage.  his coverage on the JETS is awful

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
13 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

The Jets had to give Guidry $47k guaranteed to sign, which is an indication that there were other teams bidding for him as a UDFA. Presumably, the teams they outbid will come sniffing around for him

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Rare speed. Rare size. Guidry is tough but tiny. You have to think that limits him not only to the slot but in general as a coverage corner in the NFL. I bet he clears waivers and Jets have an opportunity to bring him onto PS if they choose to do so. 

Slightly bigger and faster than

Ray Mickens.  😆 

From NYJEts.com.  List of roster moves to get to 53:

Player Pos Exp How Acq Transaction
David Fales QB 6 FA-19 released
Mike White QB 2 FA-19 waived
Josh Adams RB 3 FA-19 waived
Lawrence Cager WR R UdFA-20 waived
George Campbell WR R UdFA-20 waived
Jehu Chesson WR 3 FA-19 waived
Josh Malone WR 3 FA-19 waived
Donte Moncreif WR 7 FA-20 released