Javelin Guidry CB R UdFA-20 waived
Nate Hairston CB 4 T-19(IND) waived
Bryce Hall CB R D5-20 reserve/NFI
Lamar Jackson CB R UdFA-20 waived
Zane Lewis CB R W-20(ARZ) waived
Shyheim Carter DB R UdFA-20 waived
Matthias Farley S 5 FA-19 released
Bennett Jackson S 3 W-19(BAL) waived

Feel awful for Cager, Campbell, and the other UDFAs.  Hopefully we get some of them back on the PS.

Furthermore, JD better be active on the WR front to justify cutting every healthy guy Sam has been throwing to for the last two weeks, otherwise I'm doubling down on my "JD wants his guy" theory.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Feel awful for Cager, Campbell, and the other UDFAs.  Hopefully we get some of them back on the PS.

Furthermore, JD better be active on the WR front to justify cutting every healthy guy Sam has been throwing to for the last two weeks, otherwise I'm doubling down on my "JD wants his guy" theory.

Yeah, feel like they’re not doing Sam a huge favor here.

“You know all those reps you took with those guys at camp? They’re gone. Anyway, have a great season!”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

“You know all those reps you took with those guys at camp? They’re gone. Anyway, have a great season!”

Only thing that I can think of is Perriman is close to coming back, as is Josh Smith, and JD will be active soon.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Bryce Huff is a bit if a surprise no?  I know he was a pretty nicely regarded UDFA but I haven't heard much about him(but haven't been able to follow as closely as usual)

He flashed in practice late a few times and pass rusher for the Jets is not the highest bar in the leadu

13 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

But really the only reason these guys were getting reps with Sam was bc the projected starters were all hurt.  I think a bigger disservice would be cutting projected starters in favor of keeping lower tier guys for the sake of recent practice familiarity.

Our wrs aren’t a finished group yet.  In the coming days I expect us to add  One of another teams cuts, V Smith to one of the IRs, and multiple wrs of our to the larger PS (some combo of Cager, Chesson, Campbell, or Moncrief?) 

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Good for him. He didn't see like a bad guy just got super bad advice and was completely unprepared.

Shows it's kind of silly to give up on a high draft pick before his first season starts. I know he looked bad in pre-season games, but at least give him a year on the PS to try and figure things out

2 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

But really the only reason these guys were getting reps with Sam was bc the projected starters were all hurt.  I think a bigger disservice would be cutting projected starters in favor of keeping lower tier guys for the sake of recent practice familiarity.

Our wrs aren’t a finished group yet.  In the coming days I expect us to add  One of another teams cuts, V Smith to one of the IRs, and multiple wrs of our to the larger PS (some combo of Cager, Chesson, Campbell, or Moncrief?) 

Great point. And very true.

• Upvote 1

Good for him. He didn't see like a bad guy just got super bad advice and was completely unprepared.

Personally I hope we see him beast out for the Rams that will teach this team to develop players instead of just s*** canning guys that can't develop because of a poor coaching staff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Not sure I get our backup QB situation at the moment. Flacco isn't ready to play so that means we only have Morgan as the only healthy backup QB

I guess they're just praying that Sam doesn't get injured in the first 2-3 weeks until Flacco is healthy. And this allows them to hold on to an extra receiver.