Official Jets cuts/cut down day thread

Jetlife33

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I guess they're just praying that Sam doesn't get injured in the first 2-3 weeks until Flacco is healthy. And this allows them to hold on to an extra receiver.

They will put Fales +/or White on the PS. Under the new rules they can bring up a QB on game day. Only risk of Morgan as backup is opening day.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

so who is the back up center?

Dennis Waszak Jr. ⁦‪@DWAZ73‬⁩

With Harrison and Andrews gone, in a pinch, it's possible Greg Van Roten could fill in at center (he has experience there) for the #Jets. Cam Clark could then be the fill-in at RG (if he's healthy). Seems a lot of moves yet to come.

9/5/20, 4:41 PM

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

To be fair, Robbie made the team as an UFA with a traditional training camp and 4 preseason games.

This years UFAs really were robbed of true opportunity.

They played against scrubs all camp. They could of made some plays in practice and impressed the coaches.. there has been plenty of opportunity in terms of reps.

Probably the only cut I'm remotely surprised in is Donte Moncrief, and that's ONLY due to the health of our WR room. 

The rest were all obvious or easily interchangeable pieces.

Quincy Wilson making the team may be the only surprising thing for me. 

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They played against scrubs all camp. They could of made some plays in practice and impressed the coaches.. there has been plenty of opportunity in terms of reps.

That's true.  But in a normal camp you have those same opportunities and 4 preseason games.  Any way you slice it they lost opportunities to show what they have

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They didn't put pads on until 2 weeks ago. No mini camp. No chance they had "plenty of opportunity" with one hour practices.

UFAs were screwed this year. At every position and every team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Feel awful for Cager, Campbell, and the other UDFAs.  Hopefully we get some of them back on the PS.

Furthermore, JD better be active on the WR front to justify cutting every healthy guy Sam has been throwing to for the last two weeks, otherwise I'm doubling down on my "JD wants his guy" theory.

Patience.  Good chance V Smith and/or J Smith end up on IR tomorrow and one or two of the young guys are brought back.  Just becasue they were cut today does not mean one or two of Cager, Chesson, Campbell or Malone is not back on the roster tomorrow.  Or we add someone else cut from another team.

Will have a much better idea tomorrow what the week 1 53 will look like.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

53 man roster depth chart via Jet X 

C17C7B5C-CBB7-4A92-8875-2E6A8503BFB8.jpeg

This roster is not great but if the Jets can stay relatively healthy they should be ok. This is going to be ground and pound grind it out team with Darnold moving the chains and taking a few shots down the field to keep the defense honest. This defense will be stout against the run, a bit better in coverage and hopefully because of that better with the Pass Rush. 

Will it translate to more wins? Maybe, maybe not. Its a tougher schedule. As I said, the Jets will need to stay healthy.  Their O-line needs to gel. QW needs to have a breakout season and bring some much needed pressure. And Darnold needs to continue to develop, making less mistakes and making more of his opportunities.  

• Upvote 2