Official Jets cuts/cut down day thread

Jetlife33

Just now, Philc1 said:

Only cut I’m upset about is Harrison.  It seems like past 6 years our Centers always get hurt so having a decent backup would be nice

It really is puzzling, starting to think they just wanted to save the 2+ million. Same for Hairston, jets save almost 4.5 million between the two. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

It really is puzzling, starting to think they just wanted to save the 2+ million. Same for Hairston, jets save almost 4.5 million between the two. 

Douglas is a true zealot when it comes to the true value of a player.  Reminds me a bit like BB.  "You're worth ___.  A player at your position is worth ____ .  Rivers could change course and your value would still be ____ ."   About as far away from Macc as can be.

• Sympathy 3

The Bengals waived Morgan on Saturday, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.

The Bengals have a deep wide-receiver corps since A.J. Green is healthy and they drafted Tee Higgins in the second round, so Morgan was the odd man out. The soon-to-be 24-year-old is a practice-squad candidate that could get the call if any Bengals wideout goes down.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I am not a Sam Ficken hater. He is not great but he is capable of making a clutch kick. There is room for improvement and he might be capable of getting better. I kind of like the guy. If we keep him I will have no prob with that. 

He’s overcome a lot of adversity dating back to his college career. I read a stat (don’t quote me on this) that he was a perfect 8/8 on field goals during one score games in the 4th quarter. Had the game winner vs Miami. Hopefully he becomes a trusted kicker for us, I just think after last years week 1 debacle, fans want more of a sure thing. 

18 hours ago, Lith said:

From NYJEts.com.  List of roster moves to get to 53:

Player Pos Exp How Acq Transaction
David Fales QB 6 FA-19 released
Mike White QB 2 FA-19 waived
Josh Adams RB 3 FA-19 waived
Lawrence Cager WR R UdFA-20 waived
George Campbell WR R UdFA-20 waived
Jehu Chesson WR 3 FA-19 waived
Josh Malone WR 3 FA-19 waived
Donte Moncreif WR 7 FA-20 released
D.J. Montgomery WR 2 W-20(CLE) waived
Daniel Brown TE 6 UFA-19(CHI) released
Bronson Kaufusi TE 3 FA-18 waived
Ross Travis TE 4 W-19(IND) waived
Josh Andrews OL 5 UFA-20(IND) released
Jonotthan Harrison OL 7 FA-17 released
Jared Hilbers OL R UdFA-20 waived
Corbin Kaufusi OL 1 FA-19 waived
Brad Lundblade OL 1 FA-19 waived
Jimmy Murray OL 2 FA-19 waived
James Burgess LB 3 W-19(MIA) waived
Javelin Guidry CB R UdFA-20 waived
Nate Hairston CB 4 T-19(IND) waived
Bryce Hall CB R D5-20 reserve/NFI
Lamar Jackson CB R UdFA-20 waived
Zane Lewis CB R W-20(ARZ) waived
Shyheim Carter DB R UdFA-20 waived
Matthias Farley S 5 FA-19 released
Bennett Jackson S 3 W-19(BAL) waived

Mischief must really suck now if he couldn't  stick with this group of WR's

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's probably more of a shot at our terrible beast reporters. No Huff, No Edoga, No Shepard, Phillips, Fatukasi, Hilbers and so many others. They only write what they think will get clicks and that's the names they think people care about. So out of touch imo. I could have read full length pieces on Huff riding a stationary bike and eating lunch with Blake Cashman, but nope. All we get is Lev Bell mad at Gase for a whole week. 

@KRL would have been the offseason MVP.  Friggin COVID.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Adrian Peterson is back in the NFC North. After being released by Washington on Friday, the longtime Viking and future Hall-of-Fame running back is signing with the Lions, as veteran NFL reporter Josina Anderson was first to report (Twitter link).

AP doesn't waste time when teams come calling.  He doesn't wait for the best possible situation.  He doesn't care what competition for touches are ahead of him on the depth chart.  

I'm kind of surprised the Jaguars opted for bringing Freeman in for a workout over looking into AP.

22 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The Kansas City Chiefs are re-signing veteran QB Matt Moore to their practice squad on Sunday, according to Herbie Teope.

A lot of people here wanted Moore over Flacco as the QB2.  I'm happy with Joe, who may well be ready Week 1 after all, hence why we were comfortable cutting White and Fales.  

I would like to bring Fales and White back on the PS with their expanded size, but we'll see.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A lot of people here wanted Moore over Flacco as the QB2.  I'm happy with Joe, who may well be ready Week 1 after all, hence why we were comfortable cutting White and Fales.  

I would like to bring Fales and White back on the PS with their expanded size, but we'll see.

Looks like you got your wish, both guys reported signed back to the PS.

Fales will probably be elevated to the expanded 55 man roster the first couple of weeks, as the gameday backup.

• Upvote 1