Official Jets cuts/cut down day thread

Jetlife33

56 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Cager returns:

Every year there's a guy who I get irrationally attached to in training camp.  This year it was Cager.  It makes me happy that they are bringing him back...more than it probably should.  But I'm rooting for the kid to stay healthy, make the roster and contribute.  I think I just have a preference for big WRs who can out-run and/or out-muscle defenders over the small, shifty ones.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Every year there's a guy who I get irrationally attached to in training camp.  This year it was Cager.  It makes me happy that they are bringing him back...more than it probably should.  But I'm rooting for the kid to stay healthy, make the roster and contribute.  I think I just have a preference for big WRs who can out-run and/or out-muscle defenders over the small, shifty ones.  

You're not alone though. It seems we finally have a GM that understands the value of bog strong targets. It's amazing to see how little our FO's have placed an emphasis on the big, strong and fast WR's.  JD seems to be clearly leaneaing toward that being his type. 

Makes it little wonder why Greg Dortch didn't stick around huh? 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

You're not alone though. It seems we finally have a GM that understands the value of bog strong targets. It's amazing to see how little our FO's have placed an emphasis on the big, strong and fast WR's.  JD seems to be clearly leaneaing toward that being his type. 

Makes it little wonder why Greg Dortch didn't stick around huh? 

I'm curious if they are considering bringing Bronson Kaufasi back?  6'7" 275 lbs. TE.  They said he gave them nightmares on scout team matchups last year which is why they switched him to TE.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think I just have a preference for big WRs who can out-run and/or out-muscle defenders over the small, shifty ones.

Cager is the best of both worlds, with a big body and the small hands of those shifty guys. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

D.J. MontgomeryWR2W-20(CLE)waived

Did we claim this guy off waivers from Browns?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@32EBoozer correct, we claimed Montgomery back on Aug 30, after he was waived by the Browns.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/31/jets-claim-wr-dj-montgomery-off-waivers-browns/

Jets add another WR, claim D.J. Montgomery from Browns

USATSI_14783785.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

August 31, 2020 7:15 am ET

The Jets keep scouring the waiver wire for more bodies at wide receiver.

The team announced Sunday that it has claimed wide receiver D.J. Montgomery off waivers from the Cleveland Browns. The Jets had an open roster spot with the Kalen Ballage trade falling through because of a failed physical.

Montgomery went undrafted out of Austin Peay in 2019. He put up strong numbers there with 61 receptions for 1,025 yards and 13 touchdowns for his college career.

Last preseason with the Browns, Montgomery played well before injuring his hamstring after playing in the first two preseason games. He had five receptions for 124 yards and a touchdown before the injury that ultimately ended his 2019 season.

New York’s receiving group is growing thinner by the day, so it will take what it can get at this point with Montgomery.

• Upvote 1