Sam Monson ranks Sam Darnold 30/32 QBs

GreekJet

Just now, T0mShane said:

He’s from Ireland and offers nothing.

I'm sorry T0m, but you don't sound pretty intelligent and well-spoken to me.

Straighten yourself out with a makeover, a few toastmasters and book clubs at Bronx library center...and us guidos and greeks will take you seriously. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, predator_05 said:

I'm sorry T0m, but you don't sound pretty intelligent and well-spoken to me.

Straighten yourself out with a makeover, a few toastmasters and book clubs at Bronx library center...and us guidos and greeks will take you seriously. 

I am also Irish and bitter, though

• Haha 2

For what its worth - I like PFF but they had Baker far and away #1 in 2018, Rosen #3, Lamar at 4 and I'm pretty sure there was a big gap between him and the other guys. They also loved Mason Rudolph that year. In 2019 they did love Kyler, but had Haskins and Grier 2 and 3 ahead of Jones... plus in 2019 they said Quinnen was the best interior defender they ever scouted. 

So yea, they can be wrong... but as much as I love and believe in Darnold, we need to get used to the fact that unless he starts delivering more other people aren't going to be giving him much of a boost to do upside anymore. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

For what its worth - I like PFF but they had Baker far and away #1 in 2018, Rosen #3, Lamar at 4 and I'm pretty sure there was a big gap between him and the other guys. They also loved Mason Rudolph that year. In 2019 they did love Kyler, but had Haskins and Grier 2 and 3 ahead of Jones... plus in 2019 they said Quinnen was the best interior defender they ever scouted. 

So yea, they can be wrong... but as much as I love and believe in Darnold, we need to get used to the fact that unless he starts delivering more other people aren't going to be giving him much of a boost to do upside anymore. 

I don't really care for PFF QB metrics. It rarely aligns with what is obvious. And they have seemed to always have disliked Sam. I still believe Sam is a Top 5 QB in the NFL. Let's hope the OL and WR step up

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

is it really up to Darnold to deliver? or is the problem that this team, for whatever reasons, is devoid of top 10 talent to surrround him?

• Upvote 1

We have 8 days until it all starts

I feel like some are too harsh on him especially with the hand he's been dealt, but it's up to him to show out and prove doubters wrong. He's up to bat. 

If we stay at least somewhat healthy I think Darnold starts lighting it up, and if that does happen then we won't have to hear about what "Sam Monson" thinks of him. 

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

True....when Darnold does not play the Jets are not only 0-6 but basically the most brutal 0-6 imaginable, steamrolled in EVERY game, so bad you say to yourself "why was this game even played at all?", they should have just forfeited, which lets the imagination stretch to think how almost ANY other QB in the NFL would fare playing surrounded by the same feces encrusted personnel put on the Jet Roster by Stumblebum Maccagnan.

When Darnold does play, outside of the NE "Ghost" game, where his entire so-called OL should have been arrested for aiding and abetting 1st Degree Assault, because they all never even showed up to the game, that's how you get ranked the 3rd Worst OL in NFL History which was the 2019 Jet OL......this hideous team is at least competitive most of the time.....that to me projects way better than 30/32.

We shouldn’t even be having this conversation because I believe in Darnold but if the Jets can’t succeed with Darnold we will never succeed. 

• Upvote 1

Poor Samuel Darnold - he landed in to perhaps the worst NFL offensive program in history 2 years running. 

Then again there’s been no need for the horrendous sand-lot INTs and putrid QB play. 

Chicken or egg. I like both. And I think the grandson of the Marlboro Man will win big in the NFL some day. Hopefully with a team that actually understands the NFL and surrounds him with a shutdown offense.