AFJF

Are week 1 starting receivers on the roster?

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Having said that, yes, they will use RBs and TEs heavily in the pass game. In general, I think the Jets will be a ground and pound team this year that cuts down on turnovers and relies on a stout defense. We may see Sam as a 'move the chains' QB more than we did last season.   

The Jets will have no choice but to run 12, 21, and 22 personnel with the issues they have at WR, but trying to win via the ground & pound leaves absolutely no room for error. One holding penalty and you're done. The OL should be improved, and (like everything else) should get better over the course of the season, but the Bills had a good rushing defense last year. Can't let them just stack the box. If the Jets believe in Darnold -and I think they do- they need to let him throw the ball. I'm not talking seven-step drops, but quick, easy, timing throws that move the ball and keep the defense honest. Sure, run behind Becton, but use that to set up the play-action. We have a QB, I have no desire to go back to the boring offensive football of the Mangini/Rex days. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company