AFJF

Are week 1 starting receivers on the roster?

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Perriman and Crowder are almost locks to start. Mims is a lock to be available. Since he had no practice he may not get many reps on game day- they may just use him as a decoy or throw him a couple of screens or send him on a go route. Berrios should be ready as our punt return guy and backup slot. Hogan will also be available on the outside when they are not using Mims. 

That makes 5 WRs. We'll see what they do with V. and J. Smith as far as IR and who they are able to bring back on PS. But it would not surprise me one bit if they signed someone who go released yesterday as their 6th WR. 

Having said that, yes, they will use RBs and TEs heavily in the pass game. In general, I think the Jets will be a ground and pound team this year that cuts down on turnovers and relies on a stout defense. We may see Sam as a 'move the chains' QB more than we did last season.   

I just don't see the Jets being ground and pound. I think we will see 12 personnel more, but reality is that Gase needs to pass more on 1st and especially 2nd down to be more balanced.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company