Jump to content

Predict Opening Day Score


TNJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

I predict I'll set the DVR, go hiking in the woods during the game, and then later leave my own house in the 3rd Q to beat the traffic. I just said that to make it sound better than leaving my own house in disgust.

Haha, we once left The Old Dump 3 minutes into the 3rd Q. Wanna know why? Firstly, because I earned my stripes with this team, but that's secondary to the story. Heh. So I'll tell you why. The Jets were playing the Bills at home, 10/28/07, 3 days away for my favorite holiday of the entire year: HALLOWEEN! 🎃 Fck Christmas, btw; even worse than Valentine's Day, which only exists to drain maudlin people of their hard-earned cash at exorbitant prices and make the other half who don't have anyone "special" feel like hanging themselves with a bag of Twizzlers tied end to end. I have never tried this.

Anyway, the game was such brutal garbage that I couldn't stop fidgeting. I had flashbacks of being forced to sit in Church when I was a kid, or worse, being stuck inside the house on a Sunday AFTER Church because it was raining. I'll take my chances wiping out on my bike on Northern Boulevard, thanks. No? I guess I'll just go sulk on the couch and pick at the scabs on my knees that I got from wiping out when it was SUNNY outside.  To make matters worse, it was a BYE week and guess what was on? GOLF. "Arnold Palmer reaching for a three iron . . . " That was it.

"Let's leave! I can't take it anymore! This game sucks! It's beautiful out! WHAT AM I DOING HERE?!" "It's already dark." "Perfect! Let's go on a Haunted Hayride!" Jets vs Haunted Hayride, this is so hard!  So we did, and I was s-o-o-o happy! It was this obcsure horse farm, not a crush of people, pitch black, a huge bonfire, tons of stars.

Here's the best part. I see this little blonde girl up ahead in a Jets jersey, and I go, "Hey, is that Mary? Haha, it's Mary!" And her Dad. Who runs our tailgate. LMAO. 

The moral of the story is not about predictions. The moral of the story is that if you have a choice between something fun like getting chased through a horse paddock by a guy in a Latherface mask with a chainsaw and sticking it out with the Jets, don't be a hero.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I predict I'll set the DVR, go hiking in the woods during the game, and then later leave my own house in the 3rd Q to beat the traffic. I just said that to make it sound better than leaving my own house in disgust.

Haha, we once left The Old Dump 3 minutes into the 3rd Q. Wanna know why? Firstly, because I earned my stripes with this team, but that's secondary to the story. Heh. So I'll tell you why. The Jets were playing the Bills at home, 10/28/07, 3 days away for my favorite holiday of the entire year: HALLOWEEN! 🎃 Fck Christmas, btw; even worse than Valentine's Day, which only exists to drain maudlin people of their hard-earned cash at exorbitant prices and make the other half who don't have anyone "special" feel like hanging themselves with a bag of Twizzlers tied end to end. I have never tried this.

Anyway, the game was such brutal garbage that I couldn't stop fidgeting. I had flashbacks of being forced to sit in Church when I was a kid, or worse, being stuck inside the house on a Sunday AFTER Church because it was raining. I'll take my chances wiping out on my bike on Northern Boulevard, thanks. No? I guess I'll just go sulk on the couch and pick at the scabs on my knees that I got from wiping out when it was SUNNY outside.  To make matters worse, it was a BYE week and guess what was on? GOLF. "Arnold Palmer reaching for a three iron . . . " That was it.

"Let's leave! I can't take it anymore! This game sucks! It's beautiful out! WHAT AM I DOING HERE?!" "It's already dark." "Perfect! Let's go on a Haunted Hayride!" Jets vs Haunted Hayride, this is so hard!  So we did, and I was s-o-o-o happy! It was this obcsure horse farm, not a crush of people, pitch black, a huge bonfire, tons of stars.

Here's the best part. I see this little blonde girl up ahead in a Jets jersey, and I go, "Hey, is that Mary? Haha, it's Mary!" And her Dad. Who runs our tailgate. LMAO. 

The moral of the story is not about predictions. The moral of the story is that if you have a choice between something fun like getting chased through a horse paddock by a guy in a Latherface mask with a chainsaw and sticking it out with the Jets, don't be a hero.

 

 

So what’s your score prediction?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without fans, home field means squat & Sam seems to play pretty well in Orchard Park. Jets go big lineup, 2 & 3 TEs, Bell proves he's in the best shape in years, we wear down a decent front 7, and Gore proves he's still got it by plowing into the endzone twice behind crushing blocks by Becton.

Herndon gets loose like in 2018 in Buffalo & the Jets head back to NY 1-0 with a 21-16 win. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Man.... the way this thread is going surely means we are going to lose. 

Feel like it's a bunch of kool-aid views of what will happen. If you look at our teams from an unbiased viewpoint, I truly feel its hard to justify us winning. 

Even if the Jills have a RB leading their team. 

2zo1ki.jpg.ce247ad06427e9c96932acc6eb608fd6.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bills 26
Jets 19

Improved Bills offense, weaker Jets defense, Jets offense lacks enough  firepower to deal with stout Bills D. 

X factors which could reverse this outcome: Darnold connects with Mims & Perriman, Quinnen and Zuniga lead an improved Jets pass rush, Bell and Herndon go off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything must come together for this game!!!! No more excuses anymore!!!! Next week is what counts no scrimmages or training camp!!!!

1) Sam Darnold must stay healthy and play mistake free football

2) The oline must stay healthy and play by opening holes and protecting the QB.

3) The RB's, WR's and TE's must stay healthy and contribute by helping Darnold win.

4) The dline must be reliable by stopping the run and applying some pressure on the QB

5) Linebackers (both inside and out) must assist and take the pressure off the dline by pressuring the QB and covering the middle from RBs and TEs.

6) The secondary needs to cover the WRs and TEs and every chance they get get an interception or slap the ball.

7) The coaching staff must get on the players and play solid each game

Remember people this is the real thing now!!!! What they did in camp and scrimmage don't count anymore because it was only practice!!!! What they do next week is what counts, it the season!!!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:


SAR I

I was at that game. Last thing I was expecting to happen. Good times. 

 

The Bills are going to blow us out next week  imo.

We suck,  our roster still sucks, our Offense sucks, the HC sucks, no training camp sucks, etc. And Gase shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Parcells. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was at that game. Last thing I was expecting to happen. Good times. 

 

The Bills are going to blow us out next week  imo.

We suck,  our roster still sucks, our Offense sucks, the HC sucks, no training camp sucks, etc. And Gase shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Parcells. 

 

 

Well, your either going to be right or wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't believe in that carry over bullspit especially with no preseason games. Bills got better as season went on so it's good to face better teams early like Bill & then 49ers. 

This same Bills team lost in the playoffs, it's not like they were some kind of jaugernaut. They just squeaked in. Mosely opting out really pisses me off now that the true numbers from the CDC are out. 

Dude has as much chance of dying from Covid as I have playing in the freaking NFL! 30 million for 8 plays, GMAFB!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't believe in that carry over bullspit especially with no preseason games. Bills got better as season went on so it's good to face better teams early like Bill & then 49ers. 

This same Bills team lost in the playoffs, it's not like they were some kind of jaugernaut. They just squeaked in. Mosely opting out really passes me off now that the true numbers from the CDC are out. 

Dude has as much chance of dying from Covid as I have playing in the freaking NFL! 30 million for 8 plays, GMAFB!

 

Carryover matters this season more than most.  Having continuity is important after an offseason with such limited practice time.  Teams with the same coaching staff and similar rosters as last season have an edge.

As for us, we're implementing an Offensive Line with 4 or 5 new faces.  Not advantageous at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Man.... the way this thread is going surely means we are going to lose. 

Feel like it's a bunch of kool-aid views of what will happen. If you look at our teams from an unbiased viewpoint, I truly feel its hard to justify us winning. 

Even if the Jills have a RB leading their team. 

I can see 2 ints, maybe 3 from Josh Allen. Due to our 3 good Safeties and underrated Corners.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was at that game. Last thing I was expecting to happen. Good times. 

The Bills are going to blow us out next week  imo.

We suck,  our roster still sucks, our Offense sucks, the HC sucks, no training camp sucks, etc. And Gase shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Parcells. 

Jets Seahawks was the game that pulled the Jets out of the abyss.  Overrated opponent at home, team that everyone said wasn’t ready on the road, and it set us on a course for the best 13 year run in team history.  

Welcome to the Darnold era.    

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets Seahawks was the game that pulled the Jets out of the abyss.  Overrated opponent at home, team that everyone said wasn’t ready on the road, and it set us on a course for the best 13 year run in team history.  

Welcome to the Darnold era.    

SAR I

Nothing against Darnold, who I think is going to be a long-term FQB but let's not kid ourselves here.  This is the Braden Mann era.

EDIT: If it wasn't already obvious, this was meant as a joke

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nothing against Darnold, who I think is going to be a long-term FQB but let's not kid ourselves here.  This is the Braden Mann era.

Special quarterbacks can lift their offenses beyond what it says their capabilities are on paper.  Our D is already good enough. 

A lesser version of this team went 7-9 last year.  If Darnold was not ill we'd have gone 10-6 easy.  That's the baseline for this year's team.  We're the 10-6 playoff team that's on the rise, not the Bills.  You'll see.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Bills 26
Jets 19

Improved Bills offense, weaker Jets defense, Jets offense lacks enough  firepower to deal with stout Bills D. 

X factors which could reverse this outcome: Darnold connects with Mims & Perriman, Quinnen and Zuniga lead an improved Jets pass rush, Bell and Herndon go off. 

Weaker Jet defense? No way. Well oiled machine under GW. Adams won't be missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...