Jump to content
TNJet

Predict Opening Day Score

Recommended Posts

34-17 Bills.  This team can’t beat their own second stringers. They won’t one close in this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Special quarterbacks can lift their offenses beyond what it says their capabilities are on paper.  Our D is already good enough. 

A lesser version of this team went 7-9 last year.  If Darnold was not ill we'd have gone 10-6 easy.  That's the baseline for this year's team.  We're the 10-6 playoff team that's on the rise, not the Bills.  You'll see.

SAR I

I'm all in on this.  I'll happily take 10-6.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity (not negativity), have we beaten the Bills in a big game since 1980?  1981 was the wildcard loss.  A few years ago they beat us week 17, which cost us the playoffs.  Trying to remember a game where we beat them where it had a lot of meaning for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was at that game. Last thing I was expecting to happen. Good times. 

 

The Bills are going to blow us out next week  imo.

We suck,  our roster still sucks, our Offense sucks, the HC sucks, no training camp sucks, etc. And Gase shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Parcells. 

 

 

Spoken like a champ. Man, I thought I was bad. Do you scream at children when they ring the doorbell on Halloween? You do? Good! Ding-dong! Oh, wait, it's not Halloween yet, but I'm always down for a game of ring and run. It's even better if you don't speak English and you're in a wheelchair. 

angry-old-man-picture-id160060059?s=1706

Dag gummit, stock imaged again!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills are going to wipe the floor with the Jets. 

The Jet defense will fair as well as can be expected considering their roster limitations. 

The Jets offense is going to be lacking in any continuity and fans will be frustrated.

The predictions that Jets fans should really be making now is what type of excuses will the Gase apologists start making ???

1. Um... The line needs timne to gel.

2. Um.... Darnold needs more time to get in synch with the new pass catchers

3. Um... They need more time to get the running game working.  Their ball carriers dont have a lot of time in with the offense

I'm sure you can count on Greg Williams to do the absolute best that can be expected with his defense.

I'm also sure the offense is gong to suck...

Figure the Jet defense holds the Bills to three scores.  Say 21 points.

And... Count on Gases's offense to suck.  Max 12 points.

Bills 21 Jets 12

Like I said... The real question is what total BS smoke screen is going to be puffing out from the read ends of the Gase fan boys  to obscure how bad of a coach Gase is.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TNJet said:

Jets 21

Bills 13

Go Jets!

19-6

Bills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Jets win this 24-13

The Bills are going to get exposed mighty quick 

It looks like most of you guys are assuming Gase is going to play your second string?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills 27 Jets 13

Our 2 best defensive players aren’t playing, a brand new OL with no great individual players and a decimated WR corps.

I hope I’m wrong, but that’s how I see it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, heymangold said:

34-17 Bills.  This team can’t beat their own second stringers. They won’t one close in this one

allen iverson practice GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a diehard Bills fan to start off.  So take anything I write with that Bias.  But here is objective I can be about the match-up

Jets offense vs Bills defense

Jets May have improved their talent level on the line, but continuity is biggest factor in good line play.  No offseason, no preseason will hurt the Jets in this game.  Can see limited holes for Bell, Gore and Perine.  Honestly I think Bell is done, the Bills know and respect Gore but he is old and slow.  Perine is still dinged up with ankle. I can’t see Darnold being able to get anything going in the deep and intermediate passing game.  Take the Jets lack of receiving talent, the Bulls superior secondary play force the Jets to base their passing offense to short throws to Crowder and Herndon.  To me that is not the pathway for a successful sustained offense.  Unless the Jets can get short field opportunities I don’t see them able to sustain drives and generate points.

Bills Offense Vs Jets defense

Have a lot of respect for Jets defensive line and feel this may be an advantage against Bills offensive line.  But the lack of pass rush and poor corner play leave them open to a wide and diverse passing attack by Buffalo, Diggs, Brown, Beasley outmatch anything the Jets have at corner.  I like your three safeties but your line backing is weak and even if your dline gets pressure can they really contain Allen on scrambles and broken plays.  If Grego does his big blitz scheme your corners won’t be able to hold up and will probably get scorched.  The only chance the Jets have is Singletary having ball security issues or bad Josh showing up.  Honestly to be in the game the Jets would need to be +3 in turnover differential 

Special Teams - With rookie Tyler Bass forget about any kickoff returns, every ball is going thru the end zone.  Bills special teams have excellent gunners in Neal and Jones, great punt returner in Andre Roberts (you remember him I think) and are only marginally weak at our punter.  But he kicks high and can be lace the ball fairly well.

Coaching Match-up - Adam Gase, is their anything else that needs to be written.

My biased prediction is Bills 34 Jets 10, Bills get up 24-3 at half, coast in 2nd, give up late who cares TD against Bills back-ups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo 24

Jets        9

Very sad beginning to the season.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetophile said:

Spoken like a champ. Man, I thought I was bad. Do you scream at children when they ring the doorbell on Halloween? You do? Good! Ding-dong! Oh, wait, it's not Halloween yet, but I'm always down for a game of ring and run. It's even better if you don't speak English and you're in a wheelchair. 

angry-old-man-picture-id160060059?s=1706

Dag gummit, stock imaged again!

 

Lame, boring, and ignorant.  Aside from that, well done.

 

Let's talk a week from right.... NOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

 

Lame, boring, and ignorant.  Aside from that, well done.

 

Let's talk a week from right.... NOW.

lol. I am so bitter, it's unbelievable; it's just that when I see someone else being bitter, I put on airs.

I think the thing that may be slightly different about run-of-the-mill Jets bitterness and my Jets bitterness is that I do have the ability to be happy at times. I mean, people COMPLAIN about Sam Darnold like he's Ryan Leaf . . . ON drugs. C'mon, wtf. If a Jets fan finds an attache case full of money on Jones Beach don't be surprised if they bitch that it's full of tens and not 50s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24-10 Bills. 

Jets D keeps it close early, but the offense simply couldn’t put up points.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Out of curiosity (not negativity), have we beaten the Bills in a big game since 1980?  1981 was the wildcard loss.  A few years ago they beat us week 17, which cost us the playoffs.  Trying to remember a game where we beat them where it had a lot of meaning for us.

1998 the Jets clinched the division in Buffalo and the Bills with a win could have made the playoffs themselves if things broke right at the time.

The Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995 and this is the franchise you're worried about?  LOL, we beat them twice last year.  This Bills fear the stupid media has got you all panicked about is pretty funny.

SAR I

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game goes to overtime!

Final score:
Jets 9
Bills 6

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JTJet said:

Just to clarify. I dont want this to happen, just that training camp didnt exactly fill me with hope. So here we are. 

Whatever man. What's done is done. You said what you said.  

 

;-) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Game goes to overtime!

Final score:
Jets 9
Bills 6

Got a lotta faith in Ficken huh?  a touch of Poetic Justice maybe?  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills 17

Jets 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Whatever man. What's done is done. You said what you said.  

;-) 

sad batman GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Screw this thread and all the negativity. Holy hell

Oh, but it's the Buffalo Bills!  The media says we should tremble in fear from the, wait for it, Buffalo Bills!

One bad day of press from the first training camp scrimmage and its turned into gloom and doom city around here.  Unbelievable.  Eeyore's.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

NY Post 9/13 Headline: Jets intercept Bills RB 4 times to open season with 24-21 win!

Disclosure: I'm a Bills fan.

I think the Bills will win by two scores next Sunday. The Bills are bringing just about the entire team back intact which will be especially important this year with no real pre-season. The Jets have a new O-Line that will be improved but needs time to gel and will face a top three defense Week 1. I expect a lot of quick passes from Darnold to Bell, Crowder and Herndon to try to negate the pass rush. (I drafted Herndon and Crowder in my fantasy football draft this year, I think they are going to have a lot of production). Mosely opting out hurts the middle of the Jets' defense this year. If Mosely hadn't been hurt during the second half of the Week 1 match up last year, I don't think the Bills come back to win that game.

I think Allen improved last year and he will improve again this year. His O-Line should be better. The Bills' running game should be better and now we have Diggs which should help the passing game. I'll put John Brown against any team's #2 CB all day everyday. Respectfully, people on this message board playing up Allen like he is an interception machine are simply off base. Allen had 9 interceptions in the regular season last year. Nine. I don't think he is throwing 4 picks next Sunday.

I think Joe Douglas is going to be a great GM and he will turn the Jets around quickly. I think Darnold is a real NFL quarterback. The Jets have some great pieces on defense and they are overhauling their terrible O-Line. I think the Jets are going to be better but the Bills have a two year head start on the rebuild. Gase will be gone next year and the Jets' head coaching job will be the most coveted in the NFL with a good GM, franchise QB in place, and plenty of draft picks and cap space to play with. I wouldn't be surprised to finally see McDaniels leave New England and take the job.

This season though, the Bills are clearly the better team and should be able to handle the Jets in their two games. Next year will be a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets 40
Bills 23

SAR I

The Bills defense was second in the NFL last year in points allowed at 16.5 points per game.  Considering that defenses are usually ahead of offenses to start the year, I think the Jets' offense hanging 40 points on the BiIls' defense is a stretch.  I think it will a Bills' win by two scores.

We'll see soon enough.  So glad football is back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marckry said:

I’m a diehard Bills fan to start off.  So take anything I write with that Bias.  But here is objective I can be about the match-up

Jets offense vs Bills defense

Jets May have improved their talent level on the line, but continuity is biggest factor in good line play.  No offseason, no preseason will hurt the Jets in this game.  Can see limited holes for Bell, Gore and Perine.  Honestly I think Bell is done, the Bills know and respect Gore but he is old and slow.  Perine is still dinged up with ankle. I can’t see Darnold being able to get anything going in the deep and intermediate passing game.  Take the Jets lack of receiving talent, the Bulls superior secondary play force the Jets to base their passing offense to short throws to Crowder and Herndon.  To me that is not the pathway for a successful sustained offense.  Unless the Jets can get short field opportunities I don’t see them able to sustain drives and generate points.

Bills Offense Vs Jets defense

Have a lot of respect for Jets defensive line and feel this may be an advantage against Bills offensive line.  But the lack of pass rush and poor corner play leave them open to a wide and diverse passing attack by Buffalo, Diggs, Brown, Beasley outmatch anything the Jets have at corner.  I like your three safeties but your line backing is weak and even if your dline gets pressure can they really contain Allen on scrambles and broken plays.  If Grego does his big blitz scheme your corners won’t be able to hold up and will probably get scorched.  The only chance the Jets have is Singletary having ball security issues or bad Josh showing up.  Honestly to be in the game the Jets would need to be +3 in turnover differential 

Special Teams - With rookie Tyler Bass forget about any kickoff returns, every ball is going thru the end zone.  Bills special teams have excellent gunners in Neal and Jones, great punt returner in Andre Roberts (you remember him I think) and are only marginally weak at our punter.  But he kicks high and can be lace the ball fairly well.

Coaching Match-up - Adam Gase, is their anything else that needs to be written.

My biased prediction is Bills 34 Jets 10, Bills get up 24-3 at half, coast in 2nd, give up late who cares TD against Bills back-ups

Thanks for being so "objective". I'm surprised your final score wasn't 61-0 after the analyses. It's going to be closer than you think, and a sloppy game at that. It's going to be the first real game for both teams in 8 months and neither offense will be in sync. Bills 20-10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jetster said:

I don't believe in that carry over bullspit especially with no preseason games. Bills got better as season went on so it's good to face better teams early like Bill & then 49ers. 

This same Bills team lost in the playoffs, it's not like they were some kind of jaugernaut. They just squeaked in. Mosely opting out really pisses me off now that the true numbers from the CDC are out. 

Dude has as much chance of dying from Covid as I have playing in the freaking NFL! 30 million for 8 plays, GMAFB!

The Bills clinched one of the AFC Wild Cards in week 15 after beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh on SNF.  Weeks 16 and 17 were meaningless games for the BIlls.  I don't think that counts as "just squeaked in".

As a Bills fan I'm really happy Mosely opted out. I don't think the Bills finish the comeback win Week 1 against the Jets last year if Mosely doesn't go out of the game in the second half injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...