JetNation 2-QB, 0.5 point PPR 2020 Fantasy Football league: Join here (and vote on draft day/time)

Jetsfan80

When would you be able to draft?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. When would you be able to draft (choose as many as would work for you)

• Tonight - Sep 6 (7 PM EST)
    • Tonight - Sep 6 (9 PM EST)
    • Monday, Sep 7 (7:15 PM EST)
    • Monday, Sep 7 (8:30 PM EST)
    • Tuesday, Sep 8 (7 PM EST)
    • Tuesday, Sep 8 (8 PM EST)

18 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

8 is way too many. At least make it six, with the top 2 getting a bye. There has to be some reward for having a good record

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll look into it.  2-week matchups help top teams out a lot more than byes though.  

OK, best of both worlds.  It allowed me to do 6 teams with 2-week matchups, without adjusting the regular season end date. 

Top 2 get a bye.  They'd have to wait 2 weeks until their first playoff matchup but oh well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that Week 10 represents the final week of the regular season for our format (6 playoff teams, 2 teams with byes, 2-week matchups ending Week 16).  

Looks like the top 4 have already clinched spots: 

@predator_05 (5-4, 1209 PF) has an insurmountable lead in the "points for" tiebreaker and is all but locked in for a playoff spot as well.  He can end up finishing as high as 3rd and as low as 6th depending on how things break.  He is currently # 1 in the league in points for, making him the most dangerous of the round 1 teams.

@Jet_Engine1 (5-4, 1070 PF) has a similar situation:  He clinches the final playoff spot with a Week 10 win OR by maintaining his tiebreaker lead.  He is +34 on 7th-place @PS17 (4-5, 1035 PF), +51 on 8th-place @heymangold (4-5, 1018 PF), and +71 on 9th-place @JTJet (4-5, 998 PF).

ElBarrio has a bye clinched by virtue of winning his division.  Paradis clinches a bye with a win OR by maintaining his lead (currently +24 over JETS) in the "points for" tiebreaker. The 1-seed is undecided at the moment.  Paradis, ElBarrio, JETS or I could all end up with the 1-seed depending on how the final week goes.

BornJetsFan1983 (3-6, 1153 PF), "Disgruntled Fan" (2-7, 914) and kdels (1-8, 854) are all mathematically eliminated.  Tough break for @BornJetsFan1983, who was 6th in points for.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@predator_05 (5-4, 1209 PF) has an insurmountable lead in the "points for" tiebreaker and is all but locked in for a playoff spot as well.  He can end up finishing as high as 3rd and as low as 6th depending on how things break.  He is currently # 1 in the league in points for, making him the most dangerous of the round 1 teams.

tenor.gif?itemid=7971365

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Drafting James Robinson has been my most brilliant fantasy move in years lol

I thought I had him high enough on my board where I thought it was a lock I'd get him.  I was wrong.  Damn you.

At least I scooped him up in my money league prior to the start of the season!

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, heymangold said:

not like it matters at all but how are the playoff seeds working?  is it top 2 from each division and 2 wildcards?  or top 3 from each division?

Top 2 from each division get the byes.  The other 4 playoff spots are wild cards.  

If the standings remain the same next week as they are now, this would be the playoff bracket:

1) Paradis (BYE)

4) Jetsfan80 vs. 5) predator

----------------------------------

2) ElBarrio (BYE)

3) JustEndTheSuffering vs. 6) Jet_Engine

The playoff bracket is set:

1) @Paradis (BYE)

4) @Just Endure The Suffering vs. 5) @predator_05

---------------------------------------------------------

2) @ElBarrioJets (BYE)

3) Jetsfan80 vs. 6) @Jet_Engine1

Paradis and ElBarrio now get the next 2 weeks off while the 2 Quarterfinal matchups duke it out.  

Tough break for @heymangold, who missed the playoffs via tiebreaker by just 12 total points scored.  Jet Engine barely escaped with the 6-seed.

Good luck everybody!

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) @Paradis (BYE)

2) @ElBarrioJets (BYE)

Paradis and ElBarrio now get the next 2 weeks off while the 2 Quarterfinal matchups duke it out.  

Tough break for @heymangold, who missed the playoffs via tiebreaker by just 12 total points scored.  Jet Engine barely escaped with the 6-seed.

Good luck everybody!

Losing CMC really ruined me

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) @Paradis (BYE)

2) @ElBarrioJets (BYE)

Good luck everybody!

I have 2 weeks to figure out what scrub replaces Drew Brees lol

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @JustEndTheSuffering @predator_05 @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 

I know we're way early, but I wanted to get started ahead of time on the JN Fantasy League so we can establish who is in and how we'll do it this year.  I reactivated the league and already kicked out the "Sell Woody Sell" guy (whoever Vincent Demaria is on here) because he never confirmed who he was, posted in the thread, or did much of anything all season long.  Everyone else is currently still in the league at the moment, so right now we have 11 returning.

Please answer the questions below, when you have a moment:

1) Are you back in?  Please confirm one way or the other.  You'll have basically all or most of the summer to decide but if you don't respond by, say, early-mid August, I'll assume you're out.  I won't invite any new people to join the league until then.  One thing I'd like to request this year is that anyone who is participating include their JN username as part of their team name so there's no confusion on who is who.

2) Do you want to keep the rules the same?  We can adjust in any way you guys see fit.  The only change I'm going to make right now is to remove one of the IR spots.  We don't need 2 now that we can be reasonably confident this season will not be impacted by COVID, or at least not impacted like the 2020 season was.

3) Do you want to make this a money league this year?  I can manage this if you guys want to do so, likely by using Venmo as the means for paying league dues.  It can be as small as $10 each but I would suggest no more than $50 for a league like this, as that's typically been the dues I've seen in JN leagues in the past.

Let me know your thoughts when you have a moment!

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @JustEndTheSuffering @predator_05 @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 

I know we're way early, but I wanted to get started ahead of time on the JN Fantasy League so we can establish who is in and how we'll do it this year.  I reactivated the league and already kicked out the "Sell Woody Sell" guy (whoever Vincent Demaria is on here) because he never confirmed who he was, posted in the thread, or did much of anything all season long.  Everyone else is currently still in the league at the moment, so right now we have 11 returning.

1) Are you back in?  Please confirm one way or the other.  You'll have basically all or most of the summer to decide but if you don't respond by, say, early-mid August, I'll assume you're out.  I won't invite any new people to join the league until then.  One thing I'd like to request this year is that anyone who is participating include their JN username as part of their team name so there's no confusion on who is who.

2) Do you want to keep the rules the same?  We can adjust in any way you guys see fit.  The only change I'm going to make right now is to remove one of the IR spots.  We don't need 2 now that we can be reasonably confident this season will not be impacted by COVID, or at least not impacted like the 2020 season was.

3) Do you want to make this a money league this year?  I can manage this if you guys want to do so, likely by using Venmo as the means for paying league dues.  It can be as small as $10 each but I would suggest no more than $50 for a league like this, as that's typically been the dues I've seen in JN leagues in the past.

I'm definitely in as usual,  cool with however its set up, wouldn't mind throwing in some $$

Thanks for keeping it going!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes I’m in. Content with the current rules. Would love to play for money. I’m happy with $50 but understand if folks want a lesser amount. 

• Upvote 1

I am good either way for a money league, just let me know. 

I REALLY want to to put a fun twist on this since we are using ESPN...

Lets add a coach slot to the roster, it's an option on ESPN. It's pretty fun and can affect a matchup fairly wildly some weeks, just as easily as a player. The concept is really simple, 

Coach win = +5 pts

Coach loss = -5 pts 

I did it in a league a couple years ago and it was pretty fun. We also added a punter slot too. 

• Upvote 1