JetNation 2-QB, 0.5 point PPR 2020 Fantasy Football league: Join here (and vote on draft day/time)

Jetsfan80

When would you be able to draft?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. When would you be able to draft (choose as many as would work for you)

• Tonight - Sep 6 (7 PM EST)
    • Tonight - Sep 6 (9 PM EST)
    • Monday, Sep 7 (7:15 PM EST)
    • Monday, Sep 7 (8:30 PM EST)
    • Tuesday, Sep 8 (7 PM EST)
    • Tuesday, Sep 8 (8 PM EST)

28 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I am good either way for a money league, just let me know. 

I REALLY want to to put a fun twist on this since we are using ESPN...

Lets add a coach slot to the roster, it's an option on ESPN. It's pretty fun and can affect a matchup fairly wildly some weeks, just as easily as a player. The concept is really simple, 

Coach win = +5 pts

Coach loss = -5 pts 

I did it in a league a couple years ago and it was pretty fun. We also added a punter slot too. 

I don’t love this. 

On 9/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Since this season is so crazy due to injuries, I like the setup I chose at the start:  8 playoff teams, with 2-week playoff matchups.  Playoffs start Week 11.  Championship would be Week 15 & 16.

1-week playoff matchups are for the birds.  There's too much volatility/flukiness.  The better team tends to win a 2-week matchup.  I also hate byes.  There should be fantasy play going on every week for all teams.

Sure, my setup waters down the regular season a bit, since only 4 teams would get eliminated during the run to the postseason.  Plus player byes will still be going on in Weeks 11 & 12, the first round of the playoffs.  But with guys like McCaffrey going down for 4-6 weeks and stuff like that, it gives teams a chance to take their lumps now but still have a shot at the playoffs. 

Can we only have the top 4 make the playoffs this time? I didn’t like that 8/12 teams made the playoffs last year. Totally cheapens the regular season. 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I don’t love this. 

56 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Can we only have the top 4 make the playoffs this time? I didn’t like that 8/12 teams made the playoffs last year. Totally cheapens the regular season. 

We can put some of these items to a poll vote eventually.

However, 6 made the playoffs last year, not 8.  I only entertained the idea of 8 getting in because COVID had made it such a strange season.

I like 6 better than 4 because it rewards the top 2 seeds with a bye and an opportunity for you to "hit the reset button" and plan ahead for the later weeks while the other 4 are battling it out.   A 4-team playoff doesn't give any added weight or advantage to having been a top-2 team in the regular season. 

I also like 2-week matchups, so the playoffs ended up being quite long, but I felt worthwhile.  A shorter regular season with 6 getting in and 2 byes to earn certainly can't be cheapened in that light.  

Ultimately, 2-week playoff matchups are more important to me than the 6-team format, so if it comes down to it, I'd much rather do 4 playoff teams with 2-week matchups than a 6-team format with 1-week matchups.  So if/when I create a poll, I'd probably only propose those 2 options:  4-team format with 2-week matchups (4 weeks of playoffs in total, from Weeks 14-17) or 6-team format with 2-week matchups (6 weeks of playoffs in total, from weeks 12-17). 

I must say, having an 18-week season helps things a bit fantasy-wise, that's for sure.

Just now, PS17 said:

Six teams with the top two getting a bye sounds good. I forgot we shrunk the playoffs from eight to six.

Yep I started it at 8 at the beginning of the season, with the assumption that there'd be a lot of mayhem to sort out during the regular season with game cancellations, a massive list of COVID infections, etc.  I didn't want anyone to get screwed out of a playoff spot because of poor management by the NFL. 

Fortunately the season went a lot smoother in the end than it could have, so that wasn't necessary.  

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

I don’t love this. 

We could do +1/-1 or something. 

I like the idea of making it as accurate as you really can. Coaches affect the game just as much as a player, defense, etc.. in another league we just didnt have a coach bench slot so that you had to make a tough decision come the bye week. 

Something different than the standard lineup without going into a full blown defense. 

Didnt we do 2 QBs last year? But had a bench slot for a 3rd? Personally I wasnt wild about that, made waiver pickups impossible. I'm pretty sure at one point I deliberately stashed a QB on my roster to keep him away from others, but felt it was cheap. I could see that in an 8 team league but with 10-12 it's pretty rough. 

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I would only do it for free like last year but it sounds as if you guys want to go ahead and put some cash on the line and I’m not going to hold you back. Good luck everyone. 

Not decided yet, gonna wait to get more opinions and see where we stand.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @JustEndTheSuffering @predator_05 @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 

I know we're way early, but I wanted to get started ahead of time on the JN Fantasy League so we can establish who is in and how we'll do it this year.  I reactivated the league and already kicked out the "Sell Woody Sell" guy (whoever Vincent Demaria is on here) because he never confirmed who he was, posted in the thread, or did much of anything all season long.  Everyone else is currently still in the league at the moment, so right now we have 11 returning.

Please answer the questions below, when you have a moment:

1) Are you back in?  Please confirm one way or the other.  You'll have basically all or most of the summer to decide but if you don't respond by, say, early-mid August, I'll assume you're out.  I won't invite any new people to join the league until then.  One thing I'd like to request this year is that anyone who is participating include their JN username as part of their team name so there's no confusion on who is who.

2) Do you want to keep the rules the same?  We can adjust in any way you guys see fit.  The only change I'm going to make right now is to remove one of the IR spots.  We don't need 2 now that we can be reasonably confident this season will not be impacted by COVID, or at least not impacted like the 2020 season was.

3) Do you want to make this a money league this year?  I can manage this if you guys want to do so, likely by using Venmo as the means for paying league dues.  It can be as small as $10 each but I would suggest no more than $50 for a league like this, as that's typically been the dues I've seen in JN leagues in the past.

Let me know your thoughts when you have a moment!

Oh yeah I want to play, hopefully better this time. sure whatever rules you want is fine wiht me! whatever works on money Im good with it.

• Upvote 1

I do like giving a team a change with the wild card...not just top 4 teams. Sometijmes good teams just have bad luck and if you really are a good team you shouldnt care if you have to take on some scrub 500 team. Also it makes the regualr season more important because you want to get one of top two spots for first orund bye and everyone keeps playing trying to get into the wild card.

I just saw someone comment and wanted to respond.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

What if we do superflex instead of 2QB? Still appropriately values the QB highly but allows for more roster flexibility. 

I assume Superflex can be a QB?  I wouldn't mind that.  Most of the time, I'm sure people would use a QB, but for those unlucky teams who have a QB or 2 that is injured, it would allow them to at least get SOME points out of the spot.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I assume Superflex can be a QB?  I wouldn't mind that.  Most of the time, I'm sure people would use a QB, but for those unlucky teams who have a QB or 2 that is injured, it would allow them to at least get SOME points out of the spot.  

Yes, superflex means you can flex any QB/TE/WR/RB. A nice middle ground between 1 & 2QB. I play dynasty fantasy football and superflex is becoming the standard setting in the community. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Yes, superflex means you can flex any QB/TE/WR/RB. A nice middle ground between 1 & 2QB. I play dynasty fantasy football and superflex is becoming the standard setting in the community. 

Cool deal.  Easy adjustment to make, so I think we can just implement that without even needing a vote.