Bills Vs Jets Week 1

hamat711

4 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

The "mic drop" moment works a lot better when it's actually true, though. He beat the Vikings, Titans in his rookie year (a year in which the Bills number 1 receiver was an Undrafted rookie). Beat the Steelers, Cowboys, Titans all with winning records last year.

Please try again.

Didn’t the Steelers and cowboys finish 8-8? The 2018 Vikings finished 8-7-1 lol so you got him there.. barely 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else in CT with YouTube TV? It says the Jets game is televised on SNY on Sunday. This can't be right, can it? Maybe they have a deal for the first game with CBS? We would normally get the Jets games with Xfinity on CBS, but not sure what will happen with YouTube TV this year. Can you change your zip code if you're close? Just wondering...

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Didn’t the Steelers and cowboys finish 8-8? The 2018 Vikings finished 8-7-1 lol so you got him there.. barely 

Usually you refer to the opponents record at the time you beat them, not at the end of the season.  In that case, he is correct.

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Usually you refer to the opponents record at the time you beat them, not at the end of the season.  In that case, he is correct.

Really? I never looked at it that way. So if you beat a 1-0 team in week 2 that then loses 15 in a row, you can look back and say you beat a winning team?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jacarter220 said:

I'm sure you were so proud last year watching him struggle to beat the entire Bills 2nd and 3rd string up there in OP to keep his "undefeated" streak there intact in a meaningless game in which the Bills (again, because of that whole playoff thing) played their backups the whole game.

The Jets beat the Bills 2nd and 3rd string using their 4th and 5th string.  That's what never gets said.  The team the Jets put on the field was far worse than the team the Bills put on the field that day, and we won.  It's actually a nice accomplishment, means our roster is deeper than most give it credit for.

And history shows you should have started your starters.  Considering how pathetic the Bills are in the playoffs you needed all the practice you could get.

Through the first two weeks of last season, Josh Allen had won the same number of games in that dump called the meadowlands than Sam Darnold had IN THEIR CAREERS. And it's Sammy's home stadium!

Josh Allen isn't a quarterback.  You are running a gadget offense that doesn't take long for NFL defensive coordinators to figure out, and Allen is one hit away from a season ending knee injury.  We've seen this before.  RGIII, Michael Vick, cheap QB scramble yards look smart until they aren't.

Get used to watching the Bills in the playoffs from the couch. The Bills got better. The Jets, well, they're still the Jets, coached by Adam Gase. 

As a Jets fan I am an absolute expert on the promise of a phony playoff team.  The Bills are the very definition of this.  

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys
Steelers

That's what you're hanging your hat on, the weakest 10 wins in the NFL.  And your humiliation in Houston confirms that the Bills weren't a playoff team last year and certainly aren't this year.  The Jets have the promise of possibly being a playoff team; we know the Bills aren't.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Really? I never looked at it that way. So if you beat a 1-0 team in week 2 that then loses 15 in a row, you can look back and say you beat a winning team?

Yeah I think you’ve gotta look at end-of-year record. 

With the one caveat being you disregard the head-to-head result. Otherwise, you end up with true statements like “Allen didn’t beat an over-.500 Cowboys team because Allen beat the Cowboys.”

if the Jets beat the Bills twice this year and the Bills end up 8-8, I think the Jets can claim they twice beat an over-.500 team in the Bills.

• Sympathy 2

The "mic drop" moment works a lot better when it's actually true, though. He beat the Vikings, Titans in his rookie year (a year in which the Bills number 1 receiver was an Undrafted rookie). Beat the Steelers, Cowboys, Titans all with winning records last year.

Please try again.

Jets (7-9)
Giants (4-12)
Bengals (2-14)
Titans (9-7)
Dolphins (5-11)
Redskins (3-13)
Dolphins (5-11)
Broncos (7-9)
Cowboys (8-8)
Steelers (8-8)

Your 10 wins are a joke.  They say the Jets 6-2 finish was against soft teams, your entire playoff season was against soft teams.  You were completely healthy with a returning coaching staff and an improv quarterback and did just enough to eke out 10 wins against the worst teams in the NFL.  That does not make you the heir apparent to the Patriots.  That makes you the Jets in blue uniforms.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I just think it’s funny that Bills fans have 2 wild card appearances in 3 years (both losses to better teams) and they feel so self dignified. It’s nice to see a perennial loser break through, hopefully the jets can soon, but those 2 playoff appearance losses I don’t think qualifies the Bills fans to talk as much crap as they have. 

It's the age-old Upstate Inferiority Complex, we've seen this many times before.  You'd think they'd be satisfied with cow tipping and hotpot cooking in their double-wides to not need to act this way.  Next week they'll adopt the Blue Jays when they pound the Yankees.  So desperate for attention, so needy for respect from we city folk.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's the age-old Upstate Inferiority Complex, we've seen this many times before.  You'd think they'd be satisfied with cow tipping and hotpot cooking in their double-wides to not need to act this way.  Next week they'll adopt the Blue Jays when they pound the Yankees.  So desperate for attention, so needy for respect from we city folk.

SAR I

Technically it’s considered Western NY, but yeah, pretty much. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I've never heard anyone refer to the quality of the team they are playing at the moment they are playing them either.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Bills have all the pressure mind you, 7 point favorites? Media darlings all off season. For their sakes they better win this game right? Let’s see how they deal with it. 

Couldn't be set up better for the Jets.

Short road trip, familiar opponent, no fans in a stadium we've won in recently, and an overconfident opponent without a quarterback who choke in high-pressure situations.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Short road trip, familiar opponent, no fans in a stadium we've won in recently, and an overconfident opponent without a quarterback who choke in high-pressure situations.

SAR I

No fans in stadium? It’s Buffalo dude they will have 35k + in the parking lot. Drunk, lighting themselves on fire and destroying all the portable tables and chairs the local Goodwills have. Still be loud there. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Plus running QBs are adrenaline junkies. Home field usually brings that wave of emotion guys like this feed off of. This game without fans is going to be really strange. Bills fans are pretty boisterous & forgiving. 

The Jets fans? Hell, the boo birds come out pretty early. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No fans in stadium? It’s Buffalo dude they will have 35k + in the parking lot. Drunk, lighting themselves on fire and destroying all the portable tables and chairs the local Goodwills have. Still be loud there. 

The loudest they can go with the artificial noise is 75 decibels.  Thats not as loud as the average NFL game

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Plus running QBs are adrenaline junkies. Home field usually brings that wave of emotion guys like this feed off of. This game without fans is going to be really strange. Bills fans are pretty boisterous & forgiving. 

The Jets fans? Hell, the boo birds come out pretty early. 

I wish they had fans in the stands.  Can't wait until those days come back (assuming they do).

On 9/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, jacarter220 said:

Please try again.

You do understand the difference between the two teams is talent outside of the QB, not the scatter armed RB playing QB in Buffalo.  Well maybe not if you believe our 1st string beat you 2nd stringers.  

On 9/7/2020 at 12:12 PM, The Crusher said:

That is intimidating you know.  

The loudest they can go with the artificial noise is 75 decibels.  Thats not as loud as the average NFL game

We all know when the opponent is down 4 with 2 minutes left , & calling audibles at the line of scrimmage ... the Volume in New England will suddenly exceed those numbers.

There will be no repercussion either

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

Jets win going away. 31-20 Josh Allen hits 3 cardboard fans in the stands completes 51% of his passes if you include them. Gets a garbage time td as the Jets go to the 2nd stringers.  Sam finishes game sacked once. No pics. Bell will rush for 99 yards 

Bills fans will burn their picnic tables at home. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/6/2020 at 9:12 PM, Rangers9 said:

The key is the O line. Is it as good as advertised. If so a big deal unfortunately too late for our former deep threat Robby. We don’t have a deep threat. I am tired of believing that Bell will be impact. From the minute we signed him I thought it was major but so far he’s proved me wrong. As for defense our two best D players aren’t here, Adams and Mosley. So to me we’re going to be a team in the bottom half of NFL defenses. And for us to be successful the team will have to do something they haven’t done in a while: score points. I see the Bills as a better team but still not as good as the Patriots with Cam. Bills 24 Jets 16. 

I think you’re putting way too much stoic in Cam.

He has had 1 great season in his entire career.

On 9/7/2020 at 1:56 AM, SAR I said:

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys
Steelers

Those are your 10 wins from last year.  You know, many Jets fans say that we "suck" because the only games we won last year were against scrubs, they're really down on us because we didn't beat good teams.  Hmm.

Fun Fact:  If the Jets were as healthy as the Bills last year and if the Jets don't lose Darnold to mono for a month, we get 3 wins against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals and we take your playoff spot.  The difference between the Jets and the Bills is mono and a bunch of soft tissue.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms and we have the better quarterback.

Suck on that until Sunday.

SAR I

If you could sell your delusional optimism in a bottle, I’d buy it by the case.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:23 PM, hamat711 said:

Allen Vs Darnold - Who will have the better year? 

Darnold, at least in terms of passing statistics.

How will Adams Gase's Offense do vs Sean Mcdermott's defense?

Not well. Less than 20 points for sure.

Will Quinnen Williams impress or will he be outdone by Ed Oliver.

I don't see either making a huge impact.

How will the defense perform without Jamal Adams?

Very well.

Will Mims and/or Perriman play?

Both will see the field.

Will Gase lean on Leveon Bell?

Nope.

How will Marcus Maye perform in his new role?

He'll thrive, and weather or not we should franchise or extend him will be a season-long storyline.

Will the Jets new secondary be able to contain the upgraded Bills WR group.

They'll blow some plays but overall will be respectable.

Will the Jets new O-line do well vs the Bills D-Line?

Not really.

How will the new Jets WRs do vs the Bills top ranked Pass D?

Not that great.

Will Chris Herndon improve from where he left off?

Yes. He'll be one of the lone bright spots on offense.

How should the Jets attack the Bills on Offense and Defense?

Short passing game on offense. On defense stop the run and contain Allen and make him throw from the pocket.

Predict the score.

Bills 19, Jets 13

I need you guys to start talking about this game because I need something to hold me over till Sunday.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, SAR I said:

The Jets beat the Bills 2nd and 3rd string using their 4th and 5th string.  That's what never gets said.  The team the Jets put on the field was far worse than the team the Bills put on the field that day, and we won.  It's actually a nice accomplishment, means our roster is deeper than most give it credit for.

Wait, what?

Darnold, Bell, Crowder, Anderson, Maye, Adams, Poole, Copeland, Quinnen, etc all played.

The inactive list for that game was only Lewis (ankle), Compton (calf), Thomas (hamstring/ knee), Countess, Travis, Willis, Dixon (illness), and Jackson