Bills Vs Jets Week 1

hamat711

On 9/7/2020 at 11:07 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Really? I never looked at it that way. So if you beat a 1-0 team in week 2 that then loses 15 in a row, you can look back and say you beat a winning team?

And conversely, if you beat a 1-1 team and they go on to a 15-1 record it doesn't count as a win against a winning team

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

ummmm..Pretty sure the Bills beat the Jets week 1 last year.  Just thought I'd put that out there.  Sometimes it pays to do a little fact checking before posting.  Good luck Sunday!

@SAR I counts the missed field goals.... don't ask me why .... Don't ask him why.... According to him we beat you on the field but lost the game.

If you belonged here you know who you were talking to and would know your efforts were futile. Now back into the trash compactor you call a city.

@hamat711 stop bringing these Buffalo Jills here .... We tolerate your sewerbreathed @ssface that should be enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

@SAR I counts the missed field goals.... don't ask me why .... Don't ask him why.... According to him we beat you on the field but lost the game.

If you belonged here you know who you were talking to and would know your efforts were futile. Now back into the trash compactor you call a city.

@hamat711 stop bringing these Buffalo Jills here .... We tolerate your sewerbreathed @ssface that should be enough.

lmao!!  That's the best laugh I've had all day.  I appreciate the explanation and the humor that followed.  I'm not here to cause problems.  I just enjoy reading the view points of opposing fans before we play them and 99.9% of the time I don't even comment unless someone is posting something that is 100% false or just down right illogical.  Regarding Sar and his reason for discrediting the Bills win, Buffalo also had two very fluky turnovers, one of which gave the Jets 7 points and one that stopped the Bills from driving (they were in FG range at the time).  So it goes both ways.

I really do wish you guys good luck on Sunday and I hope you have a nice season.  I've never had a problem with the Jets, only the Patriots and anyone who has followed our teams going back to the 1960's knows that the Bills' biggest rivalry was and will always be against the dolphins, not the Jets.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, RocketBills said:

lmao!!  That's the best laugh I've had all day.  I appreciate the explanation and the humor that followed.  I'm not here to cause problems.  I just enjoy reading the view points of opposing fans before we play them and 99.9% of the time I don't even comment unless someone is posting something that is 100% false or just down right illogical.  Regarding Sar and his reason for discrediting the Bills win, Buffalo also had two very fluky turnovers, one of which gave the Jets 7 points and one that stopped the Bills from driving (they were in FG range at the time).  So it goes both ways.

I really do wish you guys good luck on Sunday and I hope you have a nice season.  I've never had a problem with the Jets, only the Patriots and anyone who has followed our teams going back to the 1960's knows that the Bills' biggest rivalry was and will always be against the dolphins, not the Jets.  

check it out adult swim GIF

?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, InGaseYouMissedIt said:

Bruh I am a jets fan, just a rational one. We lost week 1, and we were lucky to score over 10 points in that game. CJ's one lucky play was almost half our points. 20* jets on IR but starters all over the board versus a team with 2? starters playing.

I really don't think a meaningless Week 17 game against the Bills means much.  The only reason I ever mention is is because Bills fans claim the Jets starters beat the Bills scrubs and the Jets had more scrubs on the field that day.  

56 minutes ago, InGaseYouMissedIt said:

I am going to go out a limb and say that there are not many bills fans actually scared of this seasons jets.

Good.  That's perfect.  Overconfidence is a wonderful thing......for the Jets.  Let your slopping cow-tipping upstate team think they are an elite team so that when they lose it hurts that much more.

57 minutes ago, InGaseYouMissedIt said:

They are a playoff caliber team with a top 3 defense in the NFL, a scary good receiving core, an underrated RB duo and an above average line that brings all of their starters back. 

Your Bills are a playoff sham, you haven't beat a winning team in years, and you ended the season on a 1-4 collapse and a playoff humiliation on national TV.  Something similar happened to our version of Josh Allen, a kid named Mark Sanchez, and he was never the same.  

59 minutes ago, InGaseYouMissedIt said:

Sure, we finished the year 6-2 and played nicely. That's nice but we lost our best defensive player. Our secondary is a mish-mosh of unproven or injury prone players. I think that was more of a coincidence than anything else. This team really lacks difference makers and chemistry on the offensive line and with a schedule as brutal as ours, that will go a long way. 

A team with 20 players on IR, a quarterback not fully recovered from mono, the worst OL and worst rushing attack in the NFL, and sitting at 1-7 won 6 of their last 8 games.  It's because Sam Darnold is the real deal and that's why we're taking the division and not the "buh-buh-buh-we're built better" Bills.  Savvy?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wasn't feeling very good about this one until I saw this.

95% of NFL poll voters only know the Jets from negative media soundbytes and couldn't name two players if their lives depended upon it.

As a Yankees fan, that's about all I know about the San Diego Padres.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

ummmm..Pretty sure the Bills beat the Jets week 1 last year.  Just thought I'd put that out there.  Sometimes it pays to do a little fact checking before posting.  Good luck Sunday!

We were not 2-0 against the Bills last year but we beat them twice.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You didn't beat the Bills twice last year.  What does the box score say?  The final standings?  You've become a huge joke now over at twobillsdrive.com.  Why don't you venture over there and check it out and then add some more of your logic to the conversation.  I'm sure a bunch of the guys would get a huge kick out of it!!

2 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

You didn't beat the Bills twice last year.  What does the box score say?  The final standings?  You've become a huge joke now over at twobillsdrive.com.  Why don't you venture over there and check it out and then add some more of your logic to the conversation.  I'm sure a bunch of the guys would get a huge kick out of it!!

Link? Plz?

Raid war anyone?

IMG_20200217_082254.thumb.jpg.7b9e6766f2a1dddbd642596e3faf2cbf.jpg

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I will say, I was kind of pissed with JD regarding the kicking game & that dude not even coming close on his FGs but looking back & the way the season went, one more win & the Jets don’t get BIG TICKET the future HOF Left Tackle. So it’s all good, probably fate, and JD had a horseshoe up his arse or something? 
Becton- Mims- Davis all turn out to be studs! The game that we lost but really won might be the turning point towards AFC East domination. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Also just wanted to point out that while Allen has a lot of things he needs to work on, so does Sam Darnold.  Why is it that you see him through rose colored glasses but you see Josh as trash?  In 53 career games (college and NFL combined) Darnold has thrown 50 interceptions and has fumbled the ball 30 times.  That is INCREDIBLE.  That is the very definition of a turnover machine.  And yet, I see the potential that he has if he works  hard to clean up his mistakes.  Just wondering why you think he is the 2nd coming of Jesus and why Allen is the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf.  Your hot takes have kept me entertained today and for that I am very appreciative!  

• Thumb Down 1

How quickly you forget how he embarrassed you in your own building.
You are absolutely right. Last time you saw him, he was playing in the playoffs. Sam doesn't have any clue what that even feels like.
The fact that that's your "mic drop" moment says a lot. 

Embarassed is a strong word, Darnold was sick and weak already with Mono and Gase had backed it down. Embarassed would be a blowout, not a lucky comeback.

I'm sure you were so proud last year watching him struggle to beat the entire Bills 2nd and 3rd string up there in OP to keep his "undefeated" streak there intact in a meaningless game in which the Bills (again, because of that whole playoff thing) played their backups the whole game.
Through the first two weeks of last season, Josh Allen had won the same number of games in that dump called the meadowlands than Sam Darnold had IN THEIR CAREERS. And it's Sammy's home stadium! 
Get used to watching the Bills in the playoffs from the couch. The Bills got better. The Jets, well, they're still the Jets, coached by Adam Gase. 

Win a playoff game, then talk shlt, dumba$$

Anyone else in CT with YouTube TV? It says the Jets game is televised on SNY on Sunday. This can't be right, can it? Maybe they have a deal for the first game with CBS? We would normally get the Jets games with Xfinity on CBS, but not sure what will happen with YouTube TV this year. Can you change your zip code if you're close? Just wondering...

Im in Westchester county, NY and it says CBS
IMG_5589.JPG
  • Upvote 1

From what I’ve read the past few years, Bills fans do not like their OC. I think our defense should be prepared for whatever the Bills are going to throw at us. Not to mention, they are not going to come out and be super crisp—Josh Allen can’t do that even if there were preseason games. His turnovers against us are astronomical as well. Our offense really needs to make something happen. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hamat711 said:

I wasn't even alive for that so it doesn't faze me.

You were alive for this:

Jets (7-9)
Giants (4-12)
Bengals (2-14)
Titans (9-7)
Dolphins (5-11)
Redskins (3-13)
Dolphins (5-11)
Broncos (7-9)
Cowboys (8-8)
Steelers (8-8)

What a dominant 10-win season.  LOL.  Only 1 team from the AFC East is making the playoffs this year, and it ain't the Bills, I can tell you that much.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, hamat711 said:

I wasn't even alive for that so it doesn't faze me.

I hope your suffering continues after this week thou :D

Scott Norwood.  A freshman at James Madison University ...in 1978

I was his residence hall director.  Quiet kid.  Read he suffered from depression sometime after his missed kick.

unfairly chastised...   47 yarder was no gimme... especially back almost 40 years ago

6 hours ago, Drums said:

From what I’ve read the past few years, Bills fans do not like their OC. I think our defense should be prepared for whatever the Bills are going to throw at us. Not to mention, they are not going to come out and be super crisp—Josh Allen can’t do that even if there were preseason games. His turnovers against us are astronomical as well. Our offense really needs to make something happen. 

I dunno, there are some grumbles here and there but most Bills fans like Daboll. Hell, he even got some head coach sniffs last year. From camp reports, the O is running pretty smooth and this is the 1st year w allen that the D hasnt had their way with the offense. Im not as cocky as some Bills fans in that ive learned nothing is a sure thing. I hope the Bills win and think they should but with all the unknowns I dont consider it money in the bank. The jets seem to be a little all over the place. An interview from a national pundit summed it up well on the radio today saying they could be the worst team in the league,most likely theyll be a 6 win team, but they also could slide into the last wildcard spot. Throw in a divison game and it being the 1st game w no ps ganes to boot and damned if i know. The Bills should win, but crazier things have happened. Good luck!!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You were alive for this:

Jets (7-9)
Giants (4-12)
Bengals (2-14)
Titans (9-7)
Dolphins (5-11)
Redskins (3-13)
Dolphins (5-11)
Broncos (7-9)
Cowboys (8-8)
Steelers (8-8)

What a dominant 10-win season.  LOL.  Only 1 team from the AFC East is making the playoffs this year, and it ain't the Bills, I can tell you that much.

SAR I

You are impressive. Ive been on most teams message boards over the years and you are, by far the most enthusiastic homer delusional die hard ive ever had the pleasure/displeasure to have read. You really are bonkers - you know that right? Im not sure if thats good or bad honestly....but its its something all right. The crap that spews from your fingers is amazing. Maybe its not a bad thing. Hearts and rainbows 24 hrs a day does sound quite nice. That said, should the unthinkabke happen and the jets loose sunday (and not loose/win but loose loose) i hope some of your fellow fans send people to your residence after to ensure your saftey. To be safe, maybe let a friend borrow or look after your knives, scissors, rope, or anything else potentially dangerous for the weekend. You know... just to be safe?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1