Jump to content
hamat711

Bills Vs Jets Week 1

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Since you won’t be coming back here Sunday night, let me be the first to say I’m sorry about the beatdown and chin-up; you’re only 8 more losses and a few months away from landing a decent quarterback in the 2021 draft. 

SAR I

Thank you brother!  It honestly doesn't matter to me what the outcome is on Sunday.  Like I said, I just want a good clean game for both teams.  Allen will probably have his WTF play and a bone headed fumble and Darnold will probably have a pick 6 and a few gutless 5 yard passes on 3rd and 10.  They are what they are.  But just enjoy the game!!  I will be back Sunday to say congratulations or good game.  Either way, I hope you enjoy it!!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay it's a new Jets season  so I HAVE to say it...um, this is a completely unwinnable game! We have one  of the worst rosters in football AGAIN! Crap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, SAR I said:

The Jets beat the Bills 2nd and 3rd string using their 4th and 5th string.  That's what never gets said.  The team the Jets put on the field was far worse than the team the Bills put on the field that day, and we won.  It's actually a nice accomplishment, means our roster is deeper than most give it credit for.

And history shows you should have started your starters.  Considering how pathetic the Bills are in the playoffs you needed all the practice you could get.

Josh Allen isn't a quarterback.  You are running a gadget offense that doesn't take long for NFL defensive coordinators to figure out, and Allen is one hit away from a season ending knee injury.  We've seen this before.  RGIII, Michael Vick, cheap QB scramble yards look smart until they aren't.

As a Jets fan I am an absolute expert on the promise of a phony playoff team.  The Bills are the very definition of this.  

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys
Steelers

That's what you're hanging your hat on, the weakest 10 wins in the NFL.  And your humiliation in Houston confirms that the Bills weren't a playoff team last year and certainly aren't this year.  The Jets have the promise of possibly being a playoff team; we know the Bills aren't.

SAR I

What are you even talking about? 4th and 5th string? Which one of those guys is a 4th or 5th string player? Darnold? Bell? Crowder? Are you stating that Sam Darnold is not a capable starting QB in this league with that statement?

Why does history show the Bills should have started their starters? They had nothing to gain or lose in that game. 

And you do realize that because the Bills and Jets play in the same division, that they play, for the most part, the same schedule, right?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 1:07 AM, Wonderboy said:

Jets are gonna kick Buffalo Bill’s azz. 
Jets 34 Bills 16 

This is what it will look like at Bills Stadium as the fans jump ship by the end of 3rd quarter.

 

AE6EE62D-DF70-4D9A-B5D6-1C2683E2FF5E.jpeg

You really think the Jets are gonna score 34 points against the Bills' defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

You really think the Jets are gonna score 34 points against the Bills' defense?

blue 32, blue 32, hut hut hike!!!  darnold throws a 6 yard pass, what a mighty strike!!!  goooooooo team!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacarter220 said:

You really think the Jets are gonna score 34 points against the Bills' defense?

No, we don't need to.  We're going to score 20 points against your defense and 14 points against your offense.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, we don't need to.  We're going to score 20 points against your defense and 14 points against your offense.

SAR I

Ashtyn Davis will score the first TD of the season. Book it!

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

blue 32, blue 32, hut hut hike!!!  darnold throws a 6 yard pass, what a mighty strike!!!  goooooooo team!!!!

That’s not really how this trolling things works but good luck Sunday anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

Ashtyn Davis will score the first TD of the season. Book it!

The matchup that matters is what Gregg Williams dials up for Josh Allen.  Last year, he was the gift that keeps on giving.  The Bills were so concerned about Gregg getting in Josh's head in Week 17 they wouldn't let him touch the ball even though he desperately needed the practice and it cost them their playoff game.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The matchup that matters is what Gregg Williams dials up for Josh Allen.  Last year, he was the gift that keeps on giving.  The Bills were so concerned about Gregg getting in Josh's head in Week 17 they wouldn't let him touch the ball even though he desperately needed the practice and it cost them their playoff game.

SAR I

You should sell used BMW’s as a side hustle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The matchup that matters is what Gregg Williams dials up for Josh Allen.  Last year, he was the gift that keeps on giving.  The Bills were so concerned about Gregg getting in Josh's head in Week 17 they wouldn't let him touch the ball even though he desperately needed the practice and it cost them their playoff game.

SAR I

Except for that time that Josh drove the team down the field three times in the fourth quarter and rallied his team from 16 points down in the Jets' building.... against Greggo's defense.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

Except for that time that Josh drove the team down the field three times in the fourth quarter and rallied his team from 16 points down in the Jets' building.... against Greggo's defense.

Oh you mean the same defense he didn't do sh*t against until their All Pro middle linebacker went down and they inserted a rookie in his first game? That defense? 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh you mean the same defense he didn't do sh*t against until their All Pro middle linebacker went down and they inserted a rookie in his first game? That defense? 

Yes.  It's the same exact defense you have now.  Mosely is gone for good and so is Adams...so one might argue it's not as good.  So yes, it is THAT defense.  

Cheers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Yes.  It's the same exact defense you have now.  Mosely is gone for good and so is Adams...so one might argue it's not as good.  So yes, it is THAT defense.  

Cheers!!

Yup same exact situation, year later, Avery Williamson back and not scrambling mid game to figure things out. Other than that, perfectly identical. Cheers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RocketBills said:

Thank you brother!  It honestly doesn't matter to me what the outcome is on Sunday.  Like I said, I just want a good clean game for both teams.  Allen will probably have his WTF play and a bone headed fumble and Darnold will probably have a pick 6 and a few gutless 5 yard passes on 3rd and 10.  They are what they are.  But just enjoy the game!!  I will be back Sunday to say congratulations or good game.  Either way, I hope you enjoy it!!

First of all, a good clean game is out of the question. They haven’t even had a preseason game. Darnold never dumps down on 3rd and long unless his line is going to get him flattened. You are right about Allen - will do something that leaves you scratching your head and Darnold may throw a pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yup same exact situation, year later, Avery Williamson back and not scrambling mid game to figure things out. Other than that, perfectly identical. Cheers!!

hahaahah...you can sugar coat it all you want but no Mosely and no Adams.  You are missing the two best players from your entire team, not just the defense.  Ohh yeah, they were also two of your biggest leaders as well.  Add to that list Marcus Maye who is trending towards not playing on Sunday (see updated injury report which is now easily accessible online) and the D looks even weaker.  Then on offense, a player many on this message board has been raving about lately, Mimms, looks to be out for Sunday as well.  All in all, ,not looking that good for you guys at this point.  For the Bills, Norman will not be playing but no biggie.  Our true 2nd CB Wallace has been a full participant  in practice 2 days in a row so the Bills will be just fine.

All of that said, the Bills should win by 10+ BUT it's a divisional game and the first game of the season so this one could go either way.  You never know.  I'm not trying to be an ass.  Just stating some logical facts here.  

goodluck on sunday.  may the best team win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacarter220 said:

Except for that time that Josh drove the team down the field three times in the fourth quarter and rallied his team from 16 points down in the Jets' building.... against Greggo's defense.

....when the essential piece to the defense went out injured.

No one fears the Bills.  Sorry.  You want respect?  You want city slickers to consider the Cow Tippers a threat?  Go beat some quality teams.  Shouldn't be hard to do. 

Start by beating a winning team and a quarterback not named Marcus Mariotta.  You haven't done that in 3 years.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Bills fans you didn't listen to us when we warned you about Rex, you are not listening now.  Ignore Jets fan wisdom at your own peril!

If I was a Bills fan I would be terrified, as the the national media are all on the Bills bandwagon and have made them the darling team of the NFL which is a worse curse than cover of Madden.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

....when the essential piece to the defense went out injured.

not named Marcus Mariotta.  You haven't done that in 3 years.

SAR I

that essential piece to the defense is out permanently now, along with the leader of your entire team, Adams.  I foresee fun times ahead in your future!  But in all seriousness, if you truly see the Jets as the better team despite the roster breakdown, then good for you!  I used to be an eternal optimist also and I applaud you for it.  Win or lose I will be back on Sunday to say Congrats to you OR to say good game and better luck next time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

47 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

First of all, a good clean game is out of the question. They haven’t even had a preseason game.

You are going to see a lot of good clean games this weekend because NFL coaches are smart enough to keep it simple and keep it conservative.  The teams that take big chances on plays that require exotic personnel packages or take too long to develop are the ones who are going to get in trouble with penalties and turnovers.

Crowder
Hogan
Herndon
Griffin

That's the game right there.  Two-step dink-doink Darnold passing, Ground & Pound with Bell & Gore.  Rainy and windy dreary weather.  It's going to be a Rex Ryan throwback game.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

that essential piece to the defense is out permanently now,

Mosley wasn't there when we went 6-2 at the end of the season either.

8 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

along with the leader of your entire team, Adams. 

Adams seems to have alienated more Jets in the locker-room than he did leading them.  Adams had an impact, but he's essentially a linebacker, he's not an essential coverage guy, his impact in the secondary is minimal.  Gregg knows how to dial up a blitz, there are others who can fill that role.  The secondary will surely be better than it was last year, and our pass rush too.  That's what happens when the 20 guys on your IR come back and are ready to go Week 1.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dear Bills fans you didn't listen to us when we warned you about Rex, you are not listening now.  Ignore Jets fan wisdom at your own peril!

If I was a Bills fan I would be terrified, as the the national media are all on the Bills bandwagon and have made them the darling team of the NFL which is a worse curse than cover of Madden.

The last time we saw Josh Allen under pressure he was on a 1-4 slide ending with an embarrassing playoff debut in Houston.  By the time the Bills listen to us and draft an actual quarterback, the core of the McDermott team will be packing their bags and heading to free agency.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

 

You are going to see a lot of good clean games this weekend because NFL coaches are smart enough to keep it simple and keep it conservative.  The teams that take big chances on plays that require exotic personnel packages or take too long to develop are the ones who are going to get in trouble with penalties and turnovers.

Crowder
Hogan
Herndon
Griffin

That's the game right there.  Two-step dink-doink Darnold passing, Ground & Pound with Bell & Gore.  Rainy and windy dreary weather.  It's going to be a Rex Ryan throwback game.

SAR I

Take it from someone who watched every Bills game last season, Gore is finished!  He started off the season okay, not great, but average I'd say.  But by the middle of the season he was average 2.4 yards per carry.  He has no more elusvivness to his game.  If the hole is not there, he hits the man in front of him and goes down like a sack of bricks.  Expect a lot of no gains, loss of one yards, and 1 and 2 yard runs.  sure, he will have a 10 or 20 yard run here and there, but that won't lost long.  Father time caught up to him last year and I don't expect much at all from him this year.  

Regarding the weather, by game time the chance of rain drops down to around 50% and most of that will be scattered showers.  It's not going to be a wash out by any stretch.  May even be a decent afternoon, just overcast with the occasional quick rain shower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He wasn't there when we went 6-2 at the end of the season either.

Adams seems to have alienated more Jets in the locker-room than he did leading them.  Adams had an impact, but he's essentially a linebacker, he's not an essential coverage guy, his impact in the secondary is minimal.  Gregg knows how to dial up a blitz, there are others who can fill that role.  The secondary will surely be better than it was last year, and our pass rush too.  That's what happens when the 20 guys on your IR come back and are ready to go Week 1.

SAR I

Like I said, good luck to you. If you really think the Jets are somehow a better team without Mosely and Adams, I want to know where I can get my hands on a pair of those rose colored glasses.  They must be really nice!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entire roster is hurt. Nothing changes with this franchise. Highest paid player opts out. Entire draft class besides Becton injured. Sell the damn team. Gotta be the most hopeless week 1 in a while and that’s saying a lot. I don’t think Darnold is very good but Jesus Christ this roster isn’t remotely competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The last time we saw Josh Allen under pressure he was on a 1-4 slide ending with an embarrassing playoff debut in Houston.  By the time the Bills listen to us and draft an actual quarterback, the core of the McDermott team will be packing their bags and heading to free agency.

SAR I

You do realize one of those losses came on the road to the Partiots where the Bills were leading going into the 4th quarter and played them very well and had a chance to win at the end.  Also, another loss was against a top 3 team in the entire NFL, the Ravens, where the Bills dug their way out of a hole and had a fantastic chance to tie it to send it to overtime.  The Jets game they rested their starters and had no game plan going into the game except to stay healthy and fresh for the playoffs.  If you want to say a 1-3 slide, that's much more accurate.  Just don't discredit who they lost to and how close both games were.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Like I said, good luck to you. If you really think the Jets are somehow a better team without Mosely and Adams, I want to know where I can get my hands on a pair of those rose colored glasses.  They must be really nice!!

The Jets are not a better team without Mosley and Adams.

But the 2020 Jets are a better team than the 2019 Jets because a) we don't have 20 players on IR in 2020 like we did in 2019 and b) Mosley didn't play at all.  Look at it to last year, Adams costs us a half-a-sack per game.  But we're getting back 10 defenders that couldn't play last year and that makes up the difference.  And on offense, forget it, the OL is rebuilt, the WR's and RB's are healthy, and Sam Darnold isn't sick.  We have a kicker that can hit the side of the barn, too.

Spend less time worrying about the Jets and more time worrying about the Bills.  You can't beat winning teams and you are hitched to a bad quarterback.  Your 10 wins last year against a cake schedule can't happen this year because you're only going to have around 5 games against such scrubs.  And Josh can only run around for so long until he takes that inevitable hit that ends his season.  The Jets are flawed, but a great QB can overcome those deficiencies.  Ain't nothing going to help the Bills until you bench Allen.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Entire roster is hurt. Nothing changes with this franchise. Highest paid player opts out. Entire draft class besides Becton injured. Sell the damn team. Gotta be the most hopeless week 1 in a while and that’s saying a lot. I don’t think Darnold is very good but Jesus Christ this roster isn’t remotely competitive.

eeyore3.jpg

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are not a better team without Mosley and Adams.

But the 2020 Jets are a better team than the 2019 Jets because we don't have 20 players on IR in 2020 and we did in 2019 and Mosley didn't play at all.  Look at it to last year, Adams costs us a half-a-sack per game.  But we're getting back 10 defenders that couldn't play last year and that makes up the difference.  And on offense, forget it, the OL is rebuilt, the WR's and RB's are healthy, and Sam Darnold isn't sick.

Spend less time worrying about the Jets and more time worrying about the Bills.  You can't beat winning teams and you are hitched to a bad quarterback.  Your 10 wins last year against a cake schedule can't happen this year because you're only going to have around 5 games against such scrubs.  And Josh can only run around for so long until he takes that inevitable hit that ends his season.  The Jets are flawed, but a great QB can overcome those deficiencies.  Ain't nothing going to help the Bills until you bench Allen.

SAR I

Actually, as a non Jet's fan I'm surprised I've found a true Jets fan who seems to know less about the current state of his team than I do.  The OL is rebuilt?  Okay.  You do realize continuity on the offense line is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for an o line right?  You have none of that going into week one.  It could take half a season or more for them to gel, and that's IF they do gel.  Mimm's is hurting right now so one of your speedier receivers with some size is not healthy.  Gore may be healthy but he is OLD!!  

Say what you want to about the Bills not being able to beat a good team and Josh not being the answer.  He improved quite a bit from year one to year two and I expect a huge leap in year 3.  If it doesn't happen, guess what?  Life goes on!!  I'm not saying the Bills are a super bowl caliber team by ANY stretch of the imagination.  I'm just saying that at least on paper, The bills are miles ahead of where the Jets are right now.  Again, I'll come back Sunday night win or lose.  I just hope for a good, clean, and fun game!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 4:20 PM, RocketBills said:

You didn't beat the Bills twice last year.  What does the box score say?  The final standings?  You've become a huge joke now over at twobillsdrive.com.  Why don't you venture over there and check it out and then add some more of your logic to the conversation.  I'm sure a bunch of the guys would get a huge kick out of it!!

Why don’t you run back to the other geniuses at threesollarbills.com and share a laugh over being trolled and getting sucked right in like the rest of the group who come here before our games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

You do realize one of those losses came on the road to the Partiots where the Bills were leading going into the 4th quarter and played them very well and had a chance to win at the end.  Also, another loss was against a top 3 team in the entire NFL, the Ravens, where the Bills dug their way out of a hole and had a fantastic chance to tie it to send it to overtime.

You're describing the NFL also-ran's, the group of pedestrian teams that fuddle around 7-9 and 9-7 for a few years and who can beat all the scrubs on their schedule each year (except 1) and lose to all the winning teams on their schedule each year (except 1).  What makes a team among the elite is when they keep up that level of easy scrub victories and consistently beat the quality teams too.  And the window for a team without a top tier quarterback is 2-3 years.  

The Bills are a carbon copy of the Herm Edwards Chad Pennington Jets.  Eke out 9 or 10 scrub wins when the schedule-maker serves up a cake schedule, can't beat a bigtime elite team, quarterback who plays small in the biggest games, shown the door very quickly in the playoffs, fizzle back to losing when they age-out.

Again, Jets fans know how to spot this far better than Bills fans do because we actually made the playoffs 7 times and won 6 playoff games in the last 19 seasons.  Trust us on this one.  The Bills aren't going anywhere and you're wasting a quality defensive core and a decent head coach on the wrong quarterback.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why don’t you run back to the other geniuses at threesollarbills.com and share a laugh over being trolled and getting sucked right in like the rest of the group who come here before our games

I'm not sure what threesollarbills.com is (it's hard to copy and paste isn't it?) but I've neither been trolled now sucked into anything.  I will admit, I am a little surprised at the optimistic outlook on this season 90% of you guys have based on the current state of the roster, BUT, I do get it.  This time of year hope springs eternal!  It always does.  And I've been in your shoes before many, many times.   I wish you the best of luck this season and except for the two games you play us, I hope you have a great and successful season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You're describing the NFL also-ran's, the group of pedestrian teams that fuddle around 7-9 and 9-7 who can beat all the scrubs on their schedule each year (except 1) and lose to all the winning teams on their schedule each year (except 1).  What makes a team among the elite is when they keep up that level of easy scrub victories and consistently beat the quality teams too.  And the window for a team without a top tier quarterback is 2-3 years.  

The Bills are a carbon copy of the Herm Edwards Chad Pennington Jets.  Eke out 9 or 10 scrub wins when the schedule-maker serves up a cake schedule, can't beat a bigtime elite team, quarterback who plays small in the biggest games, shown the door very quickly in the playoffs.

Again, Jets fans know this far better than Bills fans do because we actually made the playoffs 7 times and won 6 playoff games in the last 19 seasons.  Trust us on this one.  The Bills aren't going anywhere and you're wasting a quality defensive core on the wrong quarterback.

SAR I

You might be wrong.  You might be right.  Either way, who cares?  It's just a game.  It's fun to have some banter back and forth and as I keep saying, I applaud you for wearing your rose colored glasses this year because I know what that's like!  To have nothing but hope and a wing and a prayer going into what will probably be another long and disappointing season.  I think the Bills will actually turn the corner this year and I also think Josh will play like a top 15 QB, BUT , again, who cares?  It's a game.  I'll enjoy the ride either way as I know you will also.  TGIF!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Actually, as a non Jet's fan I'm surprised I've found a true Jets fan who seems to know less about the current state of his team than I do. 

You know what the media feeds you.  I know something more important.

23 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

The OL is rebuilt?  Okay.  You do realize continuity on the offense line is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for an o line right?  You have none of that going into week one.  It could take half a season or more for them to gel, and that's IF they do gel. 

The Jets went 6-2 last year with an OL that a) had far lesser talent and b) was a constant revolving door with different starters in different positions practically every week.  If our coaching staff proved one thing last year its that they can improvise brilliantly.  And they've had 2 months to get this perfectly healthy new OL to "gel" as opposed to the customary 6 days they had to work with last year.

23 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Mimm's is hurting right now so one of your speedier receivers with some size is not healthy.  Gore may be healthy but he is OLD!!  

We don't need Mims for this wet and windy game.  We need Crowder, Hogan, Herndon, and Griffin.  Short stuff.  Protects the new OL, keeps Darnold clean, and neutralizes your strengths.  And Gore is old but that will bite us in November.  We good in September.

23 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

I'm not saying the Bills are a super bowl caliber team by ANY stretch of the imagination.  I'm just saying that at least on paper, The bills are miles ahead of where the Jets are right now. 

And that's where you're wrong.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  What we lack on the roster you lack at quarterback, it's a wash.  Your window has closed and you don't even realize it.  Jets fans in 2011 didn't see it either.  It's like that when you're a longshot who rebuilt quickly and are fed delusions of grandeur from a thirsty media.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...