Bills Vs Jets Week 1

hamat711

14 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

It's fun to have some banter back and forth and as I keep saying, I applaud you for wearing your rose colored glasses this year because I know what that's like! 

I enjoy the banter, and it's been fun this week, you're a cool visitor, no worries there.

But I don't wear rose-colored glasses.  I was impressed by Gase, Gregg, and Darnold's resiliency last year.  That 6-2 finish against planes flying for Gase's head, Mosley going down, the OL going down, mononucleosis, Simiean's injury, 18 other players on IR, it showed me a lot and I believe in this team more now than I have in the last 10 seasons.  Darnold is for real.  Gase is a strong head coach.  Gregg is a strong DC.  They've hired strong coaches.  

There is no doubt that, if healthy, the 7-9 Jets would have gone 10-6 and taken the Bills playoff berth.  That's what we're building upon this season.  That's not rose-coloring.  That's fact.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

I'm not sure what threesollarbills.com is (it's hard to copy and paste isn't it?) but I've neither been trolled now sucked into anything.  I will admit, I am a little surprised at the optimistic outlook on this season 90% of you guys have based on the current state of the roster, BUT, I do get it.  This time of year hope springs eternal!  It always does.  And I've been in your shoes before many, many times.   I wish you the best of luck this season and except for the two games you play us, I hope you have a great and successful season.  

Now that sounds good as fans should feel.

I hope we beat the shlt out of the Bills on Sunday 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You know what the media feeds you.  I know something more important.

The Jets went 6-2 last year with an OL that a) had far lesser talent and b) was a constant revolving door with different starters in different positions practically every week.  If our coaching staff proved one thing last year its that they can improvise brilliantly.  And they've had 2 months to get this perfectly healthy new OL to "gel" as opposed to the customary 6 days they had to work with last year.

We don't need Mims for this wet and windy game.  We need Crowder, Hogan, Herndon, and Griffin.  Short stuff.  Protects the new OL, keeps Darnold clean, and neutralizes your strengths.  And Gore is old but that will bite us in November.  We good in September.

And that's where you're wrong.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  What we lack on the roster you lack at quarterback, it's a wash.  Your window has closed and you don't even realize it.  Jets fans in 2011 didn't see it either.  It's like that when you're a longshot who rebuilt quickly and are fed delusions of grandeur from a thirsty media.

SAR I

I honestly mean this 100%.  I respect you and your opinion.  I also respect your fandom.  Loyal, optimistic, and willing to trade a few barbs in a respectful way.  I will take what you've said with a grain of salt and of course I know that Josh Allen may end up falling flat on his face.  Just like those before him....JP, Edwards, Fitzy, Tyrod, and the list goes on and on.  The one thing that give me more hope for Allen than any of the guys I just mentioned is his incredible work ethic.   He came out of college raw and everyone knew he was a project.  That project improved his completion percentage from year one to year two from 52.8 to 58.8%.  Astronomically improved his TD to INT ratio.  Improved the weakest part of his game (The intermediate range 10-20 yard passes).  He worked extremely hard on that in the offseason and it paid off handsomely last season.  This off season he has spoken about working just as hard to cut down on his mistakes (WTF Plays..most of which are caused by him wanting to do too much instead of leaning on his teammates OR just learning to give up on a play at times) AND working on his deep ball accuracy which by all accounts form his teammates, reporters, and the camp videos I've seen, his deep ball is night and day better than last season.  He is no longer trying to aim 'push' it deep like a cannon shot.  He is now trusting his receivers and throwing to a spot and his deep ball looks beautiful.  I'm just saying, he promised to work on his intermediate game in year 1 offseason and he was a man of his word.  I expect his weak areas to improve dramatically in year 3.  When he says he is going to do something , he does it.  The narrative that he is an inaccurate QB just isn't as true as people would like to believe it is.  It's narrow minded and very short sided.  Not only has his completion % improved dramatically in just one year, his receivers dropped more balls than any other team in the nfl AND he got better at throwing the ball away as the season went on.  I just think there is something very special about him and for being a project QB, he keeps improving and is set to make a gigantic leap this season.  My opinion of course.  

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

You might be wrong.  You might be right.  Either way, who cares?  It's just a game.  It's fun to have some banter back and forth and as I keep saying, I applaud you for wearing your rose colored glasses this year because I know what that's like!  To have nothing but hope and a wing and a prayer going into what will probably be another long and disappointing season.  I think the Bills will actually turn the corner this year and I also think Josh will play like a top 15 QB, BUT , again, who cares?  It's a game.  I'll enjoy the ride either way as I know you will also.  TGIF!!

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I enjoy the banter, and it's been fun this week, you're a cool visitor, no worries there.

But I don't wear rose-colored glasses.  I was impressed by Gase, Gregg, and Darnold's resiliency last year.  That 6-2 finish against planes flying for Gase's head, Mosley going down, the OL going down, mononucleosis, Simiean's injury, 18 other players on IR, it showed me a lot and I believe in this team more now than I have in the last 10 seasons.  Darnold is for real.  Gase is a strong head coach.  Gregg is a strong DC.  They've hired strong coaches.  

There is no doubt that, if healthy, the 7-9 Jets would have gone 10-6 and taken the Bills playoff berth.  That's what we're building upon this season.  That's not rose-coloring.  That's fact.

SAR I

I hope you are right my friend.  I want the Bills and Jets to have a competitive rivalry and to also beat up on the Pats for years to come!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Completely, 100% unwinnable game with  our totally  depleted, subpar roster. I am just going to watch for signs  of hope, knowing  it's an L. You are insasne if you have any hope of a W in this game. We will be lucky  to gain  a yard.

Is this some sort of reverse-jinx kinda thing?  

A lesser roster won 6 of their last 8 games against quarterbacks like Allen, not sure what you're afraid of.

Next week, 49ers, sure.  But this week?  Please.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, hamat711 said:

1 - How will Adams Gase's Offense do vs Sean Mcdermott's defense?

2 - Will Quinnen Williams impress or will he be outdone by Ed Oliver.

3 - How will the defense perform without Jamal Adams?

4 - Will Mims and/or Perriman play?

5 - Will Gase lean on Leveon Bell?

6 - How will Marcus Maye perform in his new role?

7 - Will the Jets new secondary be able to contain the upgraded Bills WR group.

8 - Will the Jets new O-line do well vs the Bills D-Line?

9 - How will the new Jets WRs do vs the Bills top ranked Pass D?

I need you guys to start talking about this game because I need something to hold me over till Sunday.

1- I dont expect much from Gase. I think Gase will be again underwhelming overall with a couple of highs and low spike performances.

2 - QW will not impress. 

3 - The safety play will not be affected much, however the situational rushing will miss him. 

4 - No, and yes. 

5 - No

6 . He will be the same thing he was last year. 

7 - Yes

8 - Yes

9 - Not well

Just don't see how we are going to pull this one out.  Seems like everybody knows it too.  First two weeks are basically write offs.  Sorry.  Can't see it any other way.  Hope I'm wrong.  That Bell/Herndon consistently get free along with Sam finding other ways to move the chains.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

this could make the game closer, and i wouldn't love having allen as my qb in a downpour.

I don’t know, things that I’d assume would benefit a quarterback in the rain - like a strong arm, the ability to scramble and extend plays, and strong grip - are all things that Allen has.

I think I’d actually prefer to have Allen in bad weather than in good weather.

I was checking out a Bills forum and they think they will beat us by 40 points. Maybe if they start Barkley and we bring back Todd Bowles, but I watched the last two games Josh Allen played against the Jets and he is 1-1, with a lot of turnovers. I won't be surprised if we lose but I think it will be way closer than that.

25 minutes ago, Ecmic said:

I don’t know, things that I’d assume would benefit a quarterback in the rain - like a strong arm, the ability to scramble and extend plays, and strong grip - are all things that Allen has.

I think I’d actually prefer to have Allen in bad weather than in good weather.

Gotta keep Allen in the pocket

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

I was checking out a Bills forum and they think they will beat us by 40 points. Maybe if they start Barkley and we bring back Todd Bowles, but I watched the last two games Josh Allen played against the Jets and he is 1-1, with a lot of turnovers. I won't be surprised if we lose but I think it will be way closer than that.

Bills fans chugging ESPN koolaid

• Upvote 1

I just think that three factors  - 1. Chronically bad drafting 2. Chronic, widespread injury  3. Losing out to free agents (not as badly as #1 and 2, perhaps) have left us, yet again, with an almost college-level roster. Add in losing a Probowl safety. We just can't seem to field a pro team for one reason or another. I do think we'll lose by at least 3 touchdowns. Maybe less if the rain keeps the score low.

But I don't see any way at all to get a win tomorrow. No phases of our game are good enough.

As always, will be very happy to be wrong.

DC

19 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

I just think that three factors  - 1. Chronically bad drafting 2. Chronic, widespread injury  3. Losing out to free agents (not as badly as #1 and 2, perhaps) have left us, yet again, with an almost college-level roster. Add in losing a Probowl safety. We just can't seem to field a pro team for one reason or another. I do think we'll lose by at least 3 touchdowns. Maybe less if the rain keeps the score low.

But I don't see any way at all to get a win tomorrow. No phases of our game are good enough.

DC

Rain could be a mitigating factor. Good point.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:23 PM, hamat711 said:

Allen Vs Darnold - Who will have the better year? 

How will Adams Gase's Offense do vs Sean Mcdermott's defense?

Will Quinnen Williams impress or will he be outdone by Ed Oliver.

How will the defense perform without Jamal Adams?

Will Mims and/or Perriman play?

Will Gase lean on Leveon Bell?

How will Marcus Maye perform in his new role?

Will the Jets new secondary be able to contain the upgraded Bills WR group.

Will the Jets new O-line do well vs the Bills D-Line?

How will the new Jets WRs do vs the Bills top ranked Pass D?

Will Chris Herndon improve from where he left off?

How should the Jets attack the Bills on Offense and Defense?

Predict the score.

I need you guys to start talking about this game because I need something to hold me over till Sunday.

You ask a lot of questions 

On 9/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, RocketBills said:

I honestly mean this 100%.  I respect you and your opinion.  I also respect your fandom.  Loyal, optimistic, and willing to trade a few barbs in a respectful way.  I will take what you've said with a grain of salt and of course I know that Josh Allen may end up falling flat on his face.  Just like those before him....JP, Edwards, Fitzy, Tyrod, and the list goes on and on.  The one thing that give me more hope for Allen than any of the guys I just mentioned is his incredible work ethic.   He came out of college raw and everyone knew he was a project.  That project improved his completion percentage from year one to year two from 52.8 to 58.8%.  Astronomically improved his TD to INT ratio.  Improved the weakest part of his game (The intermediate range 10-20 yard passes).  He worked extremely hard on that in the offseason and it paid off handsomely last season.  This off season he has spoken about working just as hard to cut down on his mistakes (WTF Plays..most of which are caused by him wanting to do too much instead of leaning on his teammates OR just learning to give up on a play at times) AND working on his deep ball accuracy which by all accounts form his teammates, reporters, and the camp videos I've seen, his deep ball is night and day better than last season.  He is no longer trying to aim 'push' it deep like a cannon shot.  He is now trusting his receivers and throwing to a spot and his deep ball looks beautiful.  I'm just saying, he promised to work on his intermediate game in year 1 offseason and he was a man of his word.  I expect his weak areas to improve dramatically in year 3.  When he says he is going to do something , he does it.  The narrative that he is an inaccurate QB just isn't as true as people would like to believe it is.  It's narrow minded and very short sided.  Not only has his completion % improved dramatically in just one year, his receivers dropped more balls than any other team in the nfl AND he got better at throwing the ball away as the season went on.  I just think there is something very special about him and for being a project QB, he keeps improving and is set to make a gigantic leap this season.  My opinion of course.  

Josh blows. He choked in the playoffs and he will regress big time starting tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Jennifer27 said:

Josh blows. He choked in the playoffs and he will regress big time starting tomorrow.

Sorry but I’d take Allen over Darnold. And I think this year will prove that.

Im still not losing all hope in Darnold. I think he can be a Alex Smith / Rivers quality player.

But I don’t see superstar potential in him.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I was checking out a Bills forum and they think they will beat us by 40 points.

LOL, the fact that they have bought into this media hype is so delicious.  Oh, the fall back down to Earth is going to be spectacular.  It almost makes me feel bad for them.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

DC

Eyeore, get a good nights sleep.  You are overthinking this.  A far lesser Jets team routinely beat teams of the Bills caliber over the course of the last 8 weeks of last season.

The only people who believe the Bills are an elite team are Bills fans.  They open wide and swallow what the media is feeding them, not realizing these narratives are scripted.  Pats are over, Jets are buttfumbles, Bills made the playoffs last year, that's what a 3rd grader would say.  And that's why the media is saying it.

SAR I

1 minute ago, DonMaynardFan said:

What’s your prediction for tomorrow?

Jets 40
Bills 23

That's what I've been saying for the past few weeks.  Weather is bad, so the totals might shrink, but Jets by 17.  Up by 10 late, Allen predictably throws a pick six to ice it, something like that.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets 40
Bills 23

That's what I've been saying for the past few weeks.  Weather is bad, so the totals might shrink, but Jets by 17.  Up by 10 late, Allen predictably throws a pick six to ice it, something like that.

SAR I

Yeah with the weather saying rain, I don’t know that either team score 30+.

• Upvote 1