Bills Vs Jets Week 1

hamat711

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Eyeore, get a good nights sleep.  You are overthinking this.  A far lesser Jets team routinely beat teams of the Bills caliber over the course of the last 8 weeks of last season.

The only people who believe the Bills are an elite team are Bills fans.  They open wide and swallow what the media is feeding them, not realizing these narratives are scripted.  Pats are over, Jets are buttfumbles, Bills made the playoffs last year, that's what a 3rd grader would say.  And that's why the media is saying it.

SAR I

This is categorically untrue. They are very respected team by many. Especially with so much continuity from last year, which is a HUGE factor in the NFL. (See the New England Patriots.) One member of my favorite Fantasy podcast, The Fantasy Footballers, has the Bills winning it all.

Tomorrow is going to be brutal for our subpar, decimated by injury team. I feel so, so bad for Sam Darnold. We're 0 and 1. And yes, this is probably me trying to get a Win for the Jets by reverse psychology!

41 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

This is categorically untrue. They are very respected team by many. Especially with so much continuity from last year, which is a HUGE factor in the NFL.

What I said is completely true.  The media is a storyteller, and the story of the Jets (sucking), Patriots (over), and Bills (great) is as fake as the paper its printed on.  Saying nice things about the Jets gets no clicks.  Just look at you-  you eat this negative crap up, you love it.

As a Jets fan, you should be thrilled with the Bills "continuity" because the core of that team has a) never beaten winning teams, b) has no quarterback, and c) gets blown out of playoff games.  This team hasn't improved over last year at all, and these types of lucky fringe playoff teams only last 2-3 seasons, the Bills window has already closed.

48 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Tomorrow is going to be brutal for our subpar, decimated by injury team.

Last year, a Jets team in far worse shape beat the Bills twice and finished 6-2 down the stretch beating teams of the Bills caliber.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  We'd have taken their playoff spot last year if healthy.  

SAR I

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What I said is completely true.  The media is a storyteller, and the story of the Jets (sucking), Patriots (over), and Bills (great) is as fake as the paper its printed on.  Saying nice things about the Jets gets no clicks.  Just look at you-  you eat this negative crap up, you love it.

As a Jets fan, you should be thrilled with the Bills "continuity" because the core of that team has a) never beaten winning teams, b) has no quarterback, and c) gets blown out of playoff games.  This team hasn't improved over last year at all, and these types of lucky fringe playoff teams only last 2-3 seasons, the Bills window has already closed.

Last year, a Jets team in far worse shape beat the Bills twice and finished 6-2 down the stretch beating teams of the Bills caliber.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  We'd have taken their playoff spot last year if healthy.  

SAR I

Okay, man where to begin.

1. Yes, they are improved. Stefon Diggs alone refutes this point.

2. No, no, no. You are 100% wrong - we did NOT beat the Bills twice last year. We lost to them on opening day, (as Josh Allen moved the ball with ease on us when he needed to.) The second time, we beat them, barely counts in my book. Starters were rested.

Jesus, come on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets 40
Bills 23

That's what I've been saying for the past few weeks.  Weather is bad, so the totals might shrink, but Jets by 17.  Up by 10 late, Allen predictably throws a pick six to ice it, something like that.

SAR I

LOL.

An Adam Gase offense has faced a Sean McDermott defense five times, and the average Gase offensive output is 16 points.

Last year, against the Bills backup defense, with WR Isaiah McKenzie playing corner, the Jets put up 13 points.

But now, all of the sudden, with Breshad Perriman and Chris Hogan at WR and a brand new offensive line in their first game together, the Jets are gonna come out and hang 40 on the Bills? 

Sure man.

It wouldn't shock me if the Jets somehow pulled out a win. It's week one of a very strange season with no preseason games and a wonky offseason. If that happens, though, expect something more like 17-16 or 20-17. But 40 points? Just crazy talk. The Bills gave up more than 24 points just ONCE last year. But Sam Darnold and Breshad Perriman are hanging 40?! Sure.

Enjoy the game. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

You still can't convince me that the offense would be any worse with Rex at the helm. And then at least we'd have one unit functioning effectively.

Greg Williams is not the problem.

When you have no pass rushers, and no corners, and your offense gets a 1st down once a quarter, your defense isn't going to do much.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, SAR I said:

As a head coach, McDermott is Herman Edwards.  Can beat every losing team on the schedule (except 1 each year) and lose to every elite team on the schedule (except 1 each year) and then chokes in the playoffs.  He's 0-6 against Bill Belichick, FYI.  For such a 'great' head coach he couldn't pass the one big litmus test in the division despite 2 playoff appearances.  Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles all figured out a way to beat the Pats, but nope, not McDermott.  

As for Sunday, Gase knows how to coach in incredibly difficult roster circumstances, he went 7-9 with the crappiest roster in the NFL, McDermott hasn't faced any adversity, ever.  Gase is the one ready for this challenge, not McDermott.

Same goes the other way around.  We have a Top 5 run defense, Allen is the weaker QB, and he and Diggs have had limited reps just like Darnold and his receivers. 

Seriously, being afraid of the Buffalo Bills is like being afraid of your kid sister.  Stop believing everything the media feeds you.  It's embarrassing.

SAR I

This post aged well. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Because the Jets are always a bad team. Face it bro we suck again this year. We’re not winning anything. 

0-1 is 0-1 whether you lose by 50 or lose by 1.

The Jets just played their worst game in years and only lost by 10 points in a pandemic.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase sucks. Woody sucks.  That is all

Darnold had a terrible game and Gregg Williams had a terrible game.  You can't win if your QB can't hit the side of a barn, and every time we showed a little offensive spark it was immediately squashed by a stupid penalty or a blown 3rd down coverage.  Lots of Jets in the backfield, none could wrap up and tackle for a loss.  

I expected hiccups from our O.  Our D is supposed to be much better than this.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're the Jets in blue uniforms.  A playoff team wins this game by 40 points.

SAR I

Weren't you saying the Jets were gonna hang 40 points on the Bills today?

Aren't you the same guy who counts last year's season opener as a win for the Jets? If so, that sort of tells me all I need to know.

Enjoy the season.

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Worst game in years? This game was bad but the pats game at home last year was worse. 33-0...

Legit reasons for that last year, 13 players on IR, Darnold in a brand new offense and recovering from mono, Pats having a full non-covid roster, etc.

There is no excuse for Darnold today.  None.  First time I am absolutely upset with him and hold him accountable for a loss.  If he plays like he should, we're talking about an exciting comeback victory.  He was brutal.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Legit reasons for that last year, 13 players on IR, Darnold in a brand new offense and recovering from mono, Pats have a full non-covid roster, etc.

There is no excuse for Darnold today.  None.  First time I am absolutely upset with him and hold him accountable for a loss.  If he plays like he should, we're talking about an exciting comeback victory.  He was brutal.

SAR I

No we’re not. The whole team was bad, it wasn’t just Darnold. This team blows.