Bills Vs Jets Week 1

hamat711

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

No we’re not. The whole team was bad, it wasn’t just Darnold. This team blows. 

This was a bad loss, but on offense we could have scored twice as many points if Darnold was Darnold.  The Bills were awful, they were begging us to take the game, we had momentum and had cut the lead to 11 with a ton of time left, and Darnold continued to stink up the joint.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This was a bad loss, but on offense we could have scored twice as many points if Darnold was Darnold.  The Bills were awful, they were begging us to take the game, we had momentum and had cut the lead to 11 with a ton of time left, and Darnold continued to stink up the joint.

SAR I

you can't spot teams 21 easy points by getting 1 first down until the last drive of the first half.  the jets were clearly unprepared for the start of the game, they came out flat except for one fumble by allen.  the players and the gameplan were bad.  and when darnold gets behind he forces throws and that's when the ints come.  at least last year the jets scored on a fair amount of their first possessions which helped keep the team focused from the start.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

you can't spot teams 21 easy points by getting 1 first down until the last drive of the first half.  the jets were clearly unprepared for the start of the game, they came out flat except for one fumble by allen.  the players and the gameplan were bad.  and when darnold gets behind he forces throws and that's when the ints come.  at least last year the jets scored on a fair amount of their first possessions which helped keep the team focused from the start.  

I don't think the O came out flat.  I think Darnold had a terrible game and it gave our O no chance.  Hot QB wins games.  Bad QB loses games.

The D was terrible, no excuses there either, tons of chunk plays, stupid penalties, blown coverages, arm tackling, they should show the D film in high school as a textbook example of how to not play football.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I don't think the O came out flat.  I think Darnold had a terrible game and it gave our O no chance.  Hot QB wins games.  Bad QB loses games.

The D was terrible, no excuses there either, tons of chunk plays, stupid penalties, blown coverages, arm tackling, they should show the D film in high school as a textbook example of how to not play football.

SAR I

Your score prediction wasn’t that far off. The teams were just reversed.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

bad drops by crowder and herndon in the first quarter when the game was young.  one first down mid-way through the 2nd quarter.  yes, the offense came out flat.

darnold is a rhythm passer and needed those first downs to get going.  perriman and hogan were useless.  herndon's fumble was probably the worst play of the game, jets were down 11 at midfield and could have gained some momentum.  besides one play by crowder the entire offensive skill positions sucked.  they have no run game and no speed at rb or wr.  i'm not defending darnold here, he definitely can play better.  but with the guys he had today he has to be near flawless for the jets to win.  there is just no margin for error, especially playing a top 5 defense on the road.  teams don't score a lot vs the bills for a reason and the jets offensive personnel are very easy to defend esp. w/o anderson.

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:58 PM, SAR I said:

I enjoy the banter, and it's been fun this week, you're a cool visitor, no worries there.

But I don't wear rose-colored glasses.  I was impressed by Gase, Gregg, and Darnold's resiliency last year.  That 6-2 finish against planes flying for Gase's head, Mosley going down, the OL going down, mononucleosis, Simiean's injury, 18 other players on IR, it showed me a lot and I believe in this team more now than I have in the last 10 seasons.  Darnold is for real.  Gase is a strong head coach.  Gregg is a strong DC.  They've hired strong coaches.  

There is no doubt that, if healthy, the 7-9 Jets would have gone 10-6 and taken the Bills playoff berth.  That's what we're building upon this season.  That's not rose-coloring.  That's fact.

SAR I

As a man of my word I wanted to come back and say good game and I'm sorry things didn't go your way.  Rough outing for Darnold (though he didn't have much help) and the defense was able to force a few huge Allen fumbles but by and large couldn't not stop the Bills most of the day.  As you said, Allen is what he is.  Misses wide open guys 10 yards in front of him in the endzone and coughs the ball up twice.  But then he makes the 20 yard passes on the run look routine and throws for over 300 yards and over 70% completion percentage.  In any event, no team is ever as good or as bad as they look in week one of the season.  Keep your head up, keep grinding, and hopefully the rematch will be more competitive.  And as always, let us both destroy the Patriots this season!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, RocketBills said:

As a man of my word I wanted to come back and say good game and I'm sorry things didn't go your way.  Rough outing for Darnold (though he didn't have much help) and the defense was able to force a few huge Allen fumbles but by and large couldn't not stop the Bills most of the day.  As you said, Allen is what he is.  Misses wide open guys 10 yards in front of him in the endzone and coughs the ball up twice.  But then he makes the 20 yard passes on the run look routine and throws for over 300 yards and over 70% completion percentage.  In any event, no team is ever as good or as bad as they look in week one of the season.  Keep your head up, keep grinding, and hopefully the rematch will be more competitive.  And as always, let us both destroy the Patriots this season!! 

You're a class act, RB.  Best of luck down the road though I caution you not to get too optimistic based on yesterday-  that was truly the worst performance in a decade by a healthy Jets team, we didn't even get off the bus, we weren't even competitive the first half.

Please tell your staff to teach Allen how to slide or run to the sidelines.  He's a good kid, a good friend to Sam, but he's one or two inches away from a brutal season-ending knee injury on every run.  It's strange not hating an enemy quarterback, I'm actually pulling for the guy, but he's going to get hurt badly one of these games, you can see the tragedy coming, and it's avoidable.

Speak soon,

SAR I

On 9/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, SAR I said:

This is going to be a thoroughly enjoyable season.  The delusion is that we're not the best team in the division when all evidence says we are.

SAR I

This aged poorly and fast.

Same as all those "Darnold is the best QB in the AFC" posts, now that you're saying he sucks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

SAR1 - is he mentally ill, or just a performance artist? Does he simply enjoy getting a rise out of people? Surely he can't believe a word of what he types. This is a 3-13 year, quite possibly. We are ranked dead last in the power rankings, for good reason.

If Darnold plays at Buffalo like he did the last 8 games of last year we win last Sunday.   

If he bounces back and finds his game we’ll be fine.  If he doesn’t, it’s doomsday on several fronts. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

SAR1 - is he mentally ill, or just a performance artist? Does he simply enjoy getting a rise out of people? Surely he can't believe a word of what he types. This is a 3-13 year, quite possibly. We are ranked dead last in the power rankings, for good reason.

He works for the Jets marketing department.