Peter King predictions

Ben Had

Tier 3 in the AFC.

Buffalo, Miami, New England, Indianapolis, Houston, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Denver. In other words, the fight for the last four playoff spots will be fierce.

Miami? GTFOOH! So Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to lead the Fins to a playoff run 5 years AFTER QBing the Jets? 

I think Peter King is putting bourbon ? in his coffee! 

• Upvote 1

He's played that I'm like Norm from cheers persona pretty damn well. The guys wrong 90% of the time but no one ever calls him on it. 

Its gonna be so fun to see the Patriots unable to convert those 2nd & longs that Brady dinked & dunked out of with his insane perception & knowledge of the offense. It was uncanny how that guy could get to a 4th sometimes 5th freaking option or how he could throw to a spot for Edelman. 

There was a reason he was the GOAT & there is no way in hell someone steps in there with his consistency. I think finally the Pats defense spends more time on the field this year to be exposed. 

Van Noy, Hightower, Collins, Chung, Shelton, were pretty active defenders not there this year. And Jason McCourty is 33 years old! If that guy goes down (they all do eventually), he's the glue in that secondary.

Pats are couple of injuries away from disaster in 2020. 

Peter King is a  color writer, his style and substance is based on emotional storytelling about the game of football, it's not quantitive analysis instead it is wrapped up in creating a golden calf to dance naked around. This stuff sells, everybody loves story except Jets fans are tired of reading about everyone else's story.

Stop reading him if you wish for him to write something about the Jets.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Gangrene said:

Peter King is a  color writer, his style and substance is based on emotional storytelling about the game of football, it's not quantitive analysis instead it is wrapped up in creating a golden calf to dance naked around. This stuff sells, everybody loves story except Jets fans are tired of reading about everyone else's story.

Stop reading him if you wish for him to write something about the Jets.

He's been around for ages. I remember reading his stuff when i was in high school

He needs to retire and make way for the next generation

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He's played that I'm like Norm from cheers persona pretty damn well. The guys wrong 90% of the time but no one ever calls him on it. 

Its gonna be so fun to see the Patriots unable to convert those 2nd & longs that Brady dinked & dunked out of with his insane perception & knowledge of the offense. It was uncanny how that guy could get to a 4th sometimes 5th freaking option or how he could throw to a spot for Edelman. 

There was a reason he was the GOAT & there is no way in hell someone steps in there with his consistency. I think finally the Pats defense spends more time on the field this year to be exposed. 

Van Noy, Hightower, Collins, Chung, Shelton, were pretty active defenders not there this year. And Jason McCourty is 33 years old! If that guy goes down (they all do eventually), he's the glue in that secondary.

Pats are couple of injuries away from disaster in 2020. 

• Upvote 1

I stopped after Miami. Why is Miami always on the list? They traded a 2nd plus for Rosen, and now have Fitsmagic as their QB; he will destroy the locker room for Tua, and win enough games to provide drama in the offseason (maybe). The team got rid of most of their players and are suffering with the same problem as many 'young' teams when there are no pre-season games ....

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I pray every day for Brady and the Bucs to become a shlt show, crash and burn

Cant stomach the thought of all "The great Tom Brady", GOAT talk if he gets them there.  

Brady is the GOAT.  It’s not his fault he was drafted by the patriots and the jets have been inept most of the last 20 years

hes going to have a really good season with Evans, Godwin and those tight ends. Laugh when the great evil mumbling 4-D chess player Belichick who hates us goes 4-12 without the greatest qb ever doing everything for him

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I've said before, almost always the new pre season darlings of the media fall flat on their ass hard.   Teams like Jax a few years back, Cleveland last year.  Buffalo and Tampa are prime candidates to fall flat this year.

I think the bills are being really overrated this year.  9-7 at best

• Upvote 1

Cant stomach the thought of all "The great Tom Brady", GOAT talk if he gets them there.  

Let me ask you this, and you have to pick one....

Would you rather see Belichick lead the Patriots to a Super Bowl victory without Brady or see Brady lead Tampa to a Super Bowl win without Belichick?

(Anyone can answer of course)

12 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I stopped after Miami. Why is Miami always on the list? They traded a 2nd plus for Rosen, and now have Fitsmagic as their QB; he will destroy the locker room for Tua, and win enough games to provide drama in the offseason (maybe). The team got rid of most of their players and are suffering with the same problem as many 'young' teams when there are no pre-season games ....

Fitz is good for a 5 or 6 wins while throwing his backup qb(s) and coaches under the bus.  I feel bad for Tua

13 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Think it was more a Chance to mention Tua than anything else. You know, Fitzpattick’s backup. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Think it was more a Chance to mention Tua than anything else. You know, Fitzpattick’s backup. 

Thinking about that situation, if I were Tua, especially given the knee history, I'd be a LOT more comfortable being Fitz's backup than the other way around :)

• Haha 3

He's already the greatest of all time by a wide margin, what happens in tampa is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Tier 3 in the AFC.

Buffalo, Miami, New England, Indianapolis, Houston, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Denver. In other words, the fight for the last four playoff spots will be fierce.

Miami? GTFOOH! So Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to lead the Fins to a playoff run 5 years AFTER QBing the Jets? 

I think Peter King is putting bourbon ? in his coffee! 

It’s not the drink- it’s the undying love for the Pats and Brady. Why is Miami so high????  Where did Brian Flores come from again??? Oh- right!!! 

up to now it’s been easy for him to be a homer and be right. He’s ****ed now!

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

I sometimes find myself disliking Brady less now that he’s no longer in NE, then I feel as if I need to shower that filth off myself.

Bellichick and Kraft are still the root of the evil that is the patriots...so naturally I want them to crash finally.  I also don’t care for Cam so it’s easy to root against Brady’s replacement too. 

I don’t want to see Brady do well, but I also like Arians and Bowles so I’d like to see them win.  

Dream scenario: Brady gets benched and the Bucs do well without him, and the Pats fail miserably in all aspects.

With Trevor Lawrence as the prize for crapping the bed this season, expect the Pats' braintrust would be totally cool with crashing and burning this season.COVID has turned this season into a dog's breakfast and they know Cam Newton is a disaster waiting to happen. And they're okay with that because this way nobody can say they didn't sign the supposed top free agent QB. We tried, but things didn't work out. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Didn’t read the article but I’m sure King has us going 4-12 or worse.  He always does he had us going 1-15 in 2013 when the jets went 8-8

Recall it's happened several times that King's team record predictions were ridiculous because they literally didn't add up.  Stopped reading his gibberish decades ago. One of the few times I agree about a semblance of white privilege. King ash NOTHING to say. He is not breaking down the Cover 2 or trap blocking schemes. It's all about access. Jason Whitlock for example at least has a lot to say that's interesting and though-provoking, but because he doesn't kiss hineys, he doesn't get the SI platform.  King is  worthless old tool who has managed to keep his job by giving handies, possibly real and in print,  to various NFL big wheels for access.

Recall also the Manning family, to their credit, has across the board avoided this toolbag like a STD. In short, DON'T READ PETER KING AND DON'T POST HIS NONSENSE HERE. 

• Upvote 1