Keys to victory for Week 1

Rhg1084

On 9/9/2020 at 2:57 PM, Jetster said:

If you could quantify movement off the LOS in the running game, Beachum would average -1/2 yard! He was always average in pass pro but Jax let him walk because he always has been very weak in the run game. He was D’Brickashaw VERY LIGHT. 
He was the best lineman on probably one of the worst Jet olines in history & he’s a backup this year. 

I was at the bengals jets game last season.  Beachum was so horrific in that game I honestly wondered how he was even in the nfl

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I was at the bengals jets game last season.  Beachum was so horrific in that game I honestly wondered how he was even in the nfl

It's just amazing to review just how awful that Jet line was last year. Forget the fact that everybody guy that started the season has been replaced, Sam played behind 11 Oline changes & played recovering from Mono! 

I think JD did a fantastic job (I pray, lol), and I know everyone is disappointed with him passing on a 2nd WR in the draft but we've got a lot of draft picks and a ton of money. I definitely see another WR drafted and Juju being reunited with Sam next year. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:02 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Jets head up to Orchard Park as a 7 point underdog against a talented Bills team. What do you think are the important things the Jets need to do to walk out of there with a W?

- Keep Josh Allen contained in the pocket and have a QB spy on him. Jets can’t afford having him run for 70-80 yards on us. Have him beat us through the air

- I think the plan on offense is simple and that’s really don’t turn the ball over. This could be a low scoring game and a turnover could decide the game. Try to get Sam in manageable 3rd down situations where he has a chance to convert them. Keep playing the field position game. Hopefully our new punter plays a big role in that too 

I couldn’t disagree with the bolder more. 

That offensive style is why this team has been bad for the past 20 years.  We didn’t draft Sam Darnold to be a game manager.  We traded those picks and took him 3rd overall so he can be an explosive playmaker.

In today’s NFL that’s what you need to win.  This is his third year we need to let him play and see if he’s capable of being that guy.

If he’s not then we need to move on.  

We’re not winning a super bowl with a game manager, not any more. We’re wining a Super Bowl with a QB capable of putting up 40 any week, against any team.  

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's just amazing to review just how awful that Jet line was last year. Forget the fact that everybody guy that started the season has been replaced, Sam played behind 11 Oline changes & played recovering from Mono! 

I think JD did a fantastic job (I pray, lol), and I know everyone is disappointed with him passing on a 2nd WR in the draft but we've got a lot of draft picks and a ton of money. I definitely see another WR drafted and Juju being reunited with Sam next year. 

My concern is that this new OL needs time to gel and they had no preseason

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 1:30 AM, SAR I said:

We are improved vs. last year.  Darnold entering the second year in the same system.  No coaches or coordinators turned over.  OL completely rebuilt.  Gore and Perine ready to go in case Bell falters.  Mims and Perriman arriving, Crowder returning, Herndon and Griffin a formidable TE combo.  

Fun Fact #1:  The Jets went 6-2 the last eight games with a pile of scrubs.  This group is vastly superior.

That was one game.  After it, Sam went on a nice run and had 14 TD's, 4 INT's, and a Rating of 93.3 good for Top 10 in the league.

Fun Fact #2:  The Bills got swept by the Patriots too.  In fact, you were 1-4 vs winning teams.  And you ended the year on a 1-4 freefall.

No, it's the other way around, it's you Bills trolls that vanish the moment things don't go your way, happened in Week 17 and Week 18 last year.

Fun Fact #3:  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  You have beaten no one in two full Allen seasons.  You get no respect until you do.  And you won't.

SAR I

prepare george clooney GIF