Sports Illustrated is a big fan of Joe D

20andOut

Just now, sec101row23 said:

I like what JD has done, but the author of this article is clearly tongue licking the undercarriage of JD here.   Not surprising the author is Kristian Dyer.   

Yep.  Even as probably one of the biggest Douglas supporters on JN I cringed a bunch while reading this.  He didn't cure cancer, Kristian.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

"Perriman has faster straight-line speed than Anderson and similar if not better production "

The SI narrative flexing from writer to writer.     Here's another recent SI quote from Gase on Perriman.

I mean, every time he goes out and runs, it’s certain things he feels good with and then we’ll have just one cut or something where he’s like, ‘Ahh.’ We just got to keep the swelling down and we just got to get him feeling right. And when I talk to him, he seems like he feels good some days and we just got to figure out what that sweet spot is ” Gase said.

Here's to a couple of sweet spots between now and the end of December.

And now we see the payoff for the "Joe Douglas is a ninja" tweet that set off all kinds of speculation a few weeks ago.  Pretty slow burn by Dyer here.  It was like a hottie telling you that you're going to get lucky, and then 3 weeks later you're given a lottery ticket.

No doubt Joe Douglas as done a lot to help our roster. It’s shown so far this off season how much more is to be done.

The absolute abysmal job Maccagnan and Idzik did, drove this team to the worst roster in football. A team constantly drafting in the top Ten, with no Stars on the roster. Throwing darts at a board with 1st round prospects, blind folded would have yielded more talent.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I like what JD has done, but the author of this article is clearly tongue licking the undercarriage of JD here.   Not surprising the author is Kristian Dyer.   

Yeah the suggestion that he’s upgraded “nearly every deficiency” from last year is borderline laughable, I know the word ‘nearly’ is his get out but we have re-vamped the OL and that’s it ...everywhere else is a question mark 

tanny had a football mind?  not very big shoes for douglas to fill.  in all seriousness, tanny did well because he was able to get good people around him.  imo douglas has better football credentials than tanny.

as for the rest of the article, even the biggest jets naysayer will have trouble saying the team hasn't been improved over last season.  the biggest upgrade was with the oline  and assuming herndon and mims stay healthy the receiving corps may be considered too.  not to say robbie wasn't a good receiver but i don't think he had that much of a ceiling left and perriman is about the same and he's on a short money prove it contract. if mims comes on this group will be way ahead of last season's.