Cam Clark, Zuniga to IR. Farley, others back

Doggin94it

The Jets made several changes to their initial 53-man roster on Monday, but none of the new additions will be unfamiliar with what the team was up to at training camp.

Center Josh Andrews, tight end Dan Brown, safety Matthias Farley and cornerback Nate Hairston all spent camp with the team before being cut on Saturday as the team dropped to 53 players. The Jets announced that all four of them re-signed on Monday after five players who did make the roster were placed on injured reserve.

Offensive lineman Cameron Clark, linebacker Patrick Onwuasor, wide receiver Jeff Smith, wide receiver Vyncint Smith and defensive lineman Jabari Zuniga are the players going on that list. All five of them will be eligible to return to active duty after three weeks on the list as the NFL tweaked the IR-return rules for this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Jets still have one open roster spot that they can fill ahead of the opener against the Bills this Sunday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/07/jets-bring-back-four-players-they-cut-place-five-others-on-ir/

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

No, either Fales or White

New rule this year, they can call up two PS players each week.  55 players are eligible on game day -- 53 man roster plus two PS call ups.  Have to assume Fales or White will get one of those call ups.  They still have another spot on the 53.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He got hurt and is out only 3 games, lets reserve judgement for a little longer.

If u can’t stay healthy in college ball how are you gonna stay healthy in the Pros? I’m sure there are exceptions but I would guesstimate that 80% of players that had injury issues in college don’t make it in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

At what point do we start holding people accountable for these failed Univ of Florida picks?  I blame @JiF.

I have been wrong about 1 Gator, Teez Tabor (to a lesser extent Purifoy). Otherwise my scouting on Gators is flawless.  I would have taken a WR over Zuniga all day (even though he does fit the athletic profile for once) because he can’t stay healthy. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

At what point do we start holding people accountable for these failed Univ of Florida picks?  I blame @JiF.

At what point do we start holding people accountable for these moronic posts? 

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Zuniga looking like a disappointing pick

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

I have been wrong about 1 Gator, Teez Tabor (to a lesser extent Purifoy). Otherwise my scouting on Gators is flawless.  I would have taken a WR over Zuniga all day (even though he does fit the athletic profile for once) because he can’t stay healthy. 

I've been fairly bullish on the rookies this year, but Zuniga looks like the one guy most likely to bust

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

If u can’t stay healthy in college ball how are you gonna stay healthy in the Pros? I’m sure there are exceptions but I would guesstimate that 80% of players that had injury issues in college don’t make it in the NFL. 

Gil Brandt said that he’d always fall back on the following mantra as to how well he thought a player would transition to the pros...”smart players stay smart, dumb players stay dumb....and injured players stay injured”.

• Sympathy 1