Jump to content

“No Playoff Mandate” for Gase 2.0


JetsLife
 Share

Recommended Posts

So says below.

This as epitaph of a loser. In certain organizations anything less than a Super Bowl title = failure.

Or IOW: Christopher Johnson only wants to feel like he’s trying to win - not actually do what is necessary. Great ownership demands playoffs at minimum every season. Chris Johnson? He was born with the right last name. He seemingly accepts progress over championships.

With an Ace up his sleeve Jan. 19, he opts for a risky bet on Gase. Not least because Peyton influenced him.

Now Chris is doubling down on that risky bet. 

When this all shakes out one must hope Joe Douglas is for real and the Johnsons become hands off. 

The more they’ve led this franchise post Parcells regime extended, the worse its become. 
 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ny-jets-adam-gase-no-playoff-mandate-2020

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We agree with this. There is far too much work left over from the incompetent fools who once thought they had...control... of this situation. They were mistaken, and have been disposed of.

What we do mandate is for the offense to be placed as the unquestionable priority, and for our young Quarterback to continue to improve,  or be replaced by one who can be counted upon to lead this effort.

WE have spoken.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The talent on the roster does not justify a playoff mandate.

The talent on the roster and the reason the coach was hired does justify a "Don't to out there and look like a bunch of horses asses" on offense.  Anoher bottom 10 finish on offense and Gase should be fired, but he won't.  Covid gives him the leeway to finish in he bottom 5 with his justification already locked and loaded.

Here's to hoping he grows as a coach and can crack the top 25 on offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Management trades away best player, Fan base gets mad rebuild doesn't happen over night. Blames coach, Coach get fired. Then it's qbs fault, Then gms fault. Never ending cycle. Some in the fan base continue to show they really don't have understanding of the game. Never ending cycle. Give it a rest will you please. Asking your franchise qb to learn 3 systems in 4 years with a revolving door of players is doing him an massive disservice. Let the kid develop some chemistry with SOMETHING! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We agree with this. There is far too much work left over from the incompetent fools who once thought they had...control... of this situation. They were mistaken, and have been disposed of.

What we do mandate is for the offense to be placed as the unquestionable priority, and for our young Quarterback to continue to improve,  or be replaced by one who can be counted upon to lead this effort.

WE have spoken.

From one Captain to another, this is a great message to send to the troops.  It's about time they get onboard and stop fighting Gase and start believing in our strategy.

SAR I

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

The talent on the roster does not justify a playoff mandate.

The talent on the roster and the reason the coach was hired does justify a "Don't to out there and look like a bunch of horses asses" on offense.  Anoher bottom 10 finish on offense and Gase should be fired, but he won't.  Covid gives him the leeway to finish in he bottom 5 with his justification already locked and loaded.

Here's to hoping he grows as a coach and can crack the top 25 on offense.

Like losing to the 0-7 Dolphins and 0-11 Bengals?  lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/01/sports/football/cincinnati-bengals-jets-score.html

image.png.cbe02384a329612d381a4dab5f2fab42.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

From one Captain to another, this is a great message to send to the troops.  It's about time they get onboard and stop fighting Gase and start believing in our strategy.

SAR I

I think the people of JN believing in your strategy will be the difference in the Jets winning the division vs missing the playoffs this year.  Pretty sure I read that Adam Gase agreed when asked about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the people of JN believing in your strategy will be the difference in the Jets winning the division vs missing the playoffs this year.  Pretty sure I read that Adam Gase agreed when asked about it.

"So, I know that there’s a lot of hungry guys that want to go out there and just prove a lot of people wrong, frankly."

- Adam Gase

"I mean, look, our guys don’t live in a bubble, we see the things that are said, we see the things that are written, you know it angers a lot of people."

- Joe Douglas

[That was from their presser yesterday.  The players and coaches are human, they read the same things we read, they read what we type.  If your constant negativity makes them angry and it helps motivate them, fine.  But if your constant negativity makes them doubt themselves or becomes a distraction, cut it out.]

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We agree with this. There is far too much work left over from the incompetent fools who once thought they had...control... of this situation. They were mistaken, and have been disposed of.

What we do mandate is for the offense to be placed as the unquestionable priority, and for our young Quarterback to continue to improve,  or be replaced by one who can be counted upon to lead this effort.

WE have spoken.

 

This is how a leader speaks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

From one Captain to another, this is a great message to send to the troops.  It's about time they get onboard and stop fighting Gase and start believing in our strategy.

SAR I

The Knicks have more recently made the playoffs and they will return to the playoffs before the jets do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"So, I know that there’s a lot of hungry guys that want to go out there and just prove a lot of people wrong, frankly."

- Adam Gase

"I mean, look, our guys don’t live in a bubble, we see the things that are said, we see the things that are written, you know it angers a lot of people."

- Joe Douglas

[That was from their presser yesterday.  The players and coaches are human, they read the same things we read, they read what we type.  If your constant negativity makes them angry and it helps motivate them, fine.  But if your constant negativity makes them doubt themselves or becomes a distraction, cut it out.]

SAR I

lmao

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jets haven’t had a playoff mandate for 10 years.  Thanks Woody

With a healthy QB, from 1997 to 2011 the Jets were one of the teams consistently in or near the playoffs.  15 seasons, pretty good roster, in the playoff conversation.

Whether you win the Super Bowl or not, teams that have a decade or more of winning eventually get caught by expensive free agents, age, retirements, coaching defections, and poor drafting.  And then they suck for 5-10 years before they come back in the conversation again.  Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Steelers, Giants, and on and on, it's the NFL cycle.

The price we pay for coming close in '98, '09, and '10 is that we had to flush it all away and start over again.  The mistake Woody Johnson made was holding on to a fading playoff team for too long.  What Christopher Johnson is doing by installing a GM/HC/QB trio for the long-haul is smart, it's about time we let the NFL know that we're going to have a little patience and build the right way.

And, FYI, we very well may make the playoffs this year.  There is nothing wrong in succeeding and building at the same time.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

With a healthy QB, from 1997 to 2011 the Jets were one of the teams consistently in or near the playoffs.  15 seasons, pretty good roster, in the playoff conversation.

Whether you win the Super Bowl or not, teams that have a decade or more of winning eventually get caught by expensive free agents, age, retirements, and poor drafting.  And then they suck for 5-10 years before they come back in the conversation again.  Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Steelers, Giants, and on and on, it's the NFL cycle.

The price we pay for coming close in '98, '09, and '10 is that we had to flush it all away and start over again.  The mistake Woody Johnson made was holding on to a fading playoff team for too long.  What Christopher Johnson is doing by installing a GM/HC/QB trio for the long-haul is smart, it's about time we let the NFL know that we're going to have a little patience and build the right way.

And, FYI, we very well may make the playoffs this year.  There is nothing wrong in succeeding and building at the same time.

SAR I

Ah yes the golden age when Parcells hired by and left alone by Leon Hess built a roster that made the playoffs 4 separate years and Woody hired Rex only to throw him to the wolves later with D’Mitri Patterson as his #1 CB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lmao

Typical Jets fan:  "MetLife Stadium sucks, it looks like an air conditioner, we need our own stadium, we need green seats, the Jets need to do something to get the team pumped up, to give the boys a homefield advantage."

Typical Jets fan:  "The Johnson's are bad owners, we need to fire Adam Gase, we need to draft Trevor Lawrence."

Get it?  You all want a pretty stadium because you think that's going to motivate the team on to victory, but you can't do the bare minimum and support them with the one thing you can absolutely control-  your mouths.  Trust me, what's said on social media like Twitter and this forum de-motivate the players far more than grey plastic seats do.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Ah yes the golden age when Parcells hired by and left alone by Leon Hess built a roster that made the playoffs 4 separate years and Woody hired Rex only to throw him to the wolves later with D’Mitri Patterson as his #1 CB

You can say that about any other consistent NFL playoff team.  It's cyclical.  The Bills and Dolphins are still trying to find their next Levy/Kelly and Shula/Marino, it's practically 30 years of losing and sucking for them.  We are fortunate by comparison.  We are the team best prepared to take control of the AFC East with Brady gone. 

And Christopher Johnson did it in less than 3 years.  When we win the division this year, you'll see.  But you are not coming off the list.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

With a healthy QB, from 1997 to 2011 the Jets were one of the teams consistently in or near the playoffs.  15 seasons, pretty good roster, in the playoff conversation.

Whether you win the Super Bowl or not, teams that have a decade or more of winning eventually get caught by expensive free agents, age, retirements, and poor drafting.  And then they suck for 5-10 years before they come back in the conversation again.  Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Steelers, Giants, and on and on, it's the NFL cycle.

The price we pay for coming close in '98, '09, and '10 is that we had to flush it all away and start over again.  The mistake Woody Johnson made was holding on to a fading playoff team for too long.  What Christopher Johnson is doing by installing a GM/HC/QB trio for the long-haul is smart, it's about time we let the NFL know that we're going to have a little patience and build the right way.

And, FYI, we very well may make the playoffs this year.  There is nothing wrong in succeeding and building at the same time.

SAR I

This is even dumber than usual.  The Jets had a good team for over a decade.  That is supposed to prove that winning is not sustainable and that you will get caught up by expensive free agents, age, retirements and poor drafting?  Why were they able to remain solid for that long?  Could it be because morons were not in charge?  What decade did the Steelers suck for?  They have been below .500 once since 1999.  That was in 2003.  

There is no reason that you cannot have sustained success in the NFL beyond poor management.  The main reason teams fall off a cliff is their coach losing it.  Coughlin turning 100, Harbaugh's power struggle.  Those are reasons to fall off.  That and hiring idiots to run the roster.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...