Been out of touch, what’s up with CJ Mosely?

Jetfan13

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

He's a big pussy. I thought he was a leader type. Like a soldier opting out of war, disingenenous & a slap to this new regimes face after missing the entire 2019. 

Jets have just had horrible luck with all of Maccs' signings.  I mean just downright  b a d.  I was surprised Mosley opted out too.  Maybe took it as an opportunity to fully heal but I agree, 2 years is a long time.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

The rub is he looked like he was worth every penny during the Buffalo game. If that’s possible, looked like it to me. Then his groin went and so did our ability to stop Buffalo. Yet, him coming back and being even a fraction of that good is really good in my opinion. Also, why would he? He’s use to getting paid to do whatever he wants. 

Unless of course he thinks his groin needed more time and figured this was a way to get it? Maybe it bothered him here and there and he just wanted more time to he heal. Doubtful, probably just doesn’t see the point to going out there anymore. Also no way he comes back after two years off, no way. Nothing anyone can do about it. 

I agree completely.  Just amazingly bad luck for us that we basically got 1 good half of football from a guy we've paid this much for ($30M?) already.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Or hes trolling the board looking to start a Mosely is a pussy, COVID is fake thread 

People went to work in grocery stores everyday. Mosely is in the 99.9 percentile of NOT DYING FROM COVID.

Opting out just proved again why you do not sign free agents to ridiculously high contracts. Jets got 8 plays for 30 million! 30 MILLION DOLLARS! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

TBH we really have no clue what his family situation is.... for example how healthy everyone is , or how old everyone is .. and for this reason anyone that opts out respectfully gets pass from me. Now if he is completely healthy and his family is completely healthy ... that is a whole nother conversation. The money he is getting paid ... you would think he could sequester himself from his family for the season ... kind like our soldiers do when they are shipped out on a tour.

They should all be able to opt out with zero compensation. Like the rest of the world.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

People went to work in grocery stores everyday. Mosely is in the 99.9 percentile of NOT DYING FROM COVID.

Opting out just proved again why you do not sign free agents to ridiculously high contracts. Jets got 8 plays for 30 million! 30 MILLION DOLLARS! 

Here we go again.

The simplistic view 

You have no idea who he has at home, who he cares for.  It was bitched about that he doenst have kids but he does.  Does he live with a parent?  Someone elderly?  Someone compromised?   No one who opted out is opting out because they fear DYING,  AS IF CAPS CHANGE IT.  They rightfully fear going to someone who is compromised, who they could kill.  Hard to imagine, right?  Someone gave Tom Seaver COVID-19 and he died from it.  He had Millions

The fact that Mosely makes big money doesnt mean he should risk someones life if thats the issue.  And a grocery clerk having to go to work has nothing to do with a union employee who's allowed by contract to opt out

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Here we go again.

The simplistic view 

You have no idea who he has at home, who he cares for.  It was bitched about that he doenst have kids but he does.  Does he live with a parent?  Someone elderly?  Someone compromised?   No one who opted out is opting out because they fear DYING,  AS IF CAPS CHANGE IT.  They rightfully fear going to someone who is compromised, who they could kill.  Hard to imagine, right?  Someone gave Tom Seaver COVID-19 and he died from it.  He had Millions

The fact that Mosely makes big money doesnt mean he should risk someones life if thats the issue.  And a grocery clerk having to go to work has nothing to do with a union employee who's allowed by contract to opt out

Don't care! He should have played. He ain't staying in no bubble & the protocols put in place in the NFL will be like a sterilized lab compared to out there in the real world. I heard he NEVER LEAVES HIS HOUSE. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While we have no idea what his family situation is, my hunch is that he used the Jets for a payday.  I guess I can't blame the guy.  The players and owners made an agreement and he's doing what's best for him.  If my hunch is correct, though, it's just another reason why sports has been going in the wrong direction.  This type of stuff has really been adding up over the years.  

Thank you!

On Joe DiMaggio's 100th birthday, remember: 'He dunks' | MLB.com

I posted this elsewhere and I think it speaks for itself as to where our sports have fallen... :( 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Don't care! He should have played. He ain't staying in no bubble & the protocols put in place in the NFL will be like a sterilized lab compared to out there in the real world. I heard he NEVER LEAVES HIS HOUSE. 

Actually those who have people at risk, who have had it bad dont care what you think.  What you think is that youre a selfish fan who doesnt care about anyones health or risks, you want to see them play. 

Have no clue what you’re  talking about with protocols etc, its men sweating and banging into each other, what protocol is that.  Thats a sterilized world.  

Listen all I’m saying is we all have different reasons for fearing this virus or not.  We should respect everyone’s view and what they feel has to be done for their families whatever.  It’s easy to sit in your house and tell people what they should risk by virtue of The size of their paycheck and how much you believe they’ll help the team.  Fears are the same for that scrub LB just like Mosely

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The rub is he looked like he was worth every penny during the Buffalo game. If that’s possible, looked like it to me. Then his groin went and so did our ability to stop Buffalo. Yet, him coming back and being even a fraction of that good is really good in my opinion. Also, why would he? He’s use to getting paid to do whatever he wants. 

Unless of course he thinks his groin needed more time and figured this was a way to get it? Maybe it bothered him here and there and he just wanted more time to he heal. Doubtful, probably just doesn’t see the point to going out there anymore. Also no way he comes back after two years off, no way. Nothing anyone can do about it. 

The only thing CJ Mosley can do is retire. At that point the Jets would almost certainly go after a portion of his signing bonus  so CJ would need to be comfortable running the risk of handing back money to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Icer said:

I'm sure its insensitive and who know what he has going on in his life, but this signing sure is looking like another Big Mac hit. 2 years in and a complete bust

It was a bust the moment he was signed.  You don't pay an ILB QB money.  The hope was to make the best of it, and that he'd beast to the best of his abilities regardless.  He looked great against Buffalo.  Then his groin went.  Damn shame.  

Now we're stuck with him, financially, until probably after the 2022 season.  Unless we maybe designate him a June 1st cut after 2021.  Hopefully he just retires.  lol.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually those who have people at risk, who have had it bad dont care what you think.  What you think is that youre a selfish fan who doesnt care about anyones health or risks, you want to see them play. 

Have no clue what you’re  talking about with protocols etc, its men sweating and banging into each other, what protocol is that.  Thats a sterilized world.  

Listen all I’m saying is we all have different reasons for fearing this virus or not.  We should respect everyone’s view and what they feel has to be done for their families whatever.  It’s easy to sit in your house and tell people what they should risk by virtue of The size of their paycheck and how much you believe they’ll help the team.  Fears are the same for that scrub LB just like Mosely

I know 1 person that had to be hospitalized & dude I was a salesman in New England for 35 years so I know a lot of people. 
My point is that if you think CJ Mosely has holed himself up in his Clorox bleach wiped house while our NY Jets are out sweating & hitting each other your a fool. 
The guy stole 30 million dollars, 10 million this offseason & has been in on 8 plays. 
Honestly, I’m effing sick of people saying listen to the science & then not doing that! 
Based on what we know CJ Mosely has more chance of being killed in a car accident than dying of Covid. 
He could be tested anytime he wants as to make sure he doesn’t expose a family member or an elderly relative. 
Instead he’s probably going through the drive through at McDonalds giving his credit card to some kid that was at a huge party the night before, grabbing the bag from another kid that never washes his hands & then CJs picking his nose without cleaning his hands. 
The whole thing is comical really. Our highest paid player opts out? Now he’ll be 2 years removed from NFL football. This sh*t seems to only happen to the Jets. 

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I know 1 person that had to be hospitalized & dude I was a salesman in New England for 35 years so I know a lot of people. 
My point is that if you think CJ Mosely has holed himself up in his Clorox bleach wiped house while our NY Jets are out sweating & hitting each other your a fool. 
The guy stole 30 million dollars, 10 million this offseason & has been in on 8 plays. 
Honestly, I’m effing sick of people saying listen to the science & then not doing that! 
Based on what we know CJ Mosely has more chance of being killed in a car accident than dying of Covid. 
He could be tested anytime he wants as to make sure he doesn’t expose a family member or an elderly relative. 
Instead he’s probably going through the drive through at McDonalds giving his credit card to some kid that was at a huge party the night before, grabbing the bag from another kid that never washes his hands & then CJs picking his nose without cleaning his hands. 
The whole thing is comical really. Our highest paid player opts out? Now he’ll be 2 years removed from NFL football. This sh*t seems to only happen to the Jets. 

Good for you.  Why are you repeating the same story over and over.  You want him to play for your own selfish reasons and will come up with every lame excuse as to why his families health should be ignored for you.  I get that.  Telling is no one gives a damn about the three borderline talented players who also opted out.  You’ve decided where the bar is for risk, talent and money level changes things.  You could care less about the risks.  Just admit it and move on.