Who Are Your NYJ Breakout Candidates?

Give us an offensive and defensive guy.

Offense

Breshad Perriman: He's going to take the momentum from last season into this year and finally be the guy he was drafted in the first round to be.

100 receptions, 1200 yards, 8 TD's.

Defense

Blessuan Austin: Austin flashed big time last year before being benched for a lack of situational awareness. He really took it to heart, put in the work in the offseason and is going to prove himself not only as a starter, but as the unquestioned #1 CB on the team.

• Upvote 1

No basis for this opinion other than wishful thinking, but I will go with QW on defense.

Offense it has to be Darnold -- either he is a top half of the league QB this year, or we are likely looking at another few years of rebuild, which would be especially hard to stomach after this long.

If I can only go with one from each...

Perine: I've been saying it from the minute we drafted this kid that he will be our Starter by the end of the season. I absolutely love the way this guy makes plays. No-nonsense no BS. 5'11 215, bigger and faster than he looks and runs downhill. He'll get his ass in the endzone, pass protect and split out wide.

Great pick up by JD.

A.Davis:  new school All-day! Athletic, hits hard, huge chip on his shoulder and can be deployed at free safety, nickelback rushing the quarterback or at cornerback. Dude also plays special teams and is a returner. The modern-day offenses have made this type of player a necessity. I think he's going to be a beast! Another great job by JD.

I love these types of guys think Leon Washington, Jerricho Cotchery, Wayne Chrebet!?

Also I'll give nods to Berrios, Wesco, Bless, and Fatukasi..yup!

Offense: Perine. By default, I don't think Bell will work well running the ball in this offense and Gore's corpse is pretty slow. Not to take anything away from Perine as what I'm saying is he's the only RB with solid talent that doesn't have a huge asterisk the size of the one on the Patriot's Superbowl victories so he's going to end up featured a lot. 

Defense: Cashman. I think he fits Williams defense really well and Williams defense doesn't ask him to be good at things he's not. He'll play fast and on instinct. 

Def: Jordan Jenkins. I like to think with better players around him, he may have a chance at 10 sacks this year. Trying to make a less obvious pick - for a player who gets taken for granted.

Off: Wesco. He was nothing last year, I think he finds a way to contribute 30+ receptions this year and allows us to run two TE formations. Most the rest of our offense has had their breakout already, or is due for a resurgence. Again, looking at lunch pail picks here.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sam, or it doesn't really matter tbqh.

I thought you were talking about a food preservative for a second there. Kids today. Or should I say fossils today (me). What? Right. It's TBHQ. You can eat Twinkies 15 years from now and they're still edible because of it.  I wonder why that fraudster Riccardo Galeazzi-Lisi didn't use it to embalm Pope Pius XII? His body 'sploded, lol. So Did Henry VIII's. I'm full of obscure, morbid, and meaningless facts.