Ok. Gimme 5 2020-2021 NFL predictions

johnnyjet

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

It will be interesting what the reaction of the fan base will be concerning the combing of sports and politics. The last semblance of this was after 9/11. That tended to unify the nation....... I am wondering how the BLM protests and the civil unrest in many cities will play out on televised games with no fans in the stands?

NBA ratings are down significantly, and you know the NFL owners are all about the ledger sheet.

NHL and MLB ratings are also deep in the toilet

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This has nothing to do with the thread's intent.  Keep it in the Club.

The last post in the "Bigger than Football" thread was by me August 8th. Prior to that @T0mShane posted June 19th. 

This is very relevant to the season ahead. There will be a lot of commentary on where sports is going as a whole. I enjoyed the discussions in the other thread, but it looks as if it lost all its MOJO. Not sure why.

Football will be looking very different this season. Are you ready for it. I already miss the golden age of football (tough guys like Klecko) and the standing for the National Anthem. Now it's penalties every other play, politics and labor unrest. 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The last post in the "Bigger than Football" thread was by me August 8th. Prior to that @T0mShane posted June 19th. 

There's a Club Max created for this.  It's been announced  on the main forum several times:

https://forums.jetnation.com/clubs/

Even if you were unaware of the Clubs, you should still know by now that the type of discussion you're attempting to have is an easy way to get threads locked. 

This thread is about NFL predictions and very clearly intended to mean on-the-field predictions.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a Club Max created for this.  It's been announced  on the main forum several times:

https://forums.jetnation.com/clubs/

Even if you were unaware of the Clubs, you should still know by now that the type of discussion you're attempting to have is an easy way to get threads locked. 

This thread is about NFL predictions and very clearly intended to mean on-the-field predictions.  

Thanks.... I never was aware of this. Is this where everyone disappeared to?

I'll check it out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks.... I never was aware of this. Is this where everyone disappeared to?

I'll check it out.

Keep in mind the 2 clubs are a Black Lives Matter club and a COVID club. 

Politics is still not allowed, though Max allows a little bit of leeway there, since its unavoidable to discuss either topic without some politics spilling in.  He just doesn't want, say, a 2020 election thread or something like that, which never ends well.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Keep in mind the 2 clubs are a Black Lives Matter club and a COVID club. 

Politics is still not allowed, though Max allows a little bit of leeway there, since its unavoidable to discuss either topic without some politics spilling in.  He just doesn't want, say, a 2020 election thread or something like that, which never ends well.

I might just be @Creepy Lurker then and  see how that goes ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Mac is gone. My work here is done. I will lurk and if the NFL plans on being political, I will return to the creepy bushes from whence I came. 

I've noticed you don't post a whole lot ever since Macc was fired.  It's like you said "mission accomplished, my work is done here" and road off into the sunset.  lol.

[Side note:  In the Old West, no man would never "ride off into the sunset".  He'd have to find a place to make camp almost immediately, so why not just stick around in town another night?  The better and more historically accurate saying would be "ride off into the sunrise."]

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've noticed you don't post a whole lot ever since Macc was fired.  It's like you said "mission accomplished, my work is done here" and road off into the sunset.  lol.

[Side note:  In the Old West, no man would never "ride off into the sunset".  He'd have to find a place to make camp almost immediately, so why not just stick around in town another night?  The better and more historically accurate saying would be "ride off into the sunrise."]

Dude seriously, I lost my fire from the feeling of being elated and relief from him being gone. I’ve said it in a post before. I’ve just been very content with everything since. Arguing about positional value etc. was fun and that too has played out with Jamal. We have a GM that shows great promise and the future is bright.

I’m extremely satisfied. I do have extreme concerns regarding all sport leagues becoming too political (like everything else) and it’s ruining my excitement for this season. So I’m tempering my expectations and hope football isn’t ruined for me, now that we FINALLY look to be headed in the right direction. I’m cautiously pessimistic if that’s a thing. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, Raideraholic said:

Call me a homer if you want.  1.The Raiders will win the AFC West 2. Wr B Edwards will win OROY .3.  D Arnette will win DROY 4.  Arden Key will have 10 sacks coming off the bench 5. The Raiders will revenge that loss to the Jets by lightning that Jet defense like a Christmas tree.

69705887_MarkDavisAndWife.JPG.af23995539032a61cbae1214bb510597.JPG