Von Miller suffers season-ending lower leg injury

Jetsfan80

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-lb-von-miller-to-undergo-mri-after-suffering-ankle-injury-in-practice

Broncos LB Von Miller to undergo MRI after suffering lower leg injury in practice

Published: Sep 08, 2020 at 07:45 PM

NFLShield

Von Miller's 2020 season could be in jeopardy before it even begins.

The multi-time Pro Bowl and All Pro Broncos linebacker suffered a lower leg injury in practice on Tuesday and will undergo an MRI to determine its severity, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

Rapoport added that the injury is considered "serious" and the team fears it could end his season.

Around the NFL will have more shortly.

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ouch that hurts

Is this kind of like when you go to pay your respects at a wake and you're chatting people up, trying to fill in some dead space (heh), and you come out with a whopper like, "My cat does that, too! Just yesterday HE SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME, THE LITTLE BASTARD! I ALMOST DROPPED DEAD FROM A HEART ATTACK!" Guy in casket suited up like a wax dummy is illegitimate, kicked the pail yesterday, cause of death: massive coronary.

I kid, I kid. I'm an absurdist. I was actually half-disappointed that you didn't sign that Von Miller. I hope he gets well soon. Tough break. Ugh. Seriously. I seriously hope he gets well soon. 

8 hours ago, jetophile said:

Is this kind of like when you go to pay your respects at a wake and you're chatting people up, trying to fill in some dead space (heh), and you come out with a whopper like, "My cat does that, too! Just yesterday HE SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME, THE LITTLE BASTARD! I ALMOST DROPPED DEAD FROM A HEART ATTACK!" Guy in casket suited up like a wax dummy is illegitimate, kicked the pail yesterday, cause of death: massive coronary.

I kid, I kid. I'm an absurdist. I was actually half-disappointed that you didn't sign that Von Miller. I hope he gets well soon. Tough break. Ugh. Seriously. I seriously hope he gets well soon. 

Kinda

More like "that hurts Denver quite a bit" though.

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

i'll bet that Bruce Smith's record of 200 career sacks will never be broken in my lifetime. 

Von had the best chance of breaking it, but that was before these injuries. Hopefully they don't affect him too much and he'll go back to being the same player. 

Aaron Donald might have an remote outside chance.  He's averaging 12 sacks/season with 72 over his first 6.  It's a lot to ask for him to play at that level for 11 more seasons but he's really the only guy out there with at least 5 seasons and any chance at all.  It puts what Bruce (and Reggie) did into perspective as truly incredible.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I feel sorry for the guy, he’s 31 and his game is being very athletic, will he ever be the same again?

Probably not.  And due to his contract situation (Denver saves $18M by cutting/trading him next season, with minimal dead money) he's at minimum likely played his last game as a Bronco, sadly.  

At least he got himself a ring there, but it would have been fun to see Miller and Chubb together playing at a high level this season.  Chubb tore his ACL last year and was only a rookie in 2018, so it never really came to fruition.  

• Upvote 1

This is what I was saying early in camp. This is the NFL, no one knows anything & each week things change, especially because of injury. Obviously facing Denver now without Becton or Fant worried about Miller on the edge is huge. 

At this point we don't even know if the 49ers will have any starting WRs available. All of them are banged up & who knows what happens vs the Cardinals with the ones that give it a go? 

Week to week is the only way to view the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

This is what I was saying early in camp. This is the NFL, no one knows anything & each week things change, especially because of injury. Obviously facing Denver now without Becton or Fant worried about Miller on the edge is huge. 

At this point we don't even know if the 49ers will have any starting WRs available. All of them are banged up & who knows what happens vs the Cardinals with the ones that give it a go? 

Week to week is the only way to view the NFL. 

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go....."

SAR I

• Upvote 2

so they call this a lower leg injury and he's being kept out for the season, meanwhile qwill gets what was called a high ankle sprain and was denigrated for his lack of production last season.  the point is that injuries happen and they do cause players to miss game or not play up to their full capability.

this is not saying qwill is the second coming of even wilfork but calling him a bust at this point is foolish.  let's see what he does this season.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so they call this a lower leg injury and he's being kept out for the season, meanwhile qwill gets what was called a high ankle sprain and was denigrated for his lack of production last season.  the point is that injuries happen and they do cause players to miss game or not play up to their full capability.

this is not saying qwill is the second coming of even wilfork but calling him a bust at this point is foolish.  let's see what he does this season.

Two very different injuries (Miller's impacts the tendon, while Quinnen's was just a sprain effecting the ligament), and we don't know the full severity of Miller's yet until the MRI results are available.  Its silly to try to make the comparison in order to excuse QW. 

Last I checked his ankle is doing fine this year but he was still getting shut down by the Jets' second team OL.  This after stating he'd be "unstoppable" this season.  Its time to produce, Quinnen.

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Two very different injuries (Miller's impacts the tendon, while Quinnen's was just a sprain effecting the ligament), and we don't know the full severity of Miller's yet until the MRI results are available.  Its silly to try to make the comparison in order to excuse QW. 

Last I checked his ankle is doing fine this year but he was still getting shut down by the Jets' second team OL.  This after stating he'd be "unstoppable" this season.  Its time to produce, Quinnen.

QW was referring to getting to the pick up  counter at White Castle.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Miller's tendon "flipped over the ankle bone".  Totally the same kind of injury as the kind of ankle twist fat dudes deal with.  lol.

An MRI on the Broncos star linebacker revealed a dislocated peroneal tendon, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. In layman's terms, Miller's tendon flipped over the ankle bone. Rapoport added the best option for such an injury is usually surgery, with a general recovery time of 5-6 months; a best-case scenario is three months.