Jump to content
Jetsfan80

Von Miller suffers season-ending lower leg injury

Recommended Posts

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-lb-von-miller-to-undergo-mri-after-suffering-ankle-injury-in-practice

Broncos LB Von Miller to undergo MRI after suffering lower leg injury in practice

Published: Sep 08, 2020 at 07:45 PM
 

NFLShield

 

Von Miller's 2020 season could be in jeopardy before it even begins.

The multi-time Pro Bowl and All Pro Broncos linebacker suffered a lower leg injury in practice on Tuesday and will undergo an MRI to determine its severity, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

Rapoport added that the injury is considered "serious" and the team fears it could end his season.

Around the NFL will have more shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s sucks.  Good player, Jets make playoffs now. Week  4 win. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That stinks. He’s a great player and by all accounts an excellent guy. Here’s hoping for a quick and full recovery. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Sh*t.  Great player.  Just terrible. Hope his rehab goes well.

This. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like an ankle injury, going for a second opinion but sounds like surgery is recommended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ouch that hurts

 

Is this kind of like when you go to pay your respects at a wake and you're chatting people up, trying to fill in some dead space (heh), and you come out with a whopper like, "My cat does that, too! Just yesterday HE SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME, THE LITTLE BASTARD! I ALMOST DROPPED DEAD FROM A HEART ATTACK!" Guy in casket suited up like a wax dummy is illegitimate, kicked the pail yesterday, cause of death: massive coronary.

I kid, I kid. I'm an absurdist. I was actually half-disappointed that you didn't sign that Von Miller. I hope he gets well soon. Tough break. Ugh. Seriously. I seriously hope he gets well soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for the guy, he’s 31 and his game is being very athletic, will he ever be the same again?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks for Denver. This was looking like a decent year for them if Lock built off the end of last season. 
 

I think Bradley Chubb is out for a while too from an injury or surgery if I remember correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll bet that Bruce Smith's record of 200 career sacks will never be broken in my lifetime. 

Von had the best chance of breaking it, but that was before these injuries. Hopefully they don't affect him too much and he'll go back to being the same player. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jetophile said:

Is this kind of like when you go to pay your respects at a wake and you're chatting people up, trying to fill in some dead space (heh), and you come out with a whopper like, "My cat does that, too! Just yesterday HE SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME, THE LITTLE BASTARD! I ALMOST DROPPED DEAD FROM A HEART ATTACK!" Guy in casket suited up like a wax dummy is illegitimate, kicked the pail yesterday, cause of death: massive coronary.

I kid, I kid. I'm an absurdist. I was actually half-disappointed that you didn't sign that Von Miller. I hope he gets well soon. Tough break. Ugh. Seriously. I seriously hope he gets well soon. 

Kinda

More like "that hurts Denver quite a bit" though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

i'll bet that Bruce Smith's record of 200 career sacks will never be broken in my lifetime. 

Von had the best chance of breaking it, but that was before these injuries. Hopefully they don't affect him too much and he'll go back to being the same player. 

Aaron Donald might have an remote outside chance.  He's averaging 12 sacks/season with 72 over his first 6.  It's a lot to ask for him to play at that level for 11 more seasons but he's really the only guy out there with at least 5 seasons and any chance at all.  It puts what Bruce (and Reggie) did into perspective as truly incredible.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I feel sorry for the guy, he’s 31 and his game is being very athletic, will he ever be the same again?

Probably not.  And due to his contract situation (Denver saves $18M by cutting/trading him next season, with minimal dead money) he's at minimum likely played his last game as a Bronco, sadly.  

At least he got himself a ring there, but it would have been fun to see Miller and Chubb together playing at a high level this season.  Chubb tore his ACL last year and was only a rookie in 2018, so it never really came to fruition.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I think Bradley Chubb is out for a while too from an injury or surgery if I remember correctly. 

He's still recovering from his torn ACL from Sep 29 last season.  He has yet to return to practice since the injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I was saying early in camp. This is the NFL, no one knows anything & each week things change, especially because of injury. Obviously facing Denver now without Becton or Fant worried about Miller on the edge is huge. 

At this point we don't even know if the 49ers will have any starting WRs available. All of them are banged up & who knows what happens vs the Cardinals with the ones that give it a go? 

Week to week is the only way to view the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

This is what I was saying early in camp. This is the NFL, no one knows anything & each week things change, especially because of injury. Obviously facing Denver now without Becton or Fant worried about Miller on the edge is huge. 

At this point we don't even know if the 49ers will have any starting WRs available. All of them are banged up & who knows what happens vs the Cardinals with the ones that give it a go? 

Week to week is the only way to view the NFL. 

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go....."

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go....."

SAR I

2-0 would be just beautiful. Make coming to Jetnation such a pleasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

2-0 would be just beautiful. Make coming to Jetnation such a pleasure.

Spontaneous Human Combustion.  Would be fabulous. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so they call this a lower leg injury and he's being kept out for the season, meanwhile qwill gets what was called a high ankle sprain and was denigrated for his lack of production last season.  the point is that injuries happen and they do cause players to miss game or not play up to their full capability.

this is not saying qwill is the second coming of even wilfork but calling him a bust at this point is foolish.  let's see what he does this season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so they call this a lower leg injury and he's being kept out for the season, meanwhile qwill gets what was called a high ankle sprain and was denigrated for his lack of production last season.  the point is that injuries happen and they do cause players to miss game or not play up to their full capability.

this is not saying qwill is the second coming of even wilfork but calling him a bust at this point is foolish.  let's see what he does this season.

Two very different injuries (Miller's impacts the tendon, while Quinnen's was just a sprain effecting the ligament), and we don't know the full severity of Miller's yet until the MRI results are available.  Its silly to try to make the comparison in order to excuse QW. 

Last I checked his ankle is doing fine this year but he was still getting shut down by the Jets' second team OL.  This after stating he'd be "unstoppable" this season.  Its time to produce, Quinnen.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Broncos are headed for a rough season 

Tank for Lawrence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Two very different injuries (Miller's impacts the tendon, while Quinnen's was just a sprain effecting the ligament), and we don't know the full severity of Miller's yet until the MRI results are available.  Its silly to try to make the comparison in order to excuse QW. 

Last I checked his ankle is doing fine this year but he was still getting shut down by the Jets' second team OL.  This after stating he'd be "unstoppable" this season.  Its time to produce, Quinnen.

QW was referring to getting to the pick up  counter at White Castle.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rangerous said:

so they call this a lower leg injury and he's being kept out for the season, meanwhile qwill gets what was called a high ankle sprain and was denigrated for his lack of production last season.  the point is that injuries happen and they do cause players to miss game or not play up to their full capability.

this is not saying qwill is the second coming of even wilfork but calling him a bust at this point is foolish.  let's see what he does this season.

 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Two very different injuries (Miller's impacts the tendon, while Quinnen's was just a sprain effecting the ligament), and we don't know the full severity of Miller's yet until the MRI results are available.  Its silly to try to make the comparison in order to excuse QW. 

Last I checked his ankle is doing fine this year but he was still getting shut down by the Jets' second team OL.  This after stating he'd be "unstoppable" this season.  Its time to produce, Quinnen.

 

Miller's tendon "flipped over the ankle bone".  Totally the same kind of injury as the kind of ankle twist fat dudes deal with.  lol.

 

An MRI on the Broncos star linebacker revealed a dislocated peroneal tendon, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. In layman's terms, Miller's tendon flipped over the ankle bone. Rapoport added the best option for such an injury is usually surgery, with a general recovery time of 5-6 months; a best-case scenario is three months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...