Jetsfan80

Frelund: Every team's chances at making the playoffs

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Haha Bills fan upvotes his own post for potw

Hell ya! X2 by downvoting yours to boot! I hoped youd notice how smooth that was. I just wanted to let you know its that important. You know, im kind of a big deal!!!

18 hours ago, Billsfan1212 said:

But thats the entire point. Respectfully, you cant see the full picture bc you are too wrapped up in it. These tired knocks people have had on allen since he was drafted are old and outdated. No one even know he could run when he was drafted so he silences one and thats the next lazy one to come up. Unless you have a crystal ball, you dont know. You cant see the forrest through the trees so to speak. If this was 2 totally different teams, youd be more objective and realize after 2 years and constant improvement its almost ignorant to pretend you know how something will turn out. Many national pundits have changed their story on allen for example. Theyve put in the time and watched him and have seen it 1st hand. Not a couple games a year and then in the playoffs, but most games to see the game changing ability that IF harnessed, can turn into something special. Now dont get me wrong thats a big IF.... but each year he has improved and was far and away the most raw qb taken that year. The people who, like yourself, have already made their decloration will continue to do so because you either havent watched, dont know what you are looking for, OR (and this is most common) decided when he was drafted hed be a bust and cant admit you might be wrong. In this case as a jets fan its a double edge sword because if Sam fails, then its not only admitting allen is good but ALSO that your team chose the wrong guy. 

Again, im not going to tell you either will be a star or either will be a bust. It just makes it hard to be objective when you keep insisting you know something that hasnt yet been decided. Your emotions have clouded your judgment young padawan.... hopefully its not forshadowing to a turn to the darkside!!! 

I am being objective.  I wanted no part of Josh Allen prior to the 2018 draft, and would be saying the exact same things about him right now if he was the Jets QB.  

Sam being bad would not = Josh Allen is good.  Completely false argument.  Allen is bad and will always be bad.  If Darnold is bad then they were BOTH the wrong picks, and we should have "reached" for Lamar Jackson instead.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I am being objective.  I wanted no part of Josh Allen prior to the 2018 draft, and would be saying the exact same things about him right now if he was the Jets QB.  

Sam being bad would not = Josh Allen is good.  Completely false argument.  Allen is bad and will always be bad.  If Darnold is bad then they were BOTH the wrong picks, and we should have "reached" for Lamar Jackson instead.

You prove the argument further here. The closed mindedness simply bc you believe you are right renders you to have an inability to be objective. Its like people who hate the taste of something when they were kids but love it as adults. They were open minded to try it again. Just bc im your world josh allen isnt good doesn't make it so to the rest of the world/real world. 

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1212 said:

You prove the argument further here. The closed mindedness simply bc you believe you are right renders you to have an inability to be objective. Its like people who hate the taste of something when they were kids but love it as adults. They were open minded to try it again. Just bc im your world josh allen isnt good doesn't make it so to the rest of the world/real world. 

I don't just believe I'm right.  I am right.  There's a difference.  

He's objectively bad at throwing a football, and never will be good.  All of history and all available evidence is on my side.

It's OK to be closed-minded about certain things.  The Earth is round, gravity is real, and Josh Allen is bad at being a QB (but very good as a RB).  All patently true, empirically verified truths.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't just believe I'm right.  I am right.  There's a difference.  

He's objectively bad at throwing a football, and never will be good.  All of history and all available evidence is on my side.

It's OK to be closed-minded about certain things.  The Earth is round, gravity is real, and Josh Allen is bad at being a QB (but very good as a RB).  All patently true, empirically verified truths.

I mean, thats just silly. You are entitled to your opinion, but its a shame your football views are ones in which you think youve outsmarted the rest of the world. Sadly, your view wouldnt be changed if he was mvp. There would still be some way to explain it away.  A very similar scenario happened woth Lamar last year in which people thought he couldnt play.  Sadly some of those people refuse to admit they were wrong and still dont give credit where its due. Thats not a productive or worth while conversation Im interested in having so at the very least thank you for humoring me and lets agree to disagree

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1212 said:

I mean, thats just silly. You are entitled to your opinion, but its a shame your football views are ones in which you think youve outsmarted the rest of the world. Sadly, your view wouldnt be changed if he was mvp. There would still be some way to explain it away.  A very similar scenario happened woth Lamar last year in which people thought he couldnt play.  Sadly some of those people refuse to admit they were wrong and still dont give credit where its due. Thats not a productive or worth while conversation Im interested in having so at the very least thank you for humoring me and lets agree to disagree

It doesn't take any intelligence to watch Allen play, look at historically important statistical markers, and determine Allen will never be a successful QB.  I'm not "outsmarting" anybody or pretending to.  

I'm not reinventing the wheel here.  Though Allen would be essentially reinventing the wheel if he could somehow do something no QB in NFL history has done:  Have a long, successful career despite being highly inaccurate, highly turnover-prone, and wholly dependent on his running ability.