Jalen Ramsey gets paid

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

After the Rams gave up two 1st round picks for him they had no choice but to give him a monster contract. Ramsey had all the leverage. Similar to the Jamal situation in Seattle

Ramsey and Donald locked in for the long term. Lucky bastards. 

It wasn't too long ago that the Rams were perennial losers. Things can change pretty quickly. Hope for Jets fans.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Ramsey and Donald locked in for the long term. Lucky bastards. 

It wasn't too long ago that the Rams were perennial losers. Things can change pretty quickly. Hope for Jets fans.

They have a few holes, but they do have strong talent at the important positions.

I think Goff is more than good enough to win if he has a good supporting cast.  He's not going to carry the team on his back, but he does have some good WRs and Higbee at TE was huge towards the end of last year.  I think they are lacking at RB and they don't have a great starting OL so the run game could be a challenge for them.

On the other side, they are thin at LB but with Donald in front and Ramsey behind, they can probably get away with it until someone emerges from the crowd as someone usually does. 

That division is going to be brutal, probably the toughest in football.  I am a fan of ARI, LAR and SF this year.  Beat SEA twice and keep them out of the playoffs please.

• Upvote 3

Just now, nycdan said:

They have a few holes, but they do have strong talent at the important positions.

I think Goff is more than good enough to win if he has a good supporting cast.  He's not going to carry the team on his back, but he does have some good WRs and Higbee at TE was huge towards the end of last year.  I think they are lacking at RB and they don't have a great starting OL so the run game could be a challenge for them.

On the other side, they are thin at LB but with Donald in front and Ramsey behind, they can probably get away with it until someone emerges from the crowd as someone usually does. 

That division is going to be brutal, probably the toughest in football.  I am a fan of ARI, LAR and SF this year.  Beat SEA twice and keep them out of the playoffs please.

That's how you build a contender. Especially if you're lacking that stud QB, but at least Goff will run the score up on crappy teams. 

Every team has its 'weak spots', but if you have strong talent at the important positions - DL/OL or QB/CB, you'll win more games than you lose. They went 9-7 in a bad year. 

When will the Jets find a Sean McVay...?

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

After the Rams gave up two 1st round picks for him they had no choice but to give him a monster contract. Ramsey had all the leverage. Similar to the Jamal situation in Seattle

Seattle has him under control for this year, the next, and then two more years under the franchise tag - if they so desire (and I would, because those four years will be significantly less expensive than anything Jamalcontent will be looking for). And if Jamal sets off another twitter tirade to get himself out of Seattle, his brand will be seriously damaged. The league understands wanting off the Jets, wanting off the Seahawks will be another level. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They still suck

9-7 after starting out 3-0! Gave up 55 points to Tampa- 45 to the Ravens- 44 to the Cowboys. Go back to 2009/2010 when Revis was our CB & show me 4 games where we gave up that many points. The Jets in 2009/2010 gave up 31 or over 4 times in 2 years & 2 of those were against the best team in football over the last 20 in the Patriots. 

If you took the 2009/2010 Patriots & thrust them into todays NFL, it wouldn't be fair. Hell, the Pats beat KC in KC in 2018.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

OTC has them only 9M under next year's projected cap before signing Ramsey, with Cooper Kupp hitting the market. And if you look at the guys making money there, there's not a lot of room to cut guys to free up additional dollars. They're heading for a Romo/Brees/Roethlisberger trap, where they constantly need to be restructuring their stars to clear up cap room today, locking up cap room in the future.

Bottom line, don't expect the Rams to sign many meaningful additional free agents (including their own contributors as they come up) for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

OTC has them only 9M under next year's projected cap before signing Ramsey, with Cooper Kupp hitting the market. And if you look at the guys making money there, there's not a lot of room to cut guys to free up additional dollars. They're heading for a Romo/Brees/Roethlisberger trap, where they constantly need to be restructuring their stars to clear up cap room today, locking up cap room in the future.

Bottom line, don't expect the Rams to sign many meaningful additional free agents (including their own contributors as they come up) for the foreseeable future.

If they have to part ways with Kupp, I can think of a place that would welcome him with open arms...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Unless the Rams draft extremely well, they are in trouble. They have a lot of cash tied up in 3 positions. 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

They traded away next years 1 for Ramsey. Lots of capital tied up in him 

Has the 'trade 2 1st rounders for a player' move ever worked out in favor of the team parting with the picks?  I'm pretty sure not.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If they have to part ways with Kupp, I can think of a place that would welcome him with open arms...

I've mentioned the same thing a few times. What would he want as far as compensation since his contract is up? Also he's mainly a slot receiver and we already have two of those. However he is a hell of a player and I really like his demeanor.

18 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Unless the Rams draft extremely well, they are in trouble. They have a lot of cash tied up in 3 positions. 

Not sure if it was the same GM, but that Gurley contract hurt them back then. Seems to be a bit of a pattern

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

If you're paying a qb 35 million you want him to be more than able to win with the right cast.

They are also light on draft picks the next few years, they have huge dead money on that awful Gurley contract.

• Upvote 1

If I were Christopher Johnson, I'd give Rich Cimini an exclusive interview and tell him the Jets were preparing an offer that was similar to what Jalen Ramsey just received, but as soon as Jamal Adams called out his head coach, Adam Gase, he decided to reconsider and had a late night conference call with Joe Douglas, Adam Gase and Greg Williams. After the call was over they decided as an organization that Adams was no longer in their future plans. Seattle came knocking and it was all she wrote for Jamal Adams tenure with the Jets. They believe trading Jamal was addition by subtraction. Jamal came one interview away from getting an extremely lucrative contract. Let this be a lesson for the next petulant player who decides to cross the line. 

Suck on that Jamal.