Josh Bellamy cut

GreekJet

I think they signed him to play special teams, so I'm not sure why anybody would have expected him to do much as a WR.  He was over 30 and never had a season over 400 yards.  This move is just like with Enunwa.  They had him on the PUP and his contract would be up before he would be eligible to play again.  No real reason to keep him around.

Not all of the bad signings were 100% Maccagnan.

Gase was supposedly involved in a few of them-Bellamy and Mosley, for example.  

It is also not clear how much Gase was involved with JD on Kalil, which might be the third worst signing of the last two years after Mosley and Bell.  

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

It is also not clear how much Gase was involved with JD on Kalil, which might be the third worst signing of the last two years after Mosley and Bell.  

LOL, the bad signings arent on the GM, theyre on the HC?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, the bad signing arent on the GM, theyre on the HC?

What is this supposed to even mean?  The coach has no input?  The GM is 100% at fault for every guy they bring in?  Gase and his staff absolutely requested Bellamy and Daniel Brown.  Neither was a particularly successful signing.  I wouldn't complain about them being bad because the money was very light and sometimes it is important to get "your" guys in, just to help with terminology and how practice is run. 

Gase was supposedly all pissed they didn't sign Darren Fells who signed a near league minimum deal and that they moved so slow and got beat out on Paradis.  If the coach gets the GM fired based on personnel moves, do you think the coach has nothing to do with personnel moves?  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is this supposed to even mean?  The coach has no input?  The GM is 100% at fault for every guy they bring in?  Gase and his staff absolutely requested Bellamy and Daniel Brown.  Neither was a particularly successful signing.  I wouldn't complain about them being bad because the money was very light and sometimes it is important to get "your" guys in, just to help with terminology and how practice is run. 

Gase was supposedly all pissed they didn't sign Darren Fells who signed a near league minimum deal and that they moved so slow and got beat out on Paradis.  If the coach gets the GM fired based on personnel moves, do you think the coach has nothing to do with personnel moves?  

You should never pay money for a guy like Bellamy. Good organizations give his role to a young/developmental player. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The HC always cries for players.  The GM signs off, puts his name to it, that means he agrees amd moves forward

But the real point is no one knows who wanted who.  No one knows that Gase was all pissed over anyone.  Thats the point, we dont get to just decide who to blame depending on who we like or dislike

The coach supposedly, got the GM fired, supposedly, because that GM wouldnt communicate with the HC or others "in the building".  The HC supposedly brought it up to the owner that the GM wasnt liked "in the building" anf then CJ found it to be true along with Macc was liked by few if any. 

41 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

You should never pay money for a guy like Bellamy. Good organizations give his role to a young/developmental player. 

Like Vyncint Smith?  It is a nice theory, but I already told you a few good reasons.  The Jets had no vets.  It is usually good to have a mix.  The guy cost us a whopping 7 games of roster space and very little money.   Paul Worrilow and Josh Adams were brought up when they IR'ed him.  Not something I would cry over.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The HC always cries for players.  The GM signs off, puts his name to it, that means he agrees amd moves forward

But the real point is no one knows who wanted who.  No one knows that Gase was all pissed over anyone.  Thats the point, we dont get to just decide who to blame depending on who we like or dislike

The coach supposedly, got the GM fired, supposedly, because that GM wouldnt communicate with the HC or others "in the building".  The HC supposedly brought it up to the owner that the GM wasnt liked "in the building" anf then CJ found it to be true along with Macc was liked by few if any. 

We don't know?  Supposedly?  I get taking what the press says with some skepticism, but when their narrative unfolds before us, you still don't believe it? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

We don't know?  Supposedly?  I get taking what the press says with some skepticism, but when their narrative unfolds before us, you still don't believe it? 

I dont think we know what went down, other than the reports about communication issues and Macc not being respected or liked.  I do believe that Gase ratted his ass out to CJ and as the new kid on the block they moved Macc out and someone Gase had knowledge and friendship with in JD.  

All I know is I'm glad the way it worked out.  And again I was only against blaming the HC for all the bad picks.  I mean, JDs a former OL and Kalil was on Gase?  Those who like Mangini always talk about how good he was drafting and those who dont like Rex cry over the Kyle Wilsons of the world

18 hours ago, varjet said:

What scares me about Gase is that Kalil was AWFUL but he kept him in the starting lineup for how many games? The line improved immediately after he got hurt. It shouldn’t take getting hurt to bench someone that bad. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Drums said:

What scares me about Gase is that Kalil was AWFUL but he kept him in the starting lineup for how many games? The line improved immediately after he got hurt. It shouldn’t take getting hurt to bench someone that bad. 

That’s how you know Kalil was a Gase signing 

And yes that is scary

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Drums said:

That was indeed strange.  It's not like Gase was doing it to prove a point or something. 

Todd Bowles clearly seemed to be doing that when he kept trotting out Spencer Long at Center even though he couldn't snap the ball properly when in shotgun formation.  It seemed clear to me, and others here, that Bowles was doing that to send a message to ownership that Macc was god awful at his job. 

There was just no reason like that for Gase to keep putting Kalil out there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was indeed strange.  It's not like Gase was doing it to prove a point or something. 

Todd Bowles clearly seemed to be doing that when he kept trotting out Spencer Long at Center even though he couldn't snap the ball properly when in shotgun formation.  It seemed clear to me, and others here, that Bowles was doing that to send a message to ownership that Macc was god awful at his job. 

There was just no reason like that for Gase to keep putting Kalil out there.

Yeah that was a huge red flag with Gase and reminded me exactly of Bowles. GW was never afraid to bench someone and that’s how it has to be

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah that was a huge red flag with Gase and reminded me exactly of Bowles. GW was never afraid to bench someone and that’s how it has to be

Ehh, he's shown he's willing to bench other guys on the team for not performing.  Though maybe that's primarily been something Gregg Williams has been doing.

Hopefully this was just an anomaly and something Gase learned from.