Will Q. Williams have a sack?

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

I will add that calling him fat is moronic because the dude is a NT/DT/DE and got in shape and its just so f**king jetsy to do that.  People look so dumb doing that and I'm surprised so many jet fans are following that narrative.  

Yep he's in good shape and says he's "unstoppable" yet still can't generate pressure against the Jets' second team OL.  I don't recall a single mention of Quinnen, neither positive nor negative, the entire training camp.  He was estimated to have 1 sack and 2 TFLs all of camp, per Connor Hughes.  I know our beat writers suck, but I'm sure ONE would have noticed if he'd made a standout play.

He's a bust.

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

2.5 is terrible. My point is it can’t get worse than that so saying 1 sack the entire season while missing 3 games is stupid. So yeah, it seems like unnecessary hate or at least negativity. 

This still makes no sense.  Again, we expect him to get significantly better.  Anything other than that means he's a bust.  Why single out that argument and say "lol he can''t get worse that's dumb!"?  It's irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This still makes no sense.  Again, we expect him to get significantly better.  Anything other than that means he's a bust.  Why single out that argument and say "lol he can''t get worse that's dumb!"?  It's irrelevant.

I don’t feel like we are on the same page here. I was calling someone a hater basically while acknowledging others criticism is actually realistic. You aren’t bashing him, I actually agree with you, but the person I quoted basically was and I called him on it. Let’s stop talking about this now because I don’t see the point in continuing this discussion. 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol I thought your first post above was a joke.  "Unnecessary hate"?  2.5 sacks is not good, lol.  Ed Oliver had twice that, plus a Forced Fumble, and he started less games (7) than Quinnen (9).

It's not "unnecessary hate" when he did basically nothing his rookie year and is very likely not going to do anything in year 2 either.

Another fact which doesn't show up on the stat sheet is that his two full sacks came when he was unblocked. So he only had .5 of a sack last year when an offensive lineman actually blocked him which is pathetic for a 3rd overall pick.

• Upvote 1

i really don't care if he has any sacks as long as he disrupts the flow of the run or pass blocking.  if he gets a sack, great but it shouldn't be what determines what his effectiveness is.
it's funny to hear that here... It is a completely grown up perspective... Remember a lot of people demanding a safety have more than 10 sacks to be call a successful safety.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

it's funny to hear that here... It is a completely grown up perspective... Remember a lot of people demanding a safety have more than 10 sacks to be call a successful safety.

Anyone who thinks Sacks are a sustainable and useful identifier of Safety play should probably just delete their accounts.

And as I pointed out earlier in the thread, Quinnen's 5 QB Hurries, 11 Pressures, 3 QB Knockdowns and 6 QB Hits are not good numbers.  So ignoring the Sacks and pointing out the "peripheral numbers" doesn't help Quinnen's case, either.

He sucked last year, by every metric.  Anyone who is on the Quinnen train needs to hope he performs significantly better in 2020 to demonstrate he's not another in a long line of DT busts in Jets history.  Produce, that's it.

• Sympathy 1

Anyone who thinks Sacks are a sustainable and useful identifier of Safety play should probably just delete their accounts.
And as I pointed out earlier in the thread, Quinnen's 5 QB Hurries, 11 Pressures, 3 QB Knockdowns and 6 QB Hits are not good numbers.  So ignoring the Sacks and pointing out the "peripheral numbers" doesn't help Quinnen's case, either.
He sucked last year, by every metric.  Anyone who is on the Quinnen train needs to hope he performs significantly better in 2020 to demonstrate he's not another in a long line of DT busts in Jets history.  Produce, that's it.
Yup ..that sentiment goes for every position in the team.

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

i watched part of the kc-texas game and noted one play where jj watt crashed the line on a goal line play and disrupted the blocking enough so others could tackle the runner.  and that's what the jets need qwill to do.  he'll get his sacks if he does his primary job first.