Manish's Replacement Asked This Question

Maxman

Heres what I dont get.  The NYDNs circulation and readership has been in a tailspin all the years I used to read it on my commute and on, DYoung, MLupica, RCimini, MMehta, theyve gotten worse and worse, harsher and harsher and doesnt seem to me that the confrontational beat reporter approach isnt really working, is it?

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Manish is no different than just about any, so called, journalist these days.

He’s selling himself and his own agenda.

Adam Gase and the NY Jets did not like it, so they got rid of him.  

I can’t imagine you would just expect the Daily News to simply bend-over and take it.

Connor Hughes, for sure.  But the Daily News isn’t going to allow Adam Gase to control them.

Let go of your hate Mr Mehta.

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres what I dont get.  The NYDNs circulation and readership has been in a tailspin all the years I used to read it on my commute and on, DYoung, MLupica, RCimini, MMehta, theyve gotten worse and worse, harsher and harsher and doesnt seem to me that the confrontational beat reporter approach isnt really working, is it?

Nope, it’s not, hasn’t for years. 

NYDN didn’t get the memo that Jets fans aren’t gullible blue collar drunks anymore.  Fireman Ed got the message. Loud and clear.  Manish got the message. Gone. Joe Beningo and his failing ratings are next.    

SAR I

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

Manish doubled down on all his misfires this summer on the play like a jet podcast.  Dude sticks to his guns saying the jets basically had a deal in place with Logan ryan and when it leaked, JD stopped negotiating.  Also doubles down on the financial restrictions placed by the owners.  I hated listening to that podcast today.

There is zero chance that Douglas wouldn't follow through on a signing that would have helped the team just to spite a reporter.  It's just plain silly.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

Manish doubled down on all his misfires this summer on the play like a jet podcast.  Dude sticks to his guns saying the jets basically had a deal in place with Logan ryan and when it leaked, JD stopped negotiating.  Also doubles down on the financial restrictions placed by the owners.  I hated listening to that podcast today.

Yeah, thats what happened.  

You actually believe this?  LOL, Manish knew a deal was in place.  

It's an absurd question, but I am not a huge fan of Gase's response. By focusing on the timing of the question, he actually legitimized the premise of it.

A better answer would have been that it's not his job or responsibility to judge the feelings of Jets fans. His focus is on the team and winning football games. It's also unfair for the reporter to lump all Jets fans together as if they all have the same exact thoughts on the head coach and his performance.

39 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It's an absurd question, but I am not a huge fan of Gase's response. By focusing on the timing of the question, he actually legitimized the premise of it.

A better answer would have been that it's not his job or responsibility to judge the feelings of Jets fans. His focus is on the team and winning football games. It's also unfair for the reporter to lump all Jets fans together as if they all have the same exact thoughts on the head coach and his performance.

His response was good. If he did what you suggested that would have been legitimizing the premise.

Instead he basically said I am focused on the Bills. That is how Belichick answers this stuff all the time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What’s wrong with holding a man, who makes millions of dollars a year, accountable to be even mildly competent? It’s a legitimate question.

It absolutely is no where near legitimate. Adam Gase will be held accountable by what the team does on the field. In April of 1996 a ton of Yankee fans wanted Joe Torre fired after he just got there. A year later it wasn't the case any longer. What happens on the field is what matters.

What Jets fans think of Gase? You ask him that a few days before the game when the media gets such little exposure. The NYDN feature was about a 19 year old blogger? Great kid, I am a huge fan of his but how about they just cover the team.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

His response was good. If he did what you suggested that would have been legitimizing the premise.

Instead he basically said I am focused on the Bills. That is how Belichick answers this stuff all the time.

The difference between BB and Gase is that BB legit doesn’t care about what anyone writes about him. Gase by all accounts is incredibly thin skinned. 

It was a fair question that was worded very inappropriately. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, GreekJet said:

The difference between BB and Gase is that BB legit doesn’t care about what anyone writes about him. Gase by all accounts is incredibly thin skinned. 

That's your opinion. Based on things Manish, who was just essentially fired, has said.

It is a waste of time to ask a coach what he thinks about the fans opinion before the opener.

Want to ask him if he is worried about his job? Or what C Johnson thinks? Sure that is fair. But what the fans think is Friday night lights barber shop level stuff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Whats the point of doing a interview if you cant make people uncomfortable once in awhile to get something outside the normal company line. 

This is New York somebody's gotta be the bad guy.

Hard questions are fine. The daily news crosses the line into stupidity all the time.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Also the difference between BB and Gase is much more than that lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Hard questions are fine. The daily news crosses the line into stupidity all the time.

I actually agree with this. But i feel like this is there angle. Maybe because its been happening for so long . But i dont expect anything different when it comes to them. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, thats what happened.  

You actually believe this?  LOL, Manish knew a deal was in place.  

I don’t, that’s why I posted this.  I never was a fan of Manish, he’s actually blocked me on twitter.  I was just pointing out how nuts this man is doubling down on his made up stories. 

10 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I don’t, that’s why I posted this.  I never was a fan of Manish, he’s actually blocked me on twitter.  I was just pointing out how nuts this man is doubling down on his made up stories. 

Im glad it was me, I was starting to worry about you!  lol

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

My question is why would Jets fans care if Gase agrees with their assessment?

We wouldn't/shouldn't.

If the team is bad he gets fired.

Probably not in 2020, but conceptually, yes.

Nobody needs Gase's permission to feel a certain way about him.

Agreed.

He didn't ask, what would you say to Jets fans who think you should be fired? He basically tried to bait Gase into saying something bad about Jets fans.

That would have been a better, more fair, and more appropriate question, agreed.  "Why should Jets Fans believe in you as their Head Coach" is IMO a fair question.

Just garbage. 

The Daily News is going out of business. This isn't helping.

New York media is poop.  This is hardly new.

• Upvote 1

The question is ridiculous. Why are you asking someone about being fired. Would they want to be asked what happens when Manish's replacement needs a replacement. I'm not a gase supporter or opposer, but no one wants to answer that dumb question. Ask about improvements, does he see things differently, areas to improve, normal questions that coach's are usually asked.